Vegetarian Thai Orchid

Offers an assortment of pre-made dishes for around 20-30 baht each. It's near President Hotel. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Thai, Fast food

First Review by rheb
mikemikemikemike
mikemikemikemike

Standard Thai veg options with a few nice bonuses.

4 Posted on 10 / 03 / 2013

I've stopped here several times on my way to go shopping at the big market just north of the US consulate. The food is always pretty good. Nothing mind-blowing, but there's always a nice variety of dishes, from greens to pumpkin to curries to fake meats, all served with black/purple rice. A plate of rice and 3 vegetables will cost you 35B; an extra deep fried bamboo and mushroom cake will set you back another ten but is well worth it!

The market across the street is also well worth recommending! Coconuts for 10B each, roast sweet potatoes, fresh avocados, cashews...all sorts of great veg treats for prices far cheaper than you'd pay inside the city walls.

Pros: Dependably good food, quick service, Nice, shady outdoor dining
Cons: Ordinary (but in a good way!)
KathyLinn
KathyLinn

Wonderful Vegan Fare

5 Posted on 06 / 02 / 2013

Eight of us came here together numerous times. We did have a local friend who ordered many dishes for us to try and they were all excellent. I am not a fan of imitation meat because it reminds me of meat, but I like mushrooms and tofu and they certaiunly have many flavors. So inexpensive, under $10 US dollars for at least a dozen dishes that we ordered served family stlye. A great variety of flavors, an all vegan restraunt, friendly staff. I highly recommend the Thai Orchid. Leave a tip!!!

Pros: Many Dishes to Choose, All Vegan, Very Inexpensive
Cons: Only open for lunch
Agenda
Agenda

Good place

4 Posted on 06 / 05 / 2012

It's a good cafe with stable selection of dishes and pre-packed take aways. I really like the flavour of food there even though virually every dish is stuffed with fake meats (Yota is sponsoring).

Pros: Good selection, Owner speaks English
Cons: 30 baht for everything, Very popular so might be busy
msvegan
msvegan

Basic simple food

4 Posted on 04 / 17 / 2011

Standard glass case with multiple veg. options and some app. to choose from for lunch. They did seem to have some more traditional Thai items that Ive not seen in other lunch places. I had the noodle soup which was good and some stuff wontons which were excellent.

The outdoor seating is pleasant and the staff was very nice.

Also, they are just a couple doors down from a very good health food store which has alot of hard to find items like tahini, stevia, etc.

Can be a little hard to find. Best to find the Presidents Hotel on a map. Its on the opposite side of the street about a 5 minute walk heading away from chang mai center.

Pros: good simple food, inexpensive, pleasant seating
Cons: limited hours
rheb
rheb

Food only OK, not a lot of selection

2 Posted on 06 / 05 / 2008

I've been here once, at lunchtime, and was underwhelmed by the small selection of green vegetables and tofu dishes. The food was OK, not great, and I wasn't inspired to come back. The seating area is garden-ish and nice, but this seems like a place where you're better off ordering the noodle soup!

Pros: Inexpensive
Cons: small selection, food only OK

Dear Owner and Manager of Vegetarian Thai Orchid: