Vegetarian specialty food store that stocks a large selection of Chinese style mockmeats, dry food including veg protein products, noodles, sauces, and soy foods. more-less

First Review by gallo39

Awesome!!!

5 Posted on 02 / 01 / 2014

This place is amazing! I get a lot of my fake meats here. They have such a variety of things: fake ham, vegan ramen and other noodle bowls, fake clams, fake shrimp, fake fish. I usually buy these vegan drumsticks that have a wooden stick in the middle as the "bone." Absolutely delicious. Even the omnivores I feed this to love the drumsticks. Also, they cell dried fake meat that you can flavor anyway you like. Love this place! Just make sure to read the ingredients list on these items because not everything is vegan. Most products are from Taiwan.

Pros: Relatively inexpensive, Wide variety

nice selection

4 Posted on 07 / 25 / 2010

This place is small and very straight-forward, but has a nice selection of frozen mock meats. They also have a nice selection of dried TVP in various shapes not easily found elsewhere. Metered parking is available on the street, but since it's near a residential area you can easily walk a block if you don't want to pay for it. I think they have a good mail order process, also.
The man was very helpful when I asked for the vegan items, although I wish they had more vegan chicken options. I found the prices worth the visit! These are the same mock meats vegetarian restaurants seems to use.

Pros: selection, prices, authentic taste
Cons: vegan options low

Amazing

5 Posted on 07 / 02 / 2008

This place is awesome. They even have vegetarian mutton. The prices are less than half of what you would pay in a health food store, and you wouldn't get this kind of quality. Try the drumsticks.

Great Place

5 Posted on 10 / 12 / 2006

This is an awesome place. I call it the vegetarian butcher shop. Prices are more than half what you would pay in a health food store. They don't speak much English, but are very nice and helpful. The chicken and the canned tuna in particular are great.

Dear Owner and Manager of Vege Eats: