Vegetarian Noodle Bowl

Vegetarian place serving Malaysian and Chinese food. Also sells frozen and dry vegetarian food to take home. Opened fall-2013; previously located on Andersons Creek Road. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Chinese, Malaysian

First Review by greenvk
vegelover
vegelover

Great Nasi Lemak, Another Great Vegetarian Place!

5 Posted on 04 / 07 / 2014

Tried Nasi lemak, very nice. Char Koay Teow & Hor Fun, very yummy. Then in November they have specials buy 3 dishes get 1 free. The Curry Laksa is also mouth watering. Price very reasonable, generous portion. No onion, garlic, chives. Can opt for egg/without eggs. Hosts very nice. Parking off street.

This restaurant reminds me of the vegetarian shops in Malaysia, selling also frozen vegetarian food & dried food.

Thank you for cooking such nice vegetarian meals!
Updated from previous review on Tuesday November 05, 2013

Pros: Generous Portion, Great tasting food, Reasonable priced
Cons: A bit far from us but we get there.
veggiecaitlin
veggiecaitlin

Fantastic Fuss-Free Meal

5 Posted on 04 / 03 / 2014

What a great little gem! I was so happy to find this place only 7 minutes drive from my house only to find out that they'll be moving the restaurant to Forest Hill in a week! We had the Char Kway Teow (second to none), Japanese Tofu and Vegetables (very fresh and nice addition of ginger) and they crispy Duck. I had food envy looking at everyone else's noodle soups so will have to give them a go before they move shop!

Be warned that they only have about 6 tables and they are very popular. We were lucky to get a table for 2. Probably worth booking in advance if you plan on going at a busy time.

All in all, great food at a great place. If the owners are reading this... PLEASE DON'T LEAVE!!

Pros: Great food, Good value, Large portions
Cons: Basic decor
KingKong
KingKong

Great little gem

4 Posted on 01 / 13 / 2014

It's worth making the trip for the Nasi Lemak and the Hainan chicken rice.

I could pretty much stop the review right there.

I'll get the negative out of the way real quick. Location. You need to drive there and even then, it's not easy to find the first time. So here's the tip. Get to Blackburn road (13) and follow it North till you hit Anderson creek road on your right. Straight down Anderson Creek, pass Reynolds road and then it's a few minutes to your left so SLOW DOWN. Follow the little sign

The only other negative is decor, by your there for the food.

The positive. The price and serving size is quite generous and the food is by far one of the best I've tasted. If you've got a Laksa craving, it's one of the best Laksa I've ever had, meat or veggie.

They also sell Veggie mock meats and limited groceries so for me, it's two birds, one stone. I'd suggest they expand their groceries business a little and do a quick barista course. With that combo, I can see them thriving.

Pros: Price, Food, Groceries
Cons: Location

greenvk
greenvk

Hidden Gem

4 Posted on 11 / 16 / 2013

A quiet little place that used to be a milk bar (and still is to some extent).

Family run, serving mainly takeaway, but dine in is also available.

Serving mainly mock meats in Malaysian, Chinese and Thai style cooking.

The owners are Buddhist, and don't use onion or garlic, but the food was still very tasty. The serving sizes are very generous, so don't order too much. Prices were pretty reasonable too.

They also sell mock meats and other vegetarian products you can take gone, but I noticed they had cage eggs for sale on the shelves. They at least should have been free range.

Pros: Good Food, Prices, Friendly
Cons: No Onion And Garlic

Dear Owner and Manager of Vegetarian Noodle Bowl: