Vegetarian Palate

Offers a diverse array of vegetarian dishes, including many different mock meats. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Asian, Delivery, Take-out
258 Flatbush Ave (Prospect & St Marks)
Brooklyn, New York 11201
718-623-8808/09

Open Sun-Thur 11:30am-11pm, Fri-Sat 11:30-12am.

First Review by Drago
sweetP1105
sweetP1105

Ready for something yummy

2 Posted on 03 / 03 / 2014

After a long day... I had my taste buds set on Vegetarian Palate. Sadly to arrive and the location has closed?!? Where are you, my dear Vegetarian Palate?

Peytona Waddy
Peytona Waddy

IGNORE THOSE OLD REVIEWS!

5 Posted on 12 / 04 / 2012

RUN, DON'T WALK TO THIS PLACE.
as a new vegan, i know how to cook my meals at home to make them taste really good without adding a lot of salt and sugar. but when i eat out - even at vegan-friendly restaurants, i am always disappointed in the amount of oil, fat and sugar that is used to get flavor.
THIS PLACE ROCKS.
my friend who brought me here was laughing at how happy i was to be eating this food. and you know what? you could tell the server was PROUD to bring such good food, healthy and tasty to our table. having been a waitress in the past, i can tell you that means a great deal.
i'm visiting New York again - staying in manhattan - and i am making the trip to flatbush avenue today cuz i gots to git me some Vegetarian Palate!

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff proud of the food, large portions
Cons: none
LegrayDynamic
LegrayDynamic

great trusty spot

5 Posted on 02 / 29 / 2012

Every single time our family has eaten here we have been fully satisfied. Kids love it great portions a family favorite.

Pros: great asian style vegetarian foods , great prices
nomad888
nomad888

I'm glad this place is here

5 Posted on 02 / 28 / 2011

I'm somewhat surprised at the low overall reviews. I've enjoyed everything I've had and the lunch menu is very reasonably priced. Nothing fancy, but I eat here about once per week.

veggiegoth
veggiegoth

not good

2 Posted on 09 / 26 / 2010

went here a couple of times about 5 years ago and the food just was not good at all. don't remember what i ate but do remember it was not the least bit tasty.

Zarinah
Zarinah

Simply Delicious

4 Posted on 08 / 31 / 2009

The menu haa a nice variety of healthy dishes to choose from; including fresh juices. What I like most is that they don't serve meat, which is not something you will see at a typical fastfood chinese restaurant; where vegetaian dishes are prepared in the same juices and oils as the meat dishes.

Pros: healthy dishes, raw juices
Cons: some bland soup
Drago
Drago

Looks good but pretty bland

2 Posted on 03 / 05 / 2008

I was really excited to go here because I read a review of it in Satya and heard it had a huge menu but after ordering many things from the menu I keep getting let down. The food is rather bland and with the presentation just looks inedible sometimes. The roast chicken looks like you put seitan in a jello mold in the shape of a chicken, scallion pancakes are very very greasy, banana split comes on too small a plate and your ice cream will fall off, etc. They do have the same heavily breaded chicken pieces as Red Bamboo so if you order something bad you can still get that to go and know you'll be safe but other than that I don't find it worth it.

Pros: open late, huge menu
Cons: bland, sometimes gross, poor presentation

Dear Owner and Manager of Vegetarian Palate: