The owners opened this cafe in July 2014 at this location close to metro Ratusz Arsenal and also operates Vegavani catering; previously ran a cafe in Chmielna. Offers a wide range of vegan and gluten free food, including cakes and ice cream. Dishes range from burgers, pancakes, and tortilla to salads, spreads, pasta, and pizza. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Western, European, Pizza, Polish, Buffet

thisplaceisheaven
thisplaceisheaven

Good start

Posted on 07 / 06 / 2015

It was only one week old when I visited it but has great potential. Menu was experimental but vast. We had: chickpea stew with millet, penne with kale and other goods and lunch of the day. Chia pudding 10/10!
They are brand new so the organization was not on its best- some people got to order in the bar, some sat and waited. The stuff is very hepful though and the whole restaurant has great potential. Will definitely visit in the future.

update: Been threre year after. Improved 100%. Food is AMAZING. My favourite spot in Poland.

Prices are not the cheapiest (20-26 for mains) but I guess is a standard in Warsaw centre.
Updated from previous review on Monday July 14, 2014

Pros: tasty and healthy, 100% vegan, helpful staff
Cons: prices, organization (probably because it's new)
roos68
roos68

Really lovely food

Posted on 06 / 17 / 2015

We enjoyed the food very much!! Lovely tomato soup and burger with rice and salad. Lovely range of vegetables on the plate! Really tasty and a lovely atmosphere!

AnnaKorpalska
AnnaKorpalska

Top level vegan food

Posted on 05 / 11 / 2015

We went today for the first time to this restaurant. We've been vegan for some years now and since traveling quite a lot to different countries we always explore vegan food scene wherever we go. This restaurant exceeded our expectations! Great food, reasonable prices and generous portions. The combination of tastes and textures most pleasing and surprising. I believe it would be a great experience for anybody even not vegan. Great compliments!

Connec
Connec

Amazing

Posted on 05 / 08 / 2015

First of all, we came in and already fell in love with the place. It is just beautiful.

The food was great! I had a tortilla and I cannot find words to describe it. My girlfriend had one of she gluten free options, a new dish, and she was also very happy with it.

We are about to have some cake and it is great to see how many gluten free options they have. The problem will be to decide which one.

You cannot skip this place if you stop in Warsaw.

Pros: Great staff and location, Gluten free
Cons: They are not in Cologne
Beaa
Beaa

Best eggplant in town

Posted on 04 / 25 / 2015

ok.... so I have to admit that bakładoro is my best pick at this place. Sometimes I cheat and choose something different and then I regret :) So bakładoro (read bacquadoro) is an eggplant with tomatoes and onions- baked, with some vegan cheese and topped with parsley. Served with some smoked tofu in green dressing (I guess it's basil, but I couldn't figure it out, as the smoked flavor is pretty strong). With a side salad and either rise or millet (but this varies from day to day). The salad was a bit dry and desperately needing some dressing, so I have asked and got some vinaigrette - which saved the salad of course :) In general I love this dish :) Deserts are pretty tasty too, but this time I had to pass. Highly recommend, probably one of the top three vegan places to eat in Warsaw.

Pros: very tasty food, quick, friendly staff
Cons: more flavor - better salad dressings, cash only :(, small, and very popular, so crowded :)
Barney Big Ears
Barney Big Ears

Nice, creative meal

Posted on 04 / 03 / 2015

English menu and staff spoke English. At first, I thought the menu looked boring since they were few original items on it but the meal preparation and presentation offered a great meal. As noted by others, the menu is higher than other places in Warsaw but still reasonable for the quality of food. Staff were very helpful.

Pros: Friendly staff, Whole food
werkat
werkat

Always great food

Posted on 03 / 01 / 2015

Crowded, crowded, crowded. The food is delicious but the cakes not so much- they are all sugar and gluten-free. In comparison with other vegan places in Warsaw,this one is a bit pricey. But if I would like to invite someone to show how tasty and stunning vegan food is- this is my number 1 choice.

Dominika87
Dominika87

Best vegan restaurant in Poland!

Posted on 02 / 22 / 2015

This is probably the best vegan restaurant in Poland. The food was like nothing I have ever eaten in my life. I doubt I will eat anything as delicious in the future, except maybe right here :)
Hope I will have a chance to visit this place again and again.

Pros: Delicious food
Cons: Crowded
jenso
jenso

The best!

Posted on 11 / 27 / 2014

No doubt that this is the best place in Warsaw for vegan food. The place is nice and cozy and you feel comfortable bringing even your 90 year old grandmother here.

The food is extremely delicious and is obviously all homemade. They have a big variety to pick from, but sadly there is no menu in English. I can especially recommend the Lunch menu.

it is not the cheapest place in the world, but from what you get it is absolutely worth it.

Pros: great food, great place, sweet staff
Cons: no english menu
ssluchansky
ssluchansky

Ditto that!

Posted on 10 / 21 / 2014

Following up the other recent reviews, I cannot praise this restaurant enough. During a recent visit to Warsaw, we ate there several times. The food was consistently excellent, modern and very creative. The location is very central and close to hotels and attractions. An interesting appetizer is a cold avocado soup. Main dishes include pastas, pierogies and a wonderful (vegan) risotto. A real treat for an American who prefers whole foods and grains was the availability of buckwheat with several of the entrees. There were several dessert choices including great vegan cheesecake. They carry a wide range of bottled drinks but don't miss the watermelon-mint-lemonade, which is visible in the refrigerator case next to the counter. When in Warsaw, Vege Miasto should not be missed!

Pros: Excellent food/very reasonable prices, English-speaking staff to help, Proximity to old city area
Cons: No credit cards, No English menu, Can get very crowded
acmedef
acmedef

loved it

Posted on 09 / 13 / 2014

I stayed nearby, and happened upon this place when I was craving vegan food. Despite not having an English menu, they were happy to translate and explain everything. The food was wonderful, super filling, and really sophisticated.

aisteve_
aisteve_

Amazing!

Posted on 09 / 05 / 2014

This restaurant is probably the best vegan place i visited! The menu changes every day. Food is fresh and very yummy. Lots of gluten free options. The portions are large and definately worth the price you pay. They have english speaking staff who can translate the menu and help to choose from their variety of foods. I chose the lunch of the day which was vegan fish with carrot and zucchini fries, mashed potatoes and cabbage and beet salad. It felt like i ate a homemade meal. The cakes - AMAZING! Especially raw snickers. Heaven in a plate. The environment promotes vegan and healthy lifestyle, even the wi-fi password is "you are what you eat" in polish. If you are in Warsaw DEFINATELY find some time to visit this restaurant. I can assure you will not regret it!

Pros: Delicious and fresh food, big portions, Very friendly staff, Easy to find and cozy
Cons: No english menu
Joa
Joa

delicious!

Posted on 08 / 29 / 2014

I visited this restaurant for the first time a couple of days ago and the food just tasted awesome. I had a soup, pierogi and an also very tasty dessert. There was no English menu as they change it everyday but the staff is friendly enough to translate it for you when you ask. It's located close to the old town.
Updated from previous review on Friday August 29, 2014

Pros: food quality, atmosphere
Cons: no translated menu , no cards
iksFeliks
iksFeliks

Nice vegan place

Posted on 08 / 26 / 2014

This restaurant is nice, but nothing special. They don't have english menu, don't accept credit cards, and some of chairs are not so comfy. But food was ok for a normal price. Sometimes very crowded and so much space to sit.

Pros: Good good, A lot of options, nice staff
Cons: No english menu, Don't accept credit cards, very small
vegan_ryan
vegan_ryan

Absolutely amazing

Posted on 08 / 09 / 2014

Fresh ingredients, friendly service, and extremely delicious food at good prices.

Make this your first meal in Warsaw.

Pros: all vegan, all awesome
Vera Peres
Vera Peres

Delicious cakes and pierogi

Posted on 07 / 29 / 2014

Vege miasto has a great choice of vegan cakes, which are most of the times also gluten free, sugar free and raw. I tried several of their cakes and they were always delicious and served in a big fat portion, ideal to share or to drown your sorrows in! They have recently started serving vegan ice-cream and chia-based desserts.

On the savoury side, they have a good choice of vegan pierogi, served with caramelised onion, very yummuy! They also have a different lunch menu every day, as well as a dish of the day and a dish of the week, in addition to the standard menu.

Overall, very nice atmosphere and tasty food.

They don't have an English menu but staff usually speaks English and translates. Free Wifi.

Laxsill
Laxsill

Buy your cake here

Posted on 07 / 21 / 2014

They really make some excellent vegan cakes. Their coffee and food are great too. The staff is nice. The locale is nice. One of the earlier reviewers claimed that a cake was "too generous". They are, and I love it.

Sternanis
Sternanis

Tasty Food and Awesome Raw Cakes!

Posted on 07 / 19 / 2014

We went there last week since it was the closest Veg restaurant near the old town and it was literally packed with locals! For lunch they offer a menu of soup + main + mini sized dessert for 25zl (20 without the soup). Menu is all Polish but the staff is very helpful in trying to explain it all; the only problem is that the place is very busy during the lunch time. We had tasty tomato based soup with lots of veggies and a plate of spiced rice (very good!), some kind of meat balls, and a big salad? Dessert was supposed to be chia pudding but they ran out of it and we got small cake crumb + creme + berry (it is very small!). We also had a raw blueberry cake which was very tasty and huge (12 zl). I liked it tangy and not so sweet. The meal took forever to come out but other than that staff is very friendly. Ah it is quite hot and stuffy inside since it's crowded, there are no windows to open and the sun is coming in during the day. It might be nice to visit there in the evening. After 2pm the crowd was gone (but still hot inside).

Pros: Taste, Friendly Staff, Free Wifi
Cons: Slow and crowded for lunchtime, Hot inside and outside
skatebambi
skatebambi

Tasty food in a friendly new cafe

Posted on 07 / 10 / 2014

This new restaurant offers vegan food in a cool setting.
The menu is only in Polish but was translated and explained in great detail by the friendly staff.
The pierogi were yummy and the chickpea mushroom rice main course likewise. The pasta dishes also met with approval of my carnivorous fellow diners although they found the fake Parmesan a bit odd.
The portion of raspberry 'cheese'cake was a bit too generous but tasty.
The smoothies were good.
The furnishing are a mix of pallets and chipboard in part and modern tables and chairs. The bench wasn't as comfortable as at first thought.

Pros: Fresh, Friendly, Tasty

Dear Owner and Manager of Vege Miasto: