Veggie fast food in the city center near green market. Makes vegetables, basmati rice, integral pasta, veggie burger, soya steak, tofu and seitan sandwiches, burrito, pancakes, fruit salad, juice, and ice tea. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Organic, Western, Croatian, Juice bar, Fast food, Take-out, Delivery

First Review by LauraEdwards
Link
Link

Best burrito ever

5 Posted on 08 / 15 / 2014

Really good food for a good price! The burrito is amazing!! The burger is also good. We were so happy to found this place and it's all vegan!

vegan_ryan
vegan_ryan

great find

4 Posted on 08 / 09 / 2014

This place was the center of our time in Split. It's conveniently located, cheap, filling and delicious.

Pros: all vegan
ElizabethLlewelyn
ElizabethLlewelyn

Quick and easy

4 Posted on 07 / 26 / 2014

I got a falafel tortilla from here. Was good, the salad wasn't just your average thing because of the presence of rocket/arugula. The falafel balls were just chickpea balls without any spice which tasted good but was just not what I expected. Cheap and prepared pretty quickly. Great for something on the go.

Pros: Really cheap!
Cons: Falafel balls weren't really falafel

HappyVioleta
HappyVioleta

simple & fast

4 Posted on 07 / 19 / 2014

the restaurant, a cozy place with few bar tables invites with yummie vegetarian dishes. there is no haute cuisine, rathter simple dishes. the selection is quite good for this part of the world. the food is ok, definitely a good alterantive to the mainstream restaurants.
price level acceptable compared to many other places in Split.

Pros: vegan food, fast service
  • Mladen Mladen

Hi all, I've just called them and they told me that they opened 20 days ago . They were closed out of season but now they work again.

veggieriga
veggieriga

vege fast food

2 Posted on 01 / 28 / 2014

I wanted to like this place. The first time I went they were closed, so I returned the next day in the afternoon to see if they were open. Now they are only open 10AM-6PM. I decided to eat lunch elsewhere and return there for dinner. I thought they closed at 5PM, so I went at 4:30PM which was much too early for me for dinner, since I had a big lunch. I got the seitan burrito with grilled vegetables; the burrito can come with either seitan or tofu and grilled or fresh vegetables - the fresh vegetables are salad vegetables. I took it to go and had a few bites, so I could see what it was like when it was hot. I then left it in my room for later. After a few hours, I returned and ate it at which time it was just warm, but still tasty. However, shortly after eating it unfortunately, my stomach hurt. I don't believe it was because I didn't eat it immediately, as I don't think the grilled vegetables or seitan should have gone bad, although they sat out in my room for two and a half hours before I ate them. I think perhaps the eggplant had not been prepared correctly, as I have previously gotten sick from eggplant that had not been cooked properly. It's really a shame. Maybe it was an off day but I'm not sure that I would go again, but if I were to go again, I would probably not try the eggplant.
Update: I removed my review, because I thought the problem was with gluten, but then found out I have no problem eating gluten.

Mladen

mmcgauran
mmcgauran

Great vegan food

4 Posted on 09 / 17 / 2013

Delicious food, made fresh as you order (you watch them cook it!). All food is vegan. Convenient location close to the centre of Split. Suitable for lunch or dinner. Many options available and reasonably priced.

seamusenright
seamusenright

Great Find!

5 Posted on 09 / 12 / 2013

Just when I thought I'd never find a nice veggie restaurant in Croatia, this place comes along, hidden down a little side street with a menu full of veggie delights. It's not that expensive and the staff are friendly...what more could you ask for?
Updated from previous review on Tuesday August 27, 2013

Pros: Cheap, Friendly, Great Food
kateborgo
kateborgo

Good Fast Food

3 Posted on 08 / 25 / 2013

It's a little hard to find, but the vege sign is a welcome relief amongst the numerous other fast food restaurants.
Had the burrito with seitan and it was quite tasty. Basically just grilled veggies and seitan in a wrap. Relatively cheap too!

Pros: fast, yum
Cons: hard to find
JohnCrawshaw
JohnCrawshaw

awesome

5 Posted on 08 / 23 / 2013

It was - as the name would suggest - very fast vegetarian food. Very good indeed. We had vege burgers, tofu sandwiches and a tofu burrito washed down with freshly squeezed orange juice. All lovely.sstaff very helpful.

Pros: big potions, helpful staff
Cons: not many seats...it is fast food.
Marlies90
Marlies90

Great grilled veggies!

5 Posted on 08 / 04 / 2013

This place is very conveniently located, has friendly staff that speaks English and has good and cheap food! I tried the couscous + grilled veggies and the seitan sandwich, both were delicious.

Food is done in 5-10 minutes and the place is open until 24.00!

Pros: Good food, The grilled veggies, Cheap
LauraEdwards
LauraEdwards

BEST SOYA STEAKS EVER!!

5 Posted on 07 / 04 / 2013

This is BY FAR the BEST Vegan fast food place I have ever eaten at! I tried Seitan for the first time (ashamedly) but I'm glad I did because Vege Fast Food makes the most delicious burritos and meals. I've never tasted a soya steak SO GOOD in my life! Everyone would be so impressed by this new eatery! I beg you, if you are in Croatia, GO HERE! :)
We researched two other places but they didn't even compare to Vege Fast Food :)

Pros: Seitan burritos, SOYA STEAKS, Friendly People
Cons: NOTHING

Dear Owner and Manager of Vege Fast Food: