Small shop selling cruelty-free shoes for men and women. Made in Europe. more-less
12 Gardner Street

VeganDakini
VeganDakini

high quality vegan shoes

Posted on 10 / 28 / 2014

Vegetarian Shoes make the best quality vegan shoes in the world. They are well made from strong materials that are really resilient and will serve you for many years. Nice little shop to showcase their collection. Staff were very helpful. My only criticism is that the shoes tend to be punky/gothic or very 'sensible' it would be nice if they offered a broader range to suit everyone fir all occasions.

imogenmichel
imogenmichel

Fantastic boots by mail order!

Posted on 01 / 29 / 2014

I've never been to their physical shop, but I have ordered some boots from them from their online shop. The online shop is easy to use and understand, and once I had ordered the boots from them they arrived quickly and well-packaged. The boots themselves are their own work/safety boots and are of a very good quality.

Pros: All vegan, ethical shoes!, Easy to use web order service, Great quality
soniam
soniam

Highly Disapointed Customer

Posted on 01 / 28 / 2014

I don't know how the retail store compares to the customer service and judgement of the corporate staff, but this is no way to run a company. A long story short, no responsibility was taken for an obvious mis-sizing of shoes (2 sizes too big!!! I based it off of the sizing charts provided as well as a pair of boots I already own that fit precisely) and customer service was extremely unhelpful in trying to help with shipping costs for an already very expensive replacement shoe. I ended up contacting Moo shoes in New York (they carry the brand as well as several other vegan brands), they were extremely helpful and managed to work something out for me. Buy your shoes from them instead!!!!

Pros: Well made shoes, Ethical Manufacturing
Cons: Terrible customer service

gen6
gen6

Great shop!

Posted on 09 / 19 / 2013

Such a great shop and definitely recommended for anyone who visits Brighton - you won't come away empty handed! The shoes are a range between the practical work gear to casual to stylish fashionable types

CLRtraveller
CLRtraveller

many styles

Posted on 12 / 10 / 2012

Ankle boots, running shoes, flats, heels, belts. Reasonable prices.

Pros: many styles, reasonable prices
Aya
Aya

Vegan shoes!

Posted on 03 / 31 / 2012

The shop is very small but lovely all the same.
I have Airseal steel-toe shoes, bought them in 2005. I wear them every autumn and winter, and they still look very good. The quality is excellent.

Pros: It's all vegan, Friendly staff, Cool!
Cons: It's a very small place
Miggi
Miggi

A Brighton Institution!

Posted on 01 / 26 / 2012

We love the veggie shoes shop, been going in for years. I always need to try shoes and boots on before I buy so the mail-order companies don't work for me at all. The shop workers all seem really friendly and committed, providing advice and happy to scurry off to find different sizes / insoles etc. These days the shop has a wide range of shoes, sandals and boots (including the gorgeous New Rock ones). They also do belts, jackets, and so on.

Pros: Try on before you buy, Staff are helpful and friendly, Veggie company
Cons: Not open Sundays, Bank Hols
Tara HD
Tara HD

Excellent vegan shoes made in Europe

Posted on 01 / 18 / 2012

I had known Vegetarian Shoes as a brand long before I had the opportunity to go to their only shop location in August 2011.

It's a small shop but truly wonderful: I had a *choice* of shoes that I could try on, all vegan! I bought a pair of sneakers: the "Aztec Shoe" and it's my absolute favorite pair of shoes. I wear it nearly every day. They're comfortable, breathable, and perfect to wear even in rainy weather (as long as it's not pouring).

The only fault I could find with the shop was that there were no women's shoes over the (EU) size of 42. They have a collection of unisex shoes (in bigger sizes) though.

It was so much better than ordering online! So if you are in the area it's definitely worth a little detour to Brighton and dropping in at the Infinity Foods Cafe directly opposite of Vegetarian Shoes afterwards for some cake - well, that's at least what I did.

Pros: all vegan, friendly staff, selection of unisex shoes in big sizes
Cons: women's shoes only up to (EU) size 42

Dear Owner and Manager of Vegetarian Shoes: