Varied menu including fresh juices, desserts, wine, and assorted entrees. Non-smoking. Lunch buffet Mon-Sat 12.30-16.00, a la carte dinner Fri-Sat 20.00-23.15. NOTE: There are two Jesus Santos Reins in Fuengirola, and this is not on the central one. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Spanish
C/. Santa Isabel, 8, Fuengirola (Avenida Jesus Santos Rein/Los Boliches)
Fuengirola, Spain
952-586031

Closed Sun & all month of July and August.

First Review by marysol
marjaag
marjaag

Exellent

5 Posted on 08 / 18 / 2012

Very good also for not vegetarians. Good food, beautiful place and friendly people!

El Gourmand
El Gourmand

• non-vegetarian

An Impressed Meat-Eater

5 Posted on 08 / 17 / 2012

As a dyed-in-the-wool "carnivore" I was initially reluctant when a vegetarian friend suggested I accompany her to Vegetalia. She promised to return the favour the next week at my favourite steakhouse in Marbella, so I concurred. I'm glad I did. First impressions are always important, and on entering Vegetalia I immediately felt at home: it had a cosy and welcoming ambience and the staff were genuinely friendly and helpful. The buffet (it was lunch-time) had an excellent choice of cold and hot dishes - at great value - and when we left I was so satisfied I didn't even notice I had missed my customary lunch serving of meat or fish. I was so impressed we returned (with two other friends - also non-vegetarians) the following week to check out the evening a la carte. Again, really impressive. I'll be back!

Pros: Great food, Pleasant atmosphere, Delicious desserts
xkillerx
xkillerx

a retrospective review

5 Posted on 04 / 30 / 2012

i've been here twice about three years ago but i hope they still work.

it was run by finnish people. they were very lovely and helpful. both the lunch buffet and the evening a la cart restaurant was just fantastic. I highly recommend this place.

Pros: food, staff, cozyness
gymm
gymm

Great for a buffet lunch or dinner

5 Posted on 04 / 07 / 2012

Had a lovely dinner here and super buffet lunch. Staff, ambiance and food are all excellent and you will enjoy whatever you select. Some really original courses and desserts and all clearly indicated on the a la carte menu their suitability for all veggie dietary types. It's always busy at lunch times. Remember it is closed in July / August and you will be disappointed to be only able to read the menu! Non veggies I know always ask to join us if they can so I know they really love the food too. This for me is a great endorsement. Spain isn't really a veggie country so make the most of this oasis. I have been to many vegetarian restaurants around the world and rate this as unmissable. It is what it is, no pretence and honest and enjoyable.

Updated from previous review on Tuesday April 15, 2008

Pros: buffet, Nice staff, choice
Liilamayii
Liilamayii

Great spot!

5 Posted on 02 / 25 / 2012

We went here twice during our stay near to Fuengirola, and were very happy to find it. We only went for lunch, and then they only have the buffet. The buffet was great, all you can eat for 8 euros. They had good variety of salads, and also several warm meals. Almost everything was vegan, except from one salad with cheese and some dressing with eggs (all the warm options were vegan). The place is children friendly as they can pick what they want, and they only charge 3 euros for them. Nice fresh juices, friendly owners speaking both Spanish and English. Now they are open also on mondays.

Pros: great food, nice atmosphere, cheap
Cons: a bit difficult to find

andreasholm
andreasholm

Lovely Buffet!

5 Posted on 01 / 26 / 2011

Very friendly and helpful staff! Nice atmosphere.
They have a good a la carte menu suitable for all dietary types.
Although their a la carte is good i prefer their buffet.
If you go make sure to try "La Copa Vegetalia", the dessert of the house.

Pros: Buffet, Staff, Atmosphere
marysol
marysol

Love it.

5 Posted on 09 / 01 / 2009

this restaurant is fantastic. We go there almost every Saturday after the open air market (just a short walk). The buffet lunch is great with a huge choice of salad type dishes and a hot dish, usually pisto and rice or cous cous and sometimes veggie burgers falafele or setain. There is a choice of fresh breads and sauces and dressings. All freshly prepared. Not all vegan. Sometimes there is cheese. The owner is very friendly and always greets you with a smile. At 7€ a head (excluding drinks) it's great value. We've never tried the a la carte menu only the lunch buffet.

Pros: great food, lots of choice, friendly welcome
Guest
Guest

And i'm not a veggie

5 Posted on 07 / 17 / 2007

Love the place, good atmosphere, wide range of choice from the menu for dinner. If you come to lunch, there's a good buffet (for a absolute low price).
Love to eat there. Especially go there for the desserts.

Pros: Friendly staff, huge choice, and i'm not a veggie
Cons: Can be busy during lunch, You have to wait then, But for that price

Dear Owner and Manager of Vegetalia: