Vege Rama - Myer Centre

Dine at the food court or take away. Also a location at Post Office Square that's all vegan. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Fast food, Indian, International, Take-out
Shop 54b, Level E, Myer Centre, 91, Queen St
Brisbane, Queensland 4000
07-32118588

Open Mon-Thur 9.00-17.30, Fri 9.00-21.00, Sat-Sun 9.00-17.00.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by JME
sunsatori
sunsatori

Vege Rama

5 Posted on 02 / 23 / 2014

Always my go-to vegetarian place in Brisbane, such yummy food that is reliably fresh, healthy and delicious. Choose from hot or cold foods/salads plus a range of nice drinks too. A good selection of vegan options, plus use of quinoa, beetroot and tempeh makes options variable and extra flavourful.

A convenient location in the CBD for those already in the city, but I am happy to make a special trip into the city for a good feed. A great take-away option if you are heading out for a day trip to the city.

Pros: Healthy, Tasty, Well Priced
blinki
blinki

Healthy, tasty, convenient, well priced

5 Posted on 11 / 20 / 2013

Food is good and good portions. It's quick and a great location, really good for having somewhere to pop into when in the city. It is in a food court so not exactly somewhere you go for atmosphere but does what it does well.

Setcarp
Setcarp

91 Queen Street. location wrong on map. Worth finding.

4 Posted on 07 / 20 / 2013

The $10 large plate was too much food for me (and I am a big guy) but I finished it all because it was so good.
I had the brown rice with the kofta balls and black lentils. It took me a minute to pick the third item and the girl behind the counter suggested the shepherds pie. Oh yes. They have more than Indian. Lasagna, pizza, moussaka and more. I thought the pie was a strange mix, but she offered to put a extra border of rice to keep everything from combining.
It is in a food court and is busy at times, but worth it.

Pros: great food, good prices, not just Indian
Cons: in a food court
mabatpalm
mabatpalm

Dosa to Die For

4 Posted on 04 / 08 / 2013

Having read the reviews, we decided to head straight here when we arrived in Brisbane for an extremely short stay. I had the Dosa (made to be vegan) and my son had the Vegan Pizza, with a pesto salad on the side. The dosa was truly authentic, I hadn't tasted sambhar like that since living in India years ago, and both my children loved it too. Not so much the Pizza and salad. We decided it must have been the pesto, as it was the only common denominator - had a weird chemically, unpleasant taste. So disappointed. However, we went back closer to closing time, and ordered another Dosa, and some spinach pakora to take away. Both equally delicious. The one samosa we bought was soggy from the steam of the bain marie. All in all, I expect the food here is almost always great - the desserts looked so good, but we couldn't fit any in!

Pros: Great vegan food, Nice staff
Cons: Horrible food court, Very busy (but a pro for them!)
ClarkeVincent
ClarkeVincent

Great vegan choices

5 Posted on 04 / 08 / 2013

We went here a couple of times on saturday lunchtime and it was very busy in the foodcourt, but well worth waiting a couple of minutes to get served and find a seat. Most of the food is vegan and staff are very friendly and happy to talk you through all your options. The mushroom quiche is delicious, as is the apple crumble dessert.

Pros: good value, friendly efficient staff, some delicious food choices
Cons: in a busy food court, next table will be eating McDeath
pitty
pitty

quick, fresh, deliscios

5 Posted on 01 / 21 / 2013

I have been to Vege Rama several times now and it has always been a great experience. The food tastes always fresh although the place has a simple take away shop atmosphere - it doesn't matter. The desserts are great too and the food is well priced. There are plenty of vegan options ranging from pizza to enchiladas, salads, curries, burger and cakes. There is another Vege Rama now open on Adelaide St. just be warned the place is super busy during lunch hours! I'm very happy to have discovered this place in brisbane.

Pros: fresh food, good value for money, good location
Cons: atmosphere
Lea
Lea

Curry in a hurry

4 Posted on 01 / 12 / 2013

We went to Vege Rama on a public holiday when most other vegetarian restaurants were closed, as sitting in a crowded noisy food court wouldn't normally be my first choice for lunch while on holidays. However, I'm very glad we did. This was nothing like typical food court food. Everything was amazingly tasty, they have brown rice (fresh and moist, not dried out or clumped together as is the norm with white rice from food courts). I had a delicious chick pea curry, sambhar and some split pea curry. The whole dried red chillis floating in it frightened me a bit but, although it was piquant, it was not too hot and the chilli complemented rather than overwhelmed the scrumptious flavours. I tried a kofta and it was excellent - soft and fresh inside, not greasy or dry at all. I was very impressed. This food far exceeds food court quality and is deserving of its own restaurant. Did I mention they have brown rice? This is a huge plus for me. (There is also white rice if you like that kind of thing). There was a range of salads and some interesting looking 'pizza' roll ups including baby spinach and other things. One even had vegan cheese! Unfortunately we could not try everything on the day, but I will go back on my next visit to Brisbane to try the vegan pizza roll. By the way, for those who don't like to eat onion or garlic, there didn't appear to be any in the food we had. The cooking is also ayurvedic. My only suggestion for improvement would be to add a non-dairy fresh vegetable curry.
Updated from previous review on Monday December 27, 2010

Update: I finally got my wish to return here and found to my delight that it is now at least 75% vegan. The food was still great and they now have vegan desserts. The key lime pie and pumpkin cheezecake were scrumptious. Still didn't get a pizza roll up, but tried a 'taquito' which was a fried rolled up tortilla with bean stuffing and topped with salsa and avocado.

They now also have a second outlet on Adelaide St at Post Office Square which is totally vegan. Unfortunately we weren't able to get there on this visit, but I hear it is excellent!

Pros: Delicious food, Brown rice, Mostly vegan
Cons: Could do with more fresh veggie dishes
LeighW
LeighW

Yummy Vegarama

4 Posted on 09 / 11 / 2012

This place does get busy during the lunch rush but the service is quick and well worth a few minutes wait.

Pros: Fresh and tasty, Great selection, Interesting dishes
Cons: Can be a bit of a wait, Noisy in the food court
vegan mikal
vegan mikal

Busy busy busy

5 Posted on 04 / 24 / 2012

We got to this place just after midday and found a small crowd there already. The food is tasty and freshly prepared, and the various bain-marie containers were being refilled all the time. We got a couple of '2 curries and rice' meals for $8.50 each. Although these meals could have been slightly larger, the flavours were really nice. There is some tapioca pudding for a very reasonable $4, and the salads which we didn't try looked absolutely fabulous. By the time we left our table, the whole food court was packed to the brim, with a huge bunch of people taking their food away from Vege Rama. This must be the easiest, tastiest, and best priced lunch available in Brisbane for a hungry vegan/vego.

Pros: freshness, taste, price
Cons: smallish servings
Henley
Henley

Vegerama

5 Posted on 04 / 13 / 2012

Top quality food, fresh, vibrant, varied.

Something for everyone.

Curries, salads, lasagna, mousakka, vegebake, kofta balls, yummmmmmmo!!!

Not vegan (they use real cheese).

Definitely the go-to place in the Brisbane CBD for lunch (and dinner on Friday nights).

Pros: tasty, nutritious, vibrant food
Cons: in a food court
vegan_simon
vegan_simon

Handy, Healthy & Hearty

4 Posted on 02 / 12 / 2012

This place is centrally located in the CBD so I pop in for a meal all the time. Vegan and Gluten-Free options are marked V and GF. The salads are fresh and generous, for example: plenty of chunks of tempeh in the tempeh salad. I often have curry veges and pumpkin coconut curry on yellow rice. Delicious and cheap. The service is friendly and prompt which is good because it's often one of the busiest eateries in the food court. Oh, and they usually have someone out the front giving away free samples of pakoras or pizzas.

Pros: Vegan and Gluten-free options, healthy food, generous portions, great value for money
Daywithoutrain
Daywithoutrain

Best Masala Dosai in Town!

5 Posted on 02 / 08 / 2012

Been to a couple several Indian places for dosai now and I must say Vege Rama has the truly best one! Oh the crispy shell on the outside and the potato curry that isn't too spicy on the inside. Do note as a side dish they give you some spicy sort of chutney. There's also coconut chutney (check out the picture I uploaded).

Pros: best dosai in brisbane
Cons: noisy foodcourt
backpasher
backpasher

Heaven on my plate!

5 Posted on 12 / 26 / 2011

So thankful to have stumbled upon this fantastic veggie place on my first day in Brisbane. Have already eaten here 4 times! The kofta balls are delicious as are the samosas. I absolutely loved the dosa set, but my fave so far has been the tempeh tahini salad. Seriously tasty stuff!! Delicious, healthy, veggie food at reasonable prices :)

Please open a branch in Sydney!!

Pros: Delicious, Healthy, Friendly staff
Cons: Not in Sydney
myomoto jah nori
myomoto jah nori

• raw

Vege Rama the BEST

5 Posted on 10 / 25 / 2011

I'm a travelling VEGAN, and stumbled upon Vege Rama as it was a sunday and everything else was closed. Well I'm glad I did as this is by far the best option for a vegen there is. Everything is fresh, well cooked, not over cooked, and well combined. There was more VEGAN than vegaterian which was awesome. The food was so good I got 3 lots of take aways for dinner and breakfast so I could try everything, and it was ALL GOOD. Great people. Great food. A must go place while in Brisbane.

Pros: Fresh, Healthy, Super Tasty
Cons: A Food court not a resturant
tararenaemcgee
tararenaemcgee

Yum!

4 Posted on 05 / 29 / 2011

A friend introduced me to dosas when we were in London. I am very happy to have found them in Brisbane. Everything I have had here has been yum. Great vego restaurant.

Pros: Taste, Convenient location
Cons: Noisy location
JME
JME

Vege Rama has moved

5 Posted on 06 / 30 / 2010

VegeRama recently relocated to the foodcourt in the Myer Centre. The vegan and gluten free options are written on the glass counter. The menu is mostly the same as in the previous location and the staff are sweet and friendly as always.

Pros: Good value, Lots of vegan options, Tasty food and healthy options
Cons: Gets crowded at the small counter area

Dear Owner and Manager of Vege Rama - Myer Centre: