Vegan and organic ramen noodle restaurant located outside of Osaka, a 15-minute walk from Kuzuha station. Also offers curry, taco rice, soba, veggie sushi, inarizushi, and anmitsu (dessert). Open since Dec 2011. Address in Japanese: 〒573-1112 大阪府枚方市楠葉美咲3-12-6美咲ハイツ1階. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Japanese, Beer/Wine

Mon-Wed 11:30am-3:00pm, 5:30pm-9:00pm, Fri-Sun 11:30am-3:00pm, 5:30pm-9:00pm

First Review by Vegeiko
chocoholicPhilosophe
chocoholicPhilosophe

Decent, but not great, ramen

Posted on 03 / 19 / 2015

I came here with my brother (Necius, below). I used to love ramen as an omni living in Japan, so I'm afraid I may have had rather high hopes for this place, and we made quite a trip (over an hour by bike) to get there.

Maybe I should have been more adventurous, but I was craving good traditional ramen, and so ordered the Shoyu ramen, which, while certainly edible and pleasant, lacked a certain depth of flavour. Their more unusual flavours may fare better.

Also, while we were offered a complimentary bowl of rice, I declined, as I'm used to just eating a bowl of ramen as is and being full from it. However, and this may have been due to the hour plus bike ride to get there, but I found that the ramen on its own wasn't quite filing enough.

Overall, it's not worth a special trip, but if you're already in the vicinity, it would be a good place to eat.

Pros: Clean pleasant enough environment
Cons: Vending machine ordering, No English ordering info, Missing depth of flavour
necius
necius

Decent ramen, but far from perfection

Posted on 03 / 19 / 2015

My sister came to visit me in Japan and her first and most important request was that we find Vegan ramen. Fortunately this Vege Ramen Yuniwa is pretty close to where I live, unfortunately, the public transport options to get there are pretty inconvenient, so we ended up riding about 15kms each way. When we got there, I quite liked the look of the place. It still had a characteristic ramen shop look, but without the general dingy seedy look that a lot of them have.

We ordered our meals from the ticket vending machine, but as there was no English menu, we had to make do with our limited Japanese and the help of another customer (a very helpful Japanese man who spoke English well). Our meals arrived fairly quickly, and looked exactly as they were pictured.

The quality of the food was good, but not (at least for us) worth the trip. We both had the soy sauce ramen, and we both agreed that while nice, it lacked punch. They offered free rice along with the meal, I accepted because I was very hungry by this stage. I also bought an inarizushi, I thought it was a bit expensive for 150yen, until I got it, it was huge.

Overall, while not particularly impressive, the food was good and decent value for money. If you're in the Hirakata area, I would recommend checking it out, but I wouldn't suggest making the trip for this place.

Pros: Decent value for money, Nice atmosphere
Cons: Limited English
beckettthedog
beckettthedog

just perfect...

Posted on 11 / 21 / 2014

Outstanding Ramen and curry. The lemon sesame noodles are nothing but amazing. As it has been mentioned in the previous reviews this is a local neighborhood vegan heaven in Hirakata, where the options for non-meat eaters are rare. Purchase your ticket in the machine right at the entrance and hand it to the attendant behind the bar. Friendly service and superb food just a short walk from Kuzuha Station in the Keihan main line.

Pros: Delicious food, delicious food, delicious food
  • Vegeiko Vegeiko

Aren't they amazing? They select highest ingredients and tremendous care to cook the best vegan ramen soup. Are you in Hirakata area? Then pls try Kirinkaku 麒麟閣, it's on national route 1, and has amazing Taiwanese vege fried rice and sweet an sour soy pork!

AlohaEigo
AlohaEigo

Local Feel

Posted on 04 / 25 / 2014

The distance on the east side of Yodo/Kamo River from Fushimi, Kyoto to Osaka City is about 30km. The one oasis in that vegetarian desert is this ramen shop. I live a 15 minute walk from Kansai Gaidai in Hirakata, and there is even nothing servicing this area. Luckily, Yuniwa is a very pleasant place to stop by if you are in Kuzuha. The staff is friendly, portions filling and menu affordable. I enjoyed my spicy ramen with brown rice and green tea for 940yen.

〒573-1112 大阪府枚方市楠葉美咲3丁目12−6 美咲ハイツ1階

Pros: Price, Environment, Oasis In A Vegetarian Desert
Cons: Bit Of A Walk
lemurcat
lemurcat

Great ramen

Posted on 03 / 05 / 2014

Ramen is good, Anmitsu is reasonably priced, Inarizushi is great to take away for another meal. One thing to be careful of: the ice cream is not vegan. You have to buy a ticket from a machine in the corner to place your order. Great Japanese experience. Beautiful modern building. 20 minutes walking or 5 minutes by bus from Keihan Kuzuha station. Be careful of the other restaurant also named Yuniwa. You want the one on the left!

Pros: Ramen, Atmosphere, Beatles music
Cons: Ice cream not vegan
Vegeiko
Vegeiko

Thoroughly made Ramen with love and care

Posted on 08 / 30 / 2013

We have Ramen restaurants in anywhere but its rarely non-existence the Ramen without animal meat broth... this restaurant is a bit far from downtown Osaka, but worth a go if you desperately want to eat delicious vegetarian ramen.
The owner takes tremendeous care to pick every ingredients so at first taste you can tell the difference.

From Keihan Kuzuha station, take a bus to go to MISAKI station or you can walk about 15 min. on big avenue is located next to the coin laundry.

Dear Owner and Manager of Vege Ramen Yuniwa: