Vegetarian Food Xayaphom Vi...

Clean, no-frills eatery was started in September 2007 by a vegetarian couple with former experience in vegetarian cooking. Food is mostly vegan, with some fruit shakes made with milk and baguettes with cheese. Stir frys and soups do not contain dairy or eggs. Manager speaks English. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Laotian, Buffet, Juice bar, Take-out
Thanon Latsavongseuk 236 (btwn Chaimeuang Rd & Sutthanu Rd)
Savannakhet, Laos
020-574-0968

Call for hours - tell us

• Cash only

First Review by vegan_simon
kiki sound
kiki sound

best place I've eaten in Laos

Posted on 12 / 03 / 2013

simple, but good food, very friendly staff, very clean.
ate there 3 or 4 days, very good meals every time
highlight was a green jackfruit curry, hot but so gooood!!

Pros: great food, great value, great people run the place
Cons: I don't live in Laos, too far from my place, I can't visit them every week
fire horse
fire horse

Clean and friendly

Posted on 04 / 08 / 2010

Food was limited at the lunch buffet with just 3 dishes - The tofu and veg dish was good, served with rice.
Basic but nice friendly Buddhist atmosphere and spotlessly clean.
The couple that own it don't really speak english but the young woman manager speaks it fluently.
I bought some vegan instant noodles at their shop - A godsend when backpacking in remote areas - most hotels will give you a bowl, spoon and some boiling water.

Pros: clean, friendly, good location
Cons: basic, unimaginative food
vegan_simon
vegan_simon

central location, great food

Posted on 03 / 04 / 2009

The friendly staff wrote down the name in English for me as "Xayaphom Village" but just look for the "vegetarian food" sign outside (I will send photos). According to my Lonely Planet guidebook map the address is [236] Ratsavongseuk Road (between Chaimeuang Rd & Sutthanu Rd). Ratsavongseuk is the main road in Savannakhet. The shop includes a bubble drink counter out front and a shelf of packaged vegetarian food near the back, and tables for dining in between. Very friendly & helpful staff, great food.

Dear Owner and Manager of Vegetarian Food Xayaphom Village: