Vegetariano El Calafate

International cuisine vegetarian restaurant with an abundance of Middle Eastern and Mediterranean dishes. Offers a 3-course menu for around €10. Try the lentil soup and tomato soup. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, International
Calle Andres Perez, 6 (front of Terteria El Haren)
Malaga, Spain

Open Mon-Sat 1:30-4pm, 8:30-11:30pm.

First Review by Fuegoblanco
Albita
Albita

Good inexpensive food

3 Posted on 01 / 19 / 2014

This is my second option in Malaga. They have nice menus with 2 dishes and dessert (the joghurt is the best!)for a very convenient price. Food is quite good.

Service sometimes is a little slow, though.

Pros: good value, friendly staff
JonJon
JonJon

Good value and tasty food

4 Posted on 10 / 20 / 2013

The restaurant offers a three-course meal for less than 10 euros. Vegan options are sufficient for entry and flat but there is no vegan desserts.
The food is very good and well presented. Portions are generous. The staff is very friendly and will help you to find vegan options.

Pros: good value and vegan options, very friendly staff, very affordable
Cons: no vegan dessert
AgaTrzak
AgaTrzak

Just came back, can't eat another thing! Brilliant

5 Posted on 09 / 18 / 2013

Amazing vegan food! Freshly made, very well prepared, delicious. Waiter and chef were both super friendly and forthcoming to prepare vegan food. The sizes of the portions were huge, we were both full after the starter! Two three-course meals and a sangria each were 21 euros together for the both of us. For desert the vegan options included fruit, tea or coffee. After that much food however, there was no need for anything else. Just perfect! Best dining experience in Malaga!

Pros: Vegan options, Super Friendly Service!, Very Tasty!
Adina
Adina

a real gem

4 Posted on 02 / 23 / 2013

lots of great vegan and vegetarian food, and the choice was really hard to make. We had seitan, which was cooked beautifully and really juicy. Our vegetables were cooked exactly as requested. Very helpful english waiter too.

Clare
Clare

Yum

5 Posted on 05 / 24 / 2012

I had been meaning to go here for ages and so treated myself to my birthday lunch today. For some reason (maybe the name) I was expecting predominantly middle-eastern dishes (not a huge fan of cous cous) but was pleasantly surprised with the variety of vegan wholesome and tasty options.

The atmosphere was nice. Mobile coverage is very low there if you're thinking of doing any business as it's in a small side street (just so you know).

The service was excellent and I enjoyed a cream of courgette soup with lovely bread and a layered roasted vegetable dish with a tofu and spice rice dish (see photos) I was very full afterwards.

Vegan desserts were disappointingly limited to fruit however the lunch menu was good at under €10.

I would definitely return there. They also had disabled access for toilets.

Pros: Great food, good price, great servce
Cons: little tricky to find, no vegan desserts other than fruit, poor mobile coverage
marielou
marielou

very pleasant

4 Posted on 04 / 04 / 2012

the food tastes really good at this place and is vegetarian. I found the food very satisfying and wholesome. Also i was very impressed that they made fresh smoothies to order - not standing around in the fridge all day, instead they used all fresh ingredients and blended them to order. Superb, because i like my juices fresh. Well worth a visit. Also nice atmosphere and waiter speaks perfect english so you wont have any problems ordering.

Pros: quality, tasty
Cons: not organic
psiphi75
psiphi75

Nice atmosphere

4 Posted on 12 / 02 / 2011

Nice atmosphere and was mostly full while we were there. Waiter was very nice and spoke perfect English, we think he was English. So he explained what could be made vegan and how. We took the 3-course menu of the day, but veganised. This means desert was just slices of fruit. Serves coffee. Reasonably priced.

+++VeGaNiSaToR+++
+++VeGaNiSaToR+++

a good place !

5 Posted on 07 / 17 / 2011

my favorite restaurant in Andalucia. Friendly staff, nice with vegan people. portions are big. Take a menu at 9€50 and try the calafate juice !!! good presentation also

Pros: very hearty, cheap
Fuegoblanco
Fuegoblanco

imaganative menu

5 Posted on 06 / 29 / 2011

I have been about 5 times to the restaurant, and have always found the food excellent and well presented. The staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful. We recommend this place to our Fuegoblanco B&B vegetarian clients. They always come back speaking highly of the food, the value (especially 'menu del dia'), and the service.

Dear Owner and Manager of Vegetariano El Calafate: