Vegegården is reported all vegan as of Aug 2010. Lunch time buffet is a good value. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Chinese, Asian, Buffet, Take-out
Stora Nygatan 18, Rorsjog 23, Skane
Malmo, Sweden 21137
040-6113888

Open Tue-Wed 11:00-15:00, Thur-Fri 11:00-21:00, Sat-Sun 13:00-21:00.

First Review by erinmack
thomuk2006
thomuk2006

AMAZING!

5 Posted on 03 / 31 / 2014

Best veggie place I have ever been too! AMAZING! I will be going back!

Pros: Great choice, Great price, Great taste
Cons: no beer or wine on sale
vegankiwis
vegankiwis

Great stuff!

5 Posted on 06 / 13 / 2013

Vegegarden is wonderful! 100% vegan and delicious. Both ordering off the menu and the buffet are great. The lunch buffet is super cheap and tasty (only 79kr per person), and it's a great way to try a whole lot of dishes.

The Red Curry is a must-try! It's definitely one of the best we've had in a long time.

Always friendly service, calm atmosphere and tasty food.

Pros: 100% vegan, delicious authentic food, friendly staff
bencamps
bencamps

Now Closed Mondays!

4 Posted on 03 / 25 / 2013

I visited Vegegarden last Monday (18th March 2013) and was looking forward to it having read some of the reviews on Happy Cow. Unfortunately the restaurant is no longer open on Mondays so I took a picture of the current opening times and have uploaded them so no one makes the same mistake! Next time I'm in Malmo/Copenhagen I'll make a point of going back. My cows rating is based on how the place looked...

OlleBengtsson
OlleBengtsson
  • non-vegetarian

First time vegan

5 Posted on 03 / 03 / 2013

Me and my girlfriend were on our way to a hamburgerplace, passed Vegegarden and decided to check it out.

I'm not a vegan (I grew up on a farm and love to eat my friends/dead animals in general) so I didn't expect much. But wow. The food was great, really amazing. I was sick for 3 days afterwards, but that was from eating way too much, not the quality. "Fake duck" etc seems a bit silly, but it's really tasty.

Also, the staff was really friendly and helpful.

I won't stop eating meat after this, but I'll come back here for sure.

MilliLinnea
MilliLinnea

Delicious food

5 Posted on 02 / 18 / 2013

This restaurant serves delicious Chinese/Asian-style food, which is absolutely delicious. The owner/s seem/s to be passionate about veganism, which, of course, is wonderful. I usually don't like to eat at restaurants, because I don't feel comfortable the food will be handled properly, but I do trust this place. When I was there, there was also a little shop where you could buy soy products, some of them made at the restaurant.

Pros: Excellent Food, Friendly staff, Nice vibe

JonTurner2000
JonTurner2000

Highlight in Malmo - A String To Its Bow

4 Posted on 11 / 11 / 2012

We went here for lunch 2 days ago. There were about half a dozen main dish choices - 2 mock meat dishes, a tofu dish, a veg massaman and a red curry and a few veg stir fry items. Along with rice, a noodle dish and some battered items and spring rolls this made for a good selection. Dishes were well cooked, though much as you'd expect if you eat these types of dish elsewhere. There were also a good number of salad and fruit items. Staff were very friendly and the restaurant was a good size so easy to get a table. Very clean - the decor was much like many chinese restaurants. The buffet was great value for money overall. Very pleased we walked 10 minutes from the main square to go here.

Pros: Value, Mock meat and tofu, Clean
Aria loves animals
Aria loves animals

Best vegan food!

5 Posted on 10 / 05 / 2012

My mom and i went to Vegegården a few hours ago.
Our 1st impression was how cute the place was and how
nice the employees are.

The buffet looks just like any normal buffet, and i must say i was extremely shocked of how yummy the food was.
All of the vegan meats, actually tasted like real meat.

I have not eaten anything like this before. The deep fried shrimp tastes incredible, and with the sweet and sour sauce...I was in heaven.=)

I truly recommend vegans and non vegans to eat there. It's really cheap and they make awesome food.

While i was eating i was praying that i wouldn't get full, because i wanted to eat everything in there.

It's also an eat all you can buffet, so you can eat all day if you like... And you can buy some of their vegan meats ( i suggest you do!)

Another thing i liked was that i actually felt full afterwards, and there was no consequences afterwards.
( My stomach usually hurts after eating gourmet like foods,because of the fats).

try the deep fried shrimp with the sweet and sour sauce ( check out what i got from the buffet in the picture above).

// Aria

Pros: all vegan, fills you up, Super yummy
Django
Django

Best veg restaurant in the Copenhagen/Malmo area

5 Posted on 02 / 13 / 2012

I have lived in Copenhagen for nearly 20 years, and Vegegarden is worth the trip to Malmo. Delicious, healthy food, all you can eat and a great value for money. Light and comfortable surroundings, friendly and efficient service. This is vegetarian heaven, and I have not dined better anywhere in Scandinavia. My meat-eating friends love this place too!

Pros: Delicious food, All you can eat, Good value
Winterdragon
Winterdragon
  • herbivore

Awesome restaurant in central Malmö

5 Posted on 01 / 25 / 2012

A very nice vegan chinese restaurant with a cozy atmosphere. Vegan deep-fried shrimps, or vegan shark-fin soup, anyone? Try the buffet! All the food you can eat, fried while you're waiting, and so many things to choose from. The only minus I can think of is that they don't always serve the buffet. They also sell their own textured soy protein at very reasonable prices, so seize the opportunity to stock up!

Pros: Big portions, Tasty food, Good service
Anitaxx
Anitaxx

Awesome!

5 Posted on 12 / 18 / 2011

This is the place to go if you like fake meat! Amazing buffet!

Pros: excellent food, good value
Aya
Aya

It was good

5 Posted on 12 / 09 / 2011

My friends and I have eaten here twice (came from Copenhagen, it was a short vegan trip to Malmø) and both times we were very satisfied with the food. The selection at the buffet was big. The worst thing is that we have no limits when we are in such places, so we've eaten too much. :-D

Pros: Yummy food
braddersfromtheblock
braddersfromtheblock

Amazing - so much choice

4 Posted on 10 / 30 / 2011

We had the afternoon buffet which was 118 SKK. Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the buffet trolley. There was so much choice and all of it vegan!!! Braised gluten, faux meats including chicken and beef, tofu and veg, different sauces from hot n' sour to peanut sauce, Katsu-style curry, miso sauce, chow mien noodles... Amazing! They even have a buffet where you can choose different noodles, veg and tofu and they will fry it for you fresh with your own choice from 6 sauces. Very close to the modern art museum & promenade. Sweden is not all that vegan friendly so this place is definitely worth a look especially if you want to have a lot of choice about what to eat. Very relaxed atmosphere And I found the wait staff friendly, not that you need much waiting on for a buffet...

Pros: Choice , Good value, The fresh stir-fry buffet
RebeckaDrevelius
RebeckaDrevelius

The peanut sauce is to die for! =)

3 Posted on 07 / 25 / 2011

I wish they still posted what is on the daily buffet, because some things is better than others...

Pros: excellent peanut sauce
Cons: not the friendliest staff
swedenrose3
swedenrose3

great food

4 Posted on 07 / 24 / 2011

We found this place when we moved down to Malmö for a year. If you had told me that I would find great vegan Chinese food in Sweden, I wouldn't have believed it for a second. But great vegan Chinese is exactly what Vegegården serves. When we first saw the menu we were a little turned off by menu selections like "vegetarian shark fin soup", but we took the chance and weren't disappointed with the food. They also sell a selection of their own vegetarian proteins for you to rehydrate and cook at home. I can't wait to go back to Malmö for a visit and eat there again!

Pros: buffet lunch, good value, walking distance to Malmö station
joshious
joshious

Best restauraunt in Malmö!

5 Posted on 01 / 19 / 2010

This is definitely the best restauraunt in Malmö, and some of the best food Ive had anywhere in Sweden!
I dont know about most of you, but for myself and almost all of my non-Swedish friends (and the Swedish ones that have lived abroad), Swedish food (and I dont mean Swedish cuisine, I mean the food in Sweden) is exceptionally mediocre and boring! Vegegarden however, has an incredibly yummy all vegetarian buffet, a buffet that satisfies and entices even my meat-eating friends as well. Literally its the only place I get excited about going to eat in all of Malmö! The only other restaurant I like in Sweden is Govinda's in Lund (also a vegetarian restaurant in fact).
Not only is the food at Vegegarden delicious, but the price is very reasonable (67 SEK), and the staff are always pleasant and friendly and very helpful.
If you eat at one place in Malmö, Vegegarden should be it!
---
Und auf Deutsch:
Vegegarden ist definitiv das beste Restaurant in Malmo und ein von den besten Restauranten überhaupt in Schweden!

Vielleicht die meisten von euch weiss was ich meine, aber für mich und fast alle meine nicht-schwedischen Freunde (und Schweden die ausserhalb Schweden gelebt haben), ist Schwedisch Essen (schwedische Küche meine ich nicht, sondern das Essen in Schweden) aussergewohnlich mittelmäaig und langweilig! Vegegarden hat aber einen unglaublichen leckeren ganz vegetarischen Buffet, ein Buffet, dass erfüllt und lockt sogar meine Fleisch fressenden Freunde. Ehrlich gesagt ist Vegegarden das einziges Restauraunt in Malmo worauf ich mich freuen! Das einziges anderes Restaurant ich in Schweden mag ist Govinda's in Lund (auch ein vegetarisches Restaurant).

Wie gesagt, das Essen bei Vegegarden ist sehr lecker, jedoch ist der Preis wirklich günstig auch (67 SEK) und die Mitarbeiter sind immer nett und freundlich und sehr hilfsbereit.

Wenn Sie an einer Stelle in Malmo zu essen gehen, sollte es Vegegarden sein!

Pros: Delicious, Lunch Buffet, Great value
VSE
VSE

Amazing place!

5 Posted on 10 / 31 / 2009

Vegegården is an amazing asian vegetarian restaurant. The staff are very friendly and most options on the menu are vegan. The place is really nice too! The food is delicious and they have all kinds of meat-lookalike, like shrimps, beef and chicken.

Prices are average. Last time I was there I went with a friend and we paid 125 SEK each and then we got a starter and then four meals with rice to share and a desert after. We got so much food we coudn't eat it all up!

Pros: Great food, Friendly staff, Good atmosphere
Bettina
Bettina

The best veg buffet!

5 Posted on 09 / 25 / 2009

I would never go near a chinese restaurant, but this place is truly amazing.
I would never go near a chinese restaurant, but this place is just fantastic. Vegan shrimps, vegan chicken, vegan beef, vegan duck, even vegan shark fin soup! A vegan heaven! Absolutely amazing veg buffet, I could just live off this buffet for the rest of my life. Great corn soup, and my friend (not vegetarian) was delighted, said the veg shark fin soup was the best shark fin soup he ever had in his life. The beetroot salad, the cous cous and the hommus are truly tasty. Reasonable prices. Not a long walk from Malmö station. I live in Copenhagen and that's almost 45 min by train and a 20 euro train ticket to go there, but it's well worth the traveling.

Pros: healthy tasty food, reasonable prices, nice staff
Cons: no alcohol
Rosalita
Rosalita

I love this place.

5 Posted on 08 / 08 / 2009

The food is on the heavy side, but I think it's delicious, also the staff is super friendly and they have alot of different choices on the menu.
The desserts are lovely as well.

Pros: cheap, good food
ampallang
ampallang

variety and choice

4 Posted on 06 / 06 / 2009

i went here for the lunch buffet, it costs 69kr

Mostly all vegan, only 2 yoghurt sauces that were not vegan.

A salad bar with some interesting choices, quiona salad, corn, lettuce salad.

Hor meals were 3 differennt curries, peanut sauce with soay beef, fish curry, fried vegeies an some spring rolls, soa fritters and apple fritters.

Choices of white or brown rice.

a little heavy on the tummy,but really lovely. My mother an aunty also enjoyed the food.

Not the best ive ever ha, but the best around sweden and denmark.

Pros: mostly vegan, good range, cheap
Cons: gulten heavy
piffelina
piffelina

go for dinner instead of lunch!

4 Posted on 01 / 11 / 2009

their buffe consists of different kinds of dishes with mock meat, (chicken, shrim, beef and shark?).

their buffe is alright, but my boyfriend and i prefer their inexpensive dinner menu. a meal is around 70 SEK.

my non-vegan boyfriend always gets the schnitzel, which he loves - not sure if the garlic butter is vegan though? ask! (almost everything is vegan)

personally i love all the chicken substitues, esp. the chicken spits with peanutsauce, mmmm!

in case you have room for it, get your vegan banana split or fried bananas / pineapple with vanilla ice (just say that you want the "tofuline" kind, it's the name of the vegan ice cream). a perfect way to finish of your meal!

Pros: great food, inexpensive, vegan deserts
erinmack
erinmack

NOM NOM NOM

4 Posted on 04 / 30 / 2008

"Mums" (Swedish for "yum-yum!") is the word! Sometimes a girl's just gotta have her gluten analogs - and why not finish it off with some soy ice cream and fried bananas for dessert?

Dear Owner and Manager of Vegegarden: