A club restaurant offering Zagreb vegan cuisine, with a touch of macrobiotics, made from non GMO ingredients. The daily menu is vegan. Has moussakas, lasagnas, tortillas, pastas, salads, juice, coffee, tea, and desserts. Has raw and gluten-free items. No alcohol. Located 10-minute walk from Ban Jelacic square, follow the Vlaska street to the east. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Macrobiotic, Western, Croatian, Take-out, Delivery, Catering

Jameskille
Jameskille

friendly and reasonable priced

Posted on 04 / 04 / 2015

Very friendly service, approachable and welcoming. Food was tasty and reasonably priced

Ryecatcher
Ryecatcher

Vegehop booth (not restarurant)

Posted on 11 / 08 / 2014

I haven't been at the restaurant but at a booth they had at the -1 level of the Centar Cvjetni mall (Trg Petra Preradovića 6), just a few steps away form the café "Brunos's Vegan Concept". For not knowing whether this was a temporally or permanent booth I haven't it added here.
They provided several packed food, all of them tempting. I bought a vegan burger and ate it right away outside the mall. Huge and very good burger, excellent taste, excellent toppings. For its size rather inexpensive, I'd say.
Good choice to stop by and buy something to take away.

SebastiaanKoning
SebastiaanKoning

Excellent Vegan Meal

Posted on 11 / 07 / 2014

We were in Zagreb on a train trip through Europe and looking for an escape from fast food. Since I was a vegetarian and my two travel companions followed my diet during the trip we decided to go eat at a vegetarian restaurant. We found Vegehop on Happy Cow and decided to go eat there.

It was a slight challenge to find the place, but once we found it the place turned out to be very nice. The owner was very friendly and talkative. The menu card was mostly vegan, including the meal of the week/month we ordered for 62 Kuna (about 8 euros). You can also get soup with it for an extra 7 Kuna (1 euro).

The meal itself was excellent with a lot of variety, introducing us to a lot of different vegan foods. It was one of the best meals I have eaten in my life and everything was made fresh for us. Especially the vegetables had a lot of taste, in particular after eating so many GMO vegetables from McDonalds.

If you live in Zagreb or visit the place, I definitely recommend you to eat at Vegehop. Make sure to bring enough cash, since the place only accepts cash payments. Even if you are not a vegetarian or vegan, you will enjoy the food and it gives you an insight on how good meals without meat can be.

Pros: Excellent meal, Good value, Friendly staff
Cons: Only accepts cash payments

vegan_ryan
vegan_ryan

Mediocre sandwiches

Posted on 08 / 10 / 2014

We got some sandwiches for take-away recently, and we weren't very impressed. They were decent and inexpensive, but neither of us finished the sandwiches. We tried the falafel burger and the tofu burger. I'd go somewhere else, unless this is the only thing available.

Pros: No meat
Bee_
Bee_

Best of Zagreb's offer

Posted on 05 / 19 / 2014

I visited and ordered from Vegehop a lot during this and last year. Their daily menus are always vegan and delicious.
Food is organic which is definitely a plus. Love their soups! Maybe too much use of seitan and tofu for my taste, though.

They have two restaurants in Zagreb, the one in city center is quite small, the other one is a bit out of hand but larger, I prefer the atmosphere and decor of the latter. There is also a small food stand in city center, you can always have a falafel, seitan burger, some pasta etc., and desserts there.

Some of their desserts are out of this world delicious :-) You have to try Danube waves or baklava. Both are vegan, and they serve a lot of vegan desserts, even raw ones.

Pros: Organic food, mostly vegan, Friendly staff
Cons: A bit too much soy meals for my taste, A bit expensive, Closes early
veggieriga
veggieriga

Excellent food

Posted on 12 / 01 / 2013

I only had time to eat here once, and I had the set lunch on a Monday when it is 20% off. But unless I had reminded them that it was 20% off, they might not have volunteered that info. The set lunch is more expensive than the a la carte menu, but I decided to get it as it allowed me to try a variety of items. The set menu was a generous amount of food, and I had the leftovers for dinner. They also have a food cart in the downtown area in the the basement of the mall that has an H&M in Petra Preradovica square. I got a dessert one day from there and since it was a Saturday, after a certain time, I got a 20% discount on their cake, and they volunteered that information willingly. They also have fliers with a coupon for a 10% discount as well as a map on how to get to the Vegehop restaurant. The food cart also has some hot food, in addition to cakes.

Pros: food cart in mall in the center
Cons: not open on Sunday
TiagoOliveira
TiagoOliveira

Probably the best vegan desserts in Zagreb

Posted on 11 / 30 / 2013

Even if i only went to two vegan restaurants during my short stay in Zagreb, this was definitely the best one.

The food seemed really organic and i've eaten one of the best vegan desserts ever.

If you're in Zagreb and you are desperate for some kind of vegan treat, don't miss it!

Pros: Amazing vegan desserts, The food seems really organic
Cons: Closes early
rhelune
rhelune

Delicious vegan cakes

Posted on 09 / 28 / 2013

This is the restaurant in Zagreb I frequent the most, often for their delicious vegan cakes only. I like their black sesame pie and Danube waves the best (also their carob torte is awesome, but they don't seem to offer it any more). Their daily menu, which is vegan, is good value and balanced: it contains pulses or seitan, cereals or potatoes, vegetables including greens, a salad with sprouts or seaweeds, and sometimes nuts or seeds. There's also a soup, but if I order the daily menu with the soup, there's no room for the cake. Not all cakes are available every day, so check their website.

Discounts:
Every Monday 20% off the daily menu.
Every Saturday 4:30pm-8pm 20% off the cakes.

Pros: delicious cakes, tasty balanced daily meal, friendly staff
mmcgauran
mmcgauran

Cosy vegan/vegetarian restaurant

Posted on 09 / 17 / 2013

A small restaurant in Zagreb with only 5 or 6 tables. Serves vegan and vegetarian food (they have asterisks next to the menu items which are not suitable for vegans). Very tasty food. Desserts are small and seem to be overpriced (although there were not many vegan desserts, so maybe the vegetarian desserts were a better price). When I asked to see the dessert menu I was told to just look in the cabinet as all the menus were currently with people (i.e. 2 other people!). There were more options on the menu then in the cabinet so I would suggest waiting for a menu to choose your dessert! Cosy restaurant with good food and quite good value for money.

Pros: Friendly staff, Tasty food
Cons: Small area for eating, Desserts slightly expensive
Smaik
Smaik

Amazing

Posted on 08 / 30 / 2013

I ate 2 main dishes, a salad, and smoked tofu... and 3 cakes, which were too big for me at the end but also I never found a tiramisu as good as this one in my life, so I had to eat it all ^_^! I forgot how many pictures I tooled, the fold looked just too good to be true! It was just amazing and there are a lot of things to try. at the end I paid around 25 euro... and ate for like 3 people. so its very cheap.

but as good as the food, the resturant looked a little cold to me (only tables and a few decorations)!

go there for the food and male sure you have enough space in your stomache :-)

Pros: Amazing desserts/dishes, Lots of vegan food, Very cheap
Cons: Resturant looked a little cold to me
kwanza
kwanza

Good range of vegan and raw food

Posted on 09 / 12 / 2012

Veghop has a large menu full of interesting vegan and raw food options. I had the daily menu, which consisted of a seitan/mushroom pastry, rice with hazelnut sauce, stewed beans, swiss chard and potatoes, and a mixed salad. The food was very well presented and interesting, albeit a little bland (although extra seasoning was available). I was expecting to receive slightly more food for the 62 kuna I paid, but it was enough for a reasonably filling lunch.

The restaurant is quite smart and the waitress is very helpful. They also have some interesting looking desserts and also burgers to take away (very useful for long bus journeys).

Overall, a good option.

Pros: extensive menu, friendly staff, interesting dishes
Cons: slightly bland
Laui
Laui

A good place

Posted on 07 / 28 / 2012

The staff is so friendly and really make you feel welcome and comfortable. The restaurant is cozy and the dishes are homemade. The prices are really affordable. The place is very recommendable.

MasonLegrange
MasonLegrange

Great!

Posted on 07 / 01 / 2012

Small chill out restaurant, friendly and helpfull staff, creative tasty and healthy food, I went there 3 times and never got disappointed

They have very original daily menus, a gluten free menu, a raw food menu,

And their waitress is a gem, she's vibrant, arranging and smiles all the time
Updated from previous review on Friday June 22, 2012

Pros: Vegan, Gluten free , Service
proper or pompous?
proper or pompous?

...

Posted on 05 / 13 / 2012

i had a fine meal at vegehop, and the dessert was tasty too. the two non-vegans (from zagreb) that i brought with me liked it as well. they even decided to make it a weekly lunch spot. they thought the prices were reasonable for the city. so, there you go.

Pros: good food, nice staff
Cons: location
jon active
jon active

excellent cakes!

Posted on 04 / 08 / 2012

This place is lovely. Its small and a little out of the centre but well worth the effort. All vegan except for couple of the cream cakes. It was considered expensive by our local anarcho vegan folk but for us Londoners it was reasonably priced and a great find.

Pros: healthy, friendly service, super cakes
Cons: closes early
myark47
myark47

What a Gem!

Posted on 06 / 20 / 2011

First time visiting Croatia. This great little restaurant is located in an alley, but is easy to find with any smart phone. The server spoke fluent English and was incredibly friendly and helpful. On top of that, the food was DELICIOUS and very affordable! We got 2 take away meals since we were going on a road trip. We'll definitely go back next time we're in Zagreb.

Pros: Affordable, English-Speaking, Delicious
jollypig
jollypig

Yum!

Posted on 12 / 18 / 2010

Visited on 18 Dec 2010. Between us we had the daily menu and the veggie burger and soup. The service was friendly and the waitresses spoke excellent English. They also had menus in English. The food was all tasty and reasonably priced. Good to see a vegetarian restaurant in Zagreb and even better to see it busy.

Pros: Great food, Great service, Reasonably priced
sarahsvati
sarahsvati

Delicious, more upscale vegan food

Posted on 10 / 02 / 2009

I peeked into Nova, and while the food looked great, I couldn't afford spending about $25 for a meal.

So I ate at Vegehop instead, and was glad I did. I ordered the vegan plate, which was filling and delicious and presented well. The real star was the plum cake with whipped "cream" topping. It was simply fabulous.

I recommend Vegehop. It was a really nice change of pace from all the "homey" veggie restaurants I had been eating at. The food felt a little more thoughtful and upscale, but still quite affordable.

The only downside was that the menu was not in English, so the staff had to translate it for me. I didn't find this to be a problem though, as I'm not picky as long as the food is vegan!

Pros: Many vegan options, Good price, Great, artful food
Cons: Menu not in English
Laura Grainger
Laura Grainger

Yumminess for Vegans !!

Posted on 09 / 05 / 2009

Vegehop is a little restaurant down an alley off a main street. It was great! It's really affordable, and the staff were really friendly. Unfortunately I arrived there just before 6:40pm, and it turns out they close at 7pm not 8pm (as it says on their website). But that was alright! I still had some yummy dinner and a dessert ....vegan lasagne-like thing for 15 kuna, then vegan baklava for 15 kuna and I was a happy chappy!! They also serve barley-coffees, and there is such a large range of vegan options. I got some food takeaway and was shocked at the amount of plastic I was given - plastic cutlery and polystyrene and plastic bag and everything. But it really was a great little place. I would definitely come back here!!

Pros: affordable, nice staff, excellent food
Cons: plastic packaging, early close
NovemberBlut
NovemberBlut

Small place for big humans

Posted on 05 / 07 / 2009

Beside all that is said in a review before, Vegehop is great place to have nice healthy and moral meal in nice ssurrounding where no one will look at you as you are a freak but they will give you very kind service, very tasty food, different things on menu tht's changing daily and surprises you every day with new imaginative combinations of food we all enjoy in. so, irf you nd up in croatia by any chance, warm rcommendation for this lovely place.

Pros: hospitality, close to center, great daily menus
Cons: needs a bit more different food on menu
demonika
demonika

vegehop

Posted on 03 / 07 / 2009

in vegehop,small eating place, you can order super tofu-burger, seitan- burger or vege-burger. i recommend tofuburger, their sandwiches are made in yammi baked buns with delicious sauce they make in their kitchen, big and tasty for 18kn/2.50euro. all in all this is a good place to eat for all people, not reserved just for people with big money. menu goes upto 7euros - soup and desert included. they have 2 daily menu; vegan and vegetarian, and serving dinner menu. staff is really nice, especially the owner who has done 10 promotional videos for tv about not eating animals and talking with the croatian celebrities which are vegeterians or vegans. its a nice effort. site is in croatian,so i bring you todays menu: Miso soup, bulgur and quinoa with peanuts, vege balls with smoked tofu, tomato ragu with green beans and soya proteins,owen baked potato and kale with soya cream, mixed salade (cabbage,celery,lettuce, red chicory). 50kuna = 7euros

Pros: good value, big portion, nice staff
Cons: needs colors on the walls

Dear Owner and Manager of Vegehop: