Vegetarian Health Food Center

Vegan restaurant serves traditional Ghanaian food. Daily changing menu. Open mainly for lunch hours, but snacks such as soy-kebabs and veggie burgers available in the later hours as well. Also has a shop that sells organic and natural health products. Located opposite El-wak Sports Stadium, behind survey department. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Ghanaian
Giffard Rd (/East of 37 Military Hospital Junction)
Accra, Ghana

Sabrina H
Sabrina H

Tasty & Cheap!

Posted on 08 / 13 / 2013

This one is a little hard to find at first, but it was so busy at lunchtime, I would imagine many people in the area can point you in the right direction. Those who we asked knew what we were looking for. They had several typical Ghanaian dishes in vegan versions, and almost any dish was 5 GHS. Service was pretty fast and the portions were huge. I had the Fufu, and since that was my first time trying the dish, I can't compare, but it was good and came out very quickly. They also sell banana bread by the slice, and while it was a little dry, it had great flavor. Definitely worth a visit!

Pros: Affordable, Menu options, Flavor
Cons: Hidden Location
proper or pompous?
proper or pompous?

pretty good

Posted on 11 / 19 / 2012

i ate at this restaurant just three hours ago, a bit after 4pm. the only thing they had left was rice and stew, so that's what i got. i also ordered a juice that never came. english is barely spoken, so that might have played a part? the staff is mildly unfriendly, but i've dealt with worse.

the seasoned rice was good, but the taste of the stew was a bit overpowered by it's spiciness. i like spicy food, but not when it dominates the flavor.

if you're in the area, give it a try, just get there around noon.

Pros: vegan, good price
Cons: out of the way, runs out of options, not friendly
NaomiBlack
NaomiBlack

Tasty

Posted on 06 / 27 / 2012

Whenever I traveled to Accra this was a must-stop for me. Unfortunately they don't have a printed regular menu, so you have to ask for what is available from day to day. But the food is always amazing! The snack bar isn't always open, which is inconvenient when you just want to grab a quick bite. But when it is open, some of the treats are pretty good. They have a poster board where you can find fliers for health-conscious activities going on in the area. They also have a little shelf where you can buy vegan products such as soy chunks.

Pros: 100% vegan, delicious cuisine
Cons: easy to pass your first few visits, staff isn't the friendliest

H
H

Tasty!

Posted on 04 / 21 / 2012

I had heard about this place from my neighbors who said the food is really good and tastier than Asasse Pa in Accra. We made it there around 4pm or so and they didn't have any food left except for the appetizers/snacks they have throughout the day. So I ate a veggie burger patty and a soymeat kebab. Both were really tasty and good! If their main dishes are as good as their snacks, then this places rocks. I'll try to make it earlier so I can write a review on their main dishes.

Pros: Tasty snacks
Cons: Staff didn't speak English too well, Have to make it there mid-day for a meal

Dear Owner and Manager of Vegetarian Health Food Center: