Vegetarian Indian restaurant, opened Aug 2012. Serves Punjabi food as well as pizza and Indian style Chinese dishes. The buffet changes daily, and breakfast buffet is offered on the weekend. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Indo-Chinese, Pakistani, Pizza, Buffet, Take-out

First Review by hippywoman
it_be_asin
it_be_asin

Venue has moved to Wentworthville

2 Posted on 11 / 30 / 2013

Vege delight at Quaker's Hill has been turned into Punjab House, which does serve meat as well as many of the previous lacto vegetarian menu items.

Vege delight has relocated to Wentworthville. I have yet to try the food from the new location at Wentworthville. They advertise on the menu a surcharge for vegan and allium free options.

When I went for a weekend buffet lunch at Quaker's Hill there was some food we were told was vegan that I have a sneaking suspicion were not. Despite the labelling on the menu, I was not convinced the staff on that day had a clear understanding of what items on their menu were vegan. Only buffet items were available at that time.

I'm not convinced this is a great choice if you have dietary requirements over and above lacto vegetarianism.

TheVeganOfAus
TheVeganOfAus

Vegan out west.

4 Posted on 09 / 22 / 2013

I only tried the pizza so cannot comment on the other food.

The pizza was OK but nothing spectacular. I was intrigued by the Gobi Masala pizza but it wasn't as good as I hoped. Still, +1 for ingenuity. I'd not go out of my way to get their pizza again but I'd get it if I was in the area. (To be fair, I'm not sure why I would have expected fab. pizza from an Indian restaurant!)

It was nice though to see their menu peppered with little vegan logos. And the place looked tidy. I'll definitely go back one day and try something else.

Pizza is really 3 stars, plus another star for the amount of other vegan options and the unknown.

Pros: Plenty of vegan options
stewartalexj
stewartalexj

Amazing food

5 Posted on 12 / 26 / 2012

I found this food amazing, especially the Indian dumplings. Can't wait to go back!

Pros: quality, people, cleanliness
Cons: location to far from me
hippywoman
hippywoman

Best Indian vegetarian in Sydney!

5 Posted on 12 / 25 / 2012

I would say that vege delight is hands down the best Indian vegetarian restaurant in Sydney. The paneer pizza is amazing and aloo tiki is also pretty good. The breakfast aloo parathas taste like the ones in India. Punjabi curries have lots of flavour. It is clean and has pleasant decor. Staff are very friendly- it's a family business.

Pros: Best indian veg food, friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Vege Delight: