CLOSED: Vegetarian Era

Adjacent to Eunos MRT and opposite VeganBurg. Offers all vegan food. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Nonya Fusion, Chinese
HDB Eunos Crescent, 7 Eunos Crescent
East Singapore, Singapore 400007
n/a
  • Cash only

First Review by devilry
devilry
devilry

Cheap, healthy, vegan Chinese hawker fare

Posted on 03 / 01 / 2013

The title says it all. When I ate here on a Friday evening, the business was rather quiet, seeing about 3 people in half an hour including me. That's a pity, because it deserves a greater following. When you factor in the taste, price and healthiness, this place is a solid 5/5.

I got the laksa, luo han zhai (braised mixed vegetables) and a plate of brown rice. There is nothing 'fake' about the laksa; the noodles are springy, the broth is fantastic, it's easily comparable to the famous katong laksa in Queensway and it does it all while being vegan.

The luo han zhai hardly falls behind. It is cooked on the spot, and comes piping hot. The cauliflower is cooked to the perfect crunchiness, and the black fungus really complements its texture. The vegetables are not too salty either.

The brown rice is soft, not oily at all, and has a light sweet fragrance.

All this totaled for just $6.60. If you made me do a blind taste test, I'd have expected to pay at least $12, so I'm definitely not complaining.

Pros: Cheap, Healthy, Tasty
  • fruktoed fruktoed

Nice and tasty. Brown rice serving. Bean "fish" my favourite one. Unfortunately no low fat option.

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Vegetarian Era: