Vegetarian Delight

Features changing menu written on a chalkboard. Some dishes are made with soy products. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, Caribbean, Organic, Juice bar

First Review by Krutolow
meisterman
meisterman

excellent, hearty food

4 Posted on 12 / 03 / 2012

I have scoured almost every place in Broward that offers anything vegetarian, and of course this place came up on my radar many years ago.

I love the food here. You will not be able to find the place on your 1st attempt - it IS that difficult to spot. But once you do, you will be happy.

Like the other reviewer noted, there is a little board written up with what is available, usually 4 or 5 different things. You pick 1, 2 3, etc things. They always have "chunks (curry, or ital, or other style)", which are TVP chunks, textured vegetable protein, soy-based.

The only bad dish I ever had here was some "mac n cheese" (Vegan, whole place is vegan) dish. It was late, like 7 pm, so it may have been sitting for a while, but everything else is always awesome.

Pros: all vegan
Cons: mac n cheese
Evolver
Evolver

Good Food

4 Posted on 12 / 25 / 2011

Although Veggie Delight's menu is mostly soy based. I really like that they are vegan. I don't have to worry about eggs or butter added to my food. I usually order their soups with some rice. They are always delicious and filling. The fresh juices are great too. Carrot juice, beet and carrot, fruit punch, sorrel, etc. Prices are reasonable. If you're not looking for Veggie delight, you will miss it. Very limited parking.

Pros: Reasonably priced, helpful staff, vegan friendly
Cons: limited parking, soy based
Krutolow
Krutolow

Vegetarian Delight worth a try

4 Posted on 02 / 11 / 2011

For pics and full review: Marty's Flying Vegan Review at:

I'm solo tonight so I have no one's culinary desires to satisfy but my own and no one to apologize to if the food misses the mark. I hop in the rental car and off I go to a place with no website and no reviews and no information called Vegetarian Delight and Juice Bar.

I barely see the sign and almost miss the turnoff. This place is definitely a hole in the wall. The sign isn't lit and looks like it was made in someone's backyard. I have no fear of gastric rumblings or upset and in I go.

This is what you get. A counter, some half filled display cases, 2 tables, 8 chairs and amazing food. Pictures of Marcus Garvey are on the wall and CDs of Rasta music are $2 in a case and $1 without. Welcome to Jamaica.

You never know, the first time you walk into a place that, shall we say, is a bit "non-standard" what the custom is. Do you sit down, wait for a menu, move the computer aside and sit at the unoccupied table, stand at the counter and wait? There's just no guidance regarding how to act, what to do and where to go. So I stand and the young man comes out and I point and ask about the combo meals and Veggie Delight. They're what they appear to be, 1, 2, 3 or 4 different dishes. I go for the gusto, well, really for you and less for me but after some non specific conversation I pretty much get the Veggie Delight with 4 dishes and tell the kid to choose for me. I end up with Brown Stew Chunk, Curry Chunk, Curry Veggie Shrimp and Ital Stew. My first question was, "Is everything here vegan?" to which the answer was, "Yes." I'm home free.

While I'm waiting I spy a patty. I figure two things. First, I'm starving. Second, well, I'm doing all this research for the public good and furtherance of veganism. I want it, need it, and get it.

It's a corn dough and soya filling. The dough is really dried out around the edges, I'm guessing from spending a day under the heat lamps but as I eat from the middle out it's still nice and moist and flakey. The filling is like a mash but then a bit of spicy pepper heat rises and combines with other rich flavors. It's delicious.

The crust had more of an orange color than the yellow in the picture. The filling looked just as dark.
My entree comes and it's packed to the top of the container. I lift it up to to bring it to the counter so I can ask which of the menu items I had and it must weigh like 3 pou...

Pros: Good food, NOT expensive
Cons: Dive-y, limited parking, only 8 seats

Dear Owner and Manager of Vegetarian Delight: