Vegebowl

Asian vegetarian cuisine with dishes from Thailand, China, Malaysia. Chef is experienced in vegetarian cooking. All dishes can be made vegan and GMO-free upon request. Uses no eggs. Located in the 9th arrondissement, near metro Grands Boulevards (line 8, 9) and metro Cadet (7). Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese
3 rue de la Boule Rouge
Paris, France 75009

Open Mon-Fri lunch and dinner, Sat-Sun dinner.

First Review by lark
beemaboy
beemaboy

Impressive

5 Posted on 05 / 22 / 2014

In a city where it is difficult to find even one vegetarian dish on a menu of a regular Chinese restaurant, and given this place was so busy, it's a wonder why there aren't more if these places here.

I tried the assortment starter which have me a small selection of a few items on the starter menu. The small "steak" was the best part of this. The dumplings weren't so tasty. For main I had the spicy "chicken" which came on a hot sizzling plate with sticky rice. This was delicious and I would definitely order again.

The service was very good and for me the experience was so much better than this restaurants competitor Tien Huang. It has more of a restaurant feel to it and you don't feel pressured to finish and leave. Also the menu and price is similar.

This place is small so make sure you book in advance as it was full throughout my time there(from 8pm on a Tuesday)

Pros: Good selection of mock meats, Great Service
Cons: Some more "Prawn" Starters Needed, Small, Need to book in advance
maryveganclimber
maryveganclimber

I was craving vegan chinese food!

4 Posted on 03 / 31 / 2014

Great place for Chinese/Asian food! Very vegan friendly... they label everything. Service is fabulous. The portions were a bit small and it's too bad they didn't have an amazing vegan dessert option. They should have vegan ice cream with their deep fried bananas. :D

Pros: great service, clearly labelled vegan
Cons: small portions
Mbt
Mbt

A quick and decent dinner

3 Posted on 02 / 15 / 2014

The restaurant serves a decent meal, but it's not very special. For about 12 euro you have a starter and a main course. The menu gives you a lot to choose from. Probably the quality of the food would be better if they focus on a limited number of dishes.

Starspice
Starspice

Wide range for vegans, and very yummy!

4 Posted on 10 / 29 / 2013

I recommend this restaurant - lots to choose from and a delicious menu.

Pros: Menu, Taste, Decor
Cons: Not a big range of vegan desserts
Odda
Odda

A nice surprise!

4 Posted on 10 / 13 / 2013

Coming from Norway we are not that spoiled with vegan resturants. This place had a friendly staff, a big menu and alomst everything were vegan. The dishes containn milk or gluten were clearly labeled. Small, but nice restaurant with reasonable prices. We were very satisified with the dishes we had. We will definitely come back next time we are visting Paris!

Pros: Nice price, A big menu and good food, Friendly staff

JenniferLoveParis
JenniferLoveParis

Asian veggie comfort food!

5 Posted on 10 / 07 / 2013

They were very kind, saw my missed call (I was there 45 minutes too early; hungry) and called me back just as I was considering going home to cook (when not at all in the mood to do so...). Very warm welcoming by friendly staff and kindred spirits. I did take-out and had the house soup, it was sweet and comforting, with veggies, tofu and cilantro. I love cilantro! I had the mix of warm fried stuff starter, and the Peking seitan 'duck'. It was good. I don't usually eat mock meat or much cooked food, but some days that hits the spot. This hit the spot! This place is perfect when you want some Asian comfort food. I sometimes miss my lovely Thai spot on Sunset Boulevard, TOI Rockin' Thai Food, where I used to eat late or do take-out during my pescatarian student days (pineapple shrimp curry & sauteed spinach were my favorites). When I feel nostalgic, I will come here instead ;) Gluten and dairy are clearly indicated on the menu. Where dairy is not indicated (with a stop sign red dot, I like that!) the dish is vegan.

Pros: Large menu selection, Central location, Kindred spirits
Sarayna
Sarayna

Great place

4 Posted on 07 / 16 / 2013

Amazing to have such a huge menu to choose from.
Look forward to going back to work my way through!
Lots of fake meats, so I could try dishes that are usually not possible e.g. mince pork dumplings, chicken curry.

Pros: Choice, Breezy atmosphere, Friendly staff
wushu
wushu

Not impressed

2 Posted on 07 / 06 / 2013

After reading all those 5 stars in here I was really expecting something fantastic.

This is an alright place if you are in the area but I wouldnt cross Paris for it.

Basic food is served. None of the products are organics except a beer on their menu.

Their menu doesnt tell you what you are getting. All I could read was "fish", "chicken", "pork", "prawns" etc...

It made it hard for me to know what to chose and what I was getting for it.

IMO if they wanna work with vegan/vegetarian customers, they should use the vocabulary accordingly.

The dishes were alright. But I didnt like the dessert, I ordered caramelized banana, the banana was tasteless cold and wet. I couldnt eat it.

The other desserts didnt look that appealing to me, I had choices between a can of litchis, some Chinese nougats that I can find everywhere (doubt it is home made) and some non vegan ice cream...

I've been to many vegan/vegetarians places over Europe and this place is not worth 5 stars in comparison.

Pros: price
Cons: Menu card hard to understand
Kyttiara
Kyttiara

Absolutely stunning :)

5 Posted on 06 / 15 / 2013

Amazing asian food. Glutenfree and 100% vegan available (it is said on the menu)
We had a spring roll
"chicken" caramel
vegetable ragout
vermicelles with vegetables
beignets de champignons
raviolis vapeur
Everything was delicious and the price was really fairefor something in Paris
Their "meats" and "seafoods" are really well textured :)
To be recommanded!!!

Pros: delicious food, veg, vegan, glutenfree, faire prices, friendly staff
DanielAmaral
DanielAmaral

Really good

5 Posted on 05 / 17 / 2013

I loved this place. Vegan and tasty as it can be. The menu is huge and makes you wann try everything in it.

I had some spring rolls that were very tasty and a curry dish that was awesome. My girlfriend ordered the vegebowl and it was really good too. I also ordered a coconut juice that looked kind of weird, but was very nice and fresh.
For desert we ordered some caramelized bananas that were not very sweet, what worked very well for me. Would definately come back.

Shohreh
Shohreh

• non-vegetarian

Chinese food with soy-based mock meat

4 Posted on 04 / 02 / 2013

I liked that Chinese place that servers mock meat made of soy.

Apparently, the cook used to work at Tien Hiang rue Bichat in the 10th that servers similar food.

veganjenny
veganjenny

Best value veggie food in Paris!

5 Posted on 03 / 05 / 2013

My partner and I made the trek from Montparnasse to check out this restaurant while on holiday. It was well worth the journey! I've been to Paris before and found it exhausting and expensive finding anything I could eat, and was usually rewarded with rather uncreative and bland tasting food. However, Vegebowl was delicious and creative, with a rather extensive menu and great staff. And for Paris, the prices can't be beat.

I ordered the papaya salad and 'Riz de Thailandaise' (Thai Rice with tomato, pineapple, soy chicken, and veggies). The salad was not as spicy as I usually like it but was full of flavor and beautifully presented. The Thai rice was also delicious with the right amount of sweet and salty. My partner ordered the 3 course lunch menu for 12 euro and got the rems, sweet and sour soy pork with rice, and for dessert a fried banana. I'd never heard of rems before but they were delicious spring rolls with a crispy bubbly outside and were filled with soy meat and veg. My partner really loved his sweet and sour pork and we shared the fried banana.

The menu is very large with tons of options. Everything is clearly marked as either vegetarian or vegan, and also as gluten-free. The staff were lovely - we arrived a bit early and the place was empty and the chef was out having a smoke. He let us in and took our order, trying out his few English words while we tried a few French ones. A short while later the waitress arrived and brought out our food and her English was great. We were also really happy to see the place filled up before we left to catch our flight.

Overall, best experience in Paris!

Pros: Extensive and delicious menu, Clearly marked vegan and gluten-free, Lovely staff
Cons: None!
LucieLU
LucieLU

surprise in paris

4 Posted on 02 / 23 / 2013

authentique delicious vegetarian food , nice interior decoration , good location

labuxraimuk
labuxraimuk

Very friendly staff, delicious food and atmosphere

5 Posted on 01 / 18 / 2013

Very very good vegetarian restaurant in Paris. Highly recommend. Staff was friendly and helpful, food delicious, good lunch and diner menu, reasonable price, convenient place (close to city center)although not very easy to find without smart phone ;) (Tip for those who travel with map: next to Rue Richer and Rue FG Montmartre)

acvarel
acvarel

Nice Arian food

5 Posted on 01 / 07 / 2013

Very nice asian restaurant with good food at reasonable proces (for the area). I tried several times and everything was very well prepared.
The staff is very sweet and helpful.

Yummy U
Yummy U

• fruititarian

90% Vegan and many gluten free dishes

5 Posted on 12 / 28 / 2012

I have been here 7 times. I love this restaurant. It's clean, friendly, delicious and inexpensive. I love the tofu frit and the steamed rice rapped by lotus leaves. They open everyday (close Sunday and Saturday lunch but open in the evening).

lark
lark

Wonderful lunch

5 Posted on 12 / 12 / 2012

Spotlessly clean, even the bathroom. Nice personable wait staff. Large menu. I ordered the Potage Tom Yam (soup) 4 euros, the Canard "Duck" Laque a la sauce brune 6.5 euros adn the Riz Gluant (sticky rice) 3 euros. All were very tasty. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Pros: excellent food, good value, spotlessly clean, even the bathroom

Dear Owner and Manager of Vegebowl: