Name translate to Wellbeing Namsae Buffet. This is a place for vegans and vegetarians to try Korean food - for example, kimchi without squid sauce and veggie meat bulgogi. There are also some mock meat dishes that seem more like American-Chinese style. No English spoken. Directions: Exit Seomyeon subway station exit 11, bear left past the bank, walk for about one block, and it's on your left, directly across from a CU mini-mart, on the 2nd floor. The signage both on the street and on the restaurant's door are entirely in Korean. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Buffet, Korean, Asian

danielReich
danielReich

Extensive buffet

Posted on 11 / 16 / 2014

We went hungry and ate a lot. They had at least 20 dishes, several soups and salads. The food was really good. We especially enjoyed the potato noodles.

Pros: Variety, Location close to subway exit, Good value
veggieisland
veggieisland

Delicious and well worth the price!

Posted on 06 / 21 / 2014

The staff was SO attentive and so nice.

I get this frequently because we have a curly headed toddler that gets the attention of pretty much every Korean we encounter but everyone here was just the most welcoming and warm people.

The buffet was surprisingly big. We had several soup choices, rice choices, and a significant number of mock meat dishes. The Gimpab was delicious!!!

My daughter could not get enough of their glass noodle dish (neither could I).

They had tons of watermelon out which was perfect considering the heat outside!

I recommend checking this place out. All are Korean style dishes but some of the items had English translation of what they were.

Pros: on-site restroom, variety
mrswonderstuff
mrswonderstuff

Filling and delicous

Posted on 06 / 14 / 2013

Not cheap at 13,000 won for a dinner buffet but worth every penny. Loads of choice including soups, salads, mock meat dishes, vegetable dishes, kimchi, kimbap, tofu and more. We went at around 6-6.30pm and it was pretty busy but they were re-stocking all the food regularly. No English signs but follow the directions on this website and its on the 2nd floor – green sign.

Pros: Huge choice, High turnover of food

Benvolio_32
Benvolio_32
  • non-vegetarian

Centrally located, reasonably priced, solid fare

Posted on 03 / 19 / 2013

I was there for lunch around 2 p.m. Most items were still available. The range is somewhat smaller than at Kim Mee Ja Buffet. They are quite strong with soups and grain dishes (e.g. barley rice and millet porridge), whereas I was not too happy with their mock meat (bulgogi and meatballs respectively).
Price is 13000 KRW. There is some signage in English for the dishes, but most of the employees do only speak Korean.
Both for atmosphere and quality of food, I would prefer Kim Mee Ja, but if you are in the Seomyeon area, this is still a good option.

Pros: Good location, Good range of soups and grain dishes
Cons: Few English spoken, Atmosphere could be brighter, restricted opening hours
Eric_
Eric_

Deserves a price

Posted on 01 / 07 / 2013

One of the best vegetarian restaurants I've visited in Korea. Very tasty vegetarian versions of Korean food. Highly recommended.

Pros: Taste, Price, Choice
sirhin
sirhin

Vegetarian Haven!

Posted on 10 / 31 / 2012

I was taking some friends (75% of whom are strict vegetarians) on a tour around Korea and on our Busan stop, I added this place onto the itinerary. The look on my friends' faces was absolutely priceless and we just stuffed ourselves silly and licking our plates clean. This buffet is easy to find and reminiscent of my usual buffet place in Daejeon - there was a lot to choose from banchan to soups, salads to mock meats. Not the cheapest at 13,000 won per person (we went for dinner) but well worth it.

Pros: light and delicious food, good atmosphere, great food variety
everylife
everylife

Amazing Food

Posted on 07 / 26 / 2010

The food at this buffet was so good, my husband and I ate there twice.
Light, mostly macrobiotic buffet with amazing tea. Very filling, and very cheap compared to many Busan restaurants. Highly recommended.

Pros: Vegan Selection, Great Soup, Cheap
mmandania
mmandania

Best restaurant in Korea

Posted on 02 / 20 / 2010

Excellent place with friendly staff and nice decor. Food was outstanding with a great number of options for everything, ranging from soups to rice and even fruits. Luckily I stayed 10 minutes away from this place and visited it on a daily basis. I would have preferred more hot dishes but no matter, this restaurant has been my favourite way to experience Korean cuisine. Highly recommended.

Well worth the 12,000 won!!

Pros: Mock meats very tasty
Ged
Ged

godsend

Posted on 11 / 07 / 2009

And that's something coming from an atheist. Having moved here 3 months ago not knowing any korean, it's hard enough knowing what you can buy at the supermarket when you're vegan let alone ordering from a restaurant. As far as I can ascertain it is mostly vegan, but some things may have dairy products. There is a small shop attached which does a limited range, also not totally vegan, However the big sausage-like things are vegan, thankfully written in english on the packet - they are yummy in a sarnie. Great find, and lovely staff.

Pros: easy to find, friendly staff, inexpensive
Cons: not totally vegan, clinical interior decor
Guest
Guest

heaven?

Posted on 10 / 15 / 2009

Today I went to this Restaurant, which i found thanks to this site! thank you.

I must say I was amazing good food a lot to choose from. and if you are in Busan whether a vegetarian or not go there, you won't regret. The staff was unbelievable, they gave me a welcome feeling.

And yes, the tea was great!
I left this restaurant whit a big smile of happiness on my face!

Pros: fresh, healthy, very friendly staff
Cons: no english was spoken
TdotOdot
TdotOdot

my favourite meal in Korea

Posted on 10 / 11 / 2009

I'm writing this 5 months after my visit (tried to make up for it by posting pictures to help find the place) so I can't remember exactly what items I had. I will say that there was a great selection, the food was fresh, and the staff were really friendly. It was a really enjoyable experience all around.

Pros: selection, freshness, staff
westcornersville
westcornersville

Favorite Restaurant in Korea

Posted on 05 / 08 / 2008

I loved this place--a huge buffet with a great variety. I actually wrote down the items in the buffet that had English signs (there were a number of things that didn't, including some things I had no idea what they were--but usually loved anyway!): spaghetti with bean sauce, potato noodles, bean pulgogi, pyogo mushrooms with sweet & sour sauce, wheat-meat "eel", pumpkin pie (nothing like American pumpkin pie), black rice cake, pumpkin soup, lotus flower soup (more like a porridge), balloon flower, bean "chicken", litchis (though they were frozen), seaweed noodles, a couple kinds of rice plus unlabeled sushi, jimaca (I think), lots of salad items and of course lots of kimchi (and a few other dishes). Hungry and in Busan? Then I highly recommend this place. The price was 11000 won per person...and well worth it. The only slight negative--late-comers should be careful...they closed a bit early (around 8:30) one night when I went.

Pros: quite the FEAST!, good ambiance, good location
Cons: closes a bit too early
craigmc
craigmc

great fresh food

Posted on 08 / 05 / 2007

first of all, great directions!!!!
buffet, with a mixture of hot and cold dishes, salad and fruit. all very fresh!!!
mock meat and veg evenly split. fantastic presentation, and even though i have travelled extensively in asia, nice to find a selection if dishes i have never seen before. many traditional dishes here also.
food was very tasty, and always good to see the kitchen staff taking their turn at the buffet.
spotless also.

Pros: great selection, vert tasty, spotless
SeldonCrisis
SeldonCrisis

Wonderful

Posted on 03 / 07 / 2007

My homestay mother took me to this restaurant and I was astonished! Instead of eating meat/eggless bibimbap or cold noodles every place I went, I had a selection available. I was extremely apprehensive to try anything that didn't look like a vegetable but my family assured me that most of it was vegan. And the food was extremely delicious! I recommend the tea for dessert! I've never had a better tea.

Pros: buffet style, delicious food, decent pricing
Cons: a couple non-vegan items

Dear Owner and Manager of Vegetarian Buffet: