Decatur vegan restaurant serving Caribbean style vegan food including patties made from tofu, ackee, and vegetable, also rice and peas with vege chicken or beef, callaloo roti, vegetarian soychicken, juices and smoothies. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Organic, Caribbean, Fast food, Juice bar, Take-out
6125 Covington Hwy Ste 5 (lithonia)
Decatur, Georgia 30035
678-518-8649

Open Mon-Thur 11am-8pm. Fri-Sat 11am-9pm, Sun 2-6pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by kimmie2072

Great Food but Unappealing Environment

4 Posted on 07 / 16 / 2014

I came here 2 years ago and left immediately. I decided to give it a second try today with a little more of an open mind and the following was my experience. This place is easy to find using GPS but the exterior of the shopping center and neighborhood is unappealing. The interior of the eatery is clean (health/safety rating was A) but bland and uninviting. There is very little seating and very little food on display. That said... The staff is friendly and the food is very good with a little Caribbean kick. I will return here. If you are open-minded and willing to look beyond the aesthetics then this place might also be for you.

Pros: great food, friendly staff
Cons: eatery interior, neighborhood

2 Posted on 07 / 16 / 2013

the most intelligent restaurant I've ever been in. Very unimpressive.. Really limited selection and nothing sounded appetizing. 4 other people in there with me and no one was being helped. I'm glad there was no one behind the counter, actually, because I would have felt kinda bad when I turned around and walked back out. This was no paradise, and I'm not just being a vegan snob! Here's your warning, people of happy cow...

Really Special

5 Posted on 11 / 12 / 2012

the Vegetarian Paradise is the bomb!! I love carribean food and they sure are doin it right. They give samples of many items. Also, the drinks are out of this world!!!! The smoothies and juices they make are really special, I don't see a selection like this anywhere else on the east coast. This place is definitely worth a visit or two! Big ups to the paradise. they are doing it right!

Pros: Yummy, Fabulous Drinks, Affordable
Cons: A little out of the way

So happy I Found This Place

5 Posted on 10 / 03 / 2012

Thanks to my handy HappyCow App I found Vegetarian Paradise. The food was so good. I didn't miss the meat at all... The gentleman behind the counter was very nice and helped me decided what to get since it was my first time and I have only been Vegan for 6 months.
I had the "steak" w/ brown rice and peas and salad. I also tried the Ackee patty (it was so good my 15 month old ate most of it so I ordered her another one). I wast hesitant about getting the "steak", but I'm so glad I went with his suggestion. The taste and texture was on point!
This is about to be my go to for Vegan spot... and lucky for me it wasn't that far from my house.
Keep up the good work Vegetarian Paradise!!! Can't wait to come back. It may be this week :-)

Pros: Excellent Food, Great Price, Good quality
Cons: I can't go every day

Great Food and Friendly Service

5 Posted on 01 / 05 / 2012

The food here is great and the homemade drinks are soooo good and refreshing. The staff is also very pleasant and the environment gives you that "back home family" restaurant feeling. Call your order in ahead of time and you will eliminate the wait if wait is a problem.

Pros: Excellent, Healthy, Friendly Staff

wonderful food!!!!!!

5 Posted on 04 / 07 / 2010

Delicious dinner of veg-chicken w/ rice and peas. Also had a drink with spurilla and pumpkin seeds.....divine.

Pros: healthy, delicious

okay

3 Posted on 01 / 13 / 2009

Good food but served in stiafoam plates.Not good for eating in because it is very noisey because of the blenders going all the time

Pros: good price, food good
Cons: noisey
Guest
Guest

EXCLUSIVE FOODS

5 Posted on 05 / 16 / 2008

THIS SPOT IS ONE OF THE BEST TASTING VEGAN RESTURANTS EVER,AND IVE BEEN AROUND THE WORLD TWICE AND ATE EVERY VEGAN DISH THERE IS,BUT THIS SPOT BEATS THEM ALL,THE WAIT IS KINDA LONG, BUT I BELIEVE IF U WANT TO CONSUME GOOD FOOD THEN WAITING IS NOT A OPTION.I THINK EVERY VEGAN SHOULD TRY THIS SPOT,BECAUSE I THINK THERE ABOUT TO TAKE ATLANTA OVER BY STORM,QUANTUM POTIENTIAL FOOD FOR UR BODY,MIND AND SOUL IS AT VEGETARIAN PARADISE TRY IT FORREAL FORREAL. PEACE!

Pros: EXCELLENT, HEALTHY, MAGNIFICENT
Cons: OVERSTANDING, GREATMINDS, PEOPLE PERSONS

Wonderful

4 Posted on 05 / 05 / 2008

This is a great restaurant with some wonderful food. The is great flavor. The wait can sometimes seem long, however, with the excellent and friendly service (along with the delicious food) you won't mind the wait. My husband found this place on his way to work and I have been in love with it from day one.

Dear Owner and Manager of Vegetarian Paradise: