Veganz - Wir lieben Leben

Established Jul 2011, this is an all vegan supermarket that features hard-to-find vegan delicacies, bulk items, and much more. Offers lectures and seminars about the vegan diet, vegan lifestyle, and raw diets. On premises is a cafe, bistro, bakery and delicatessen where vegans, raw foodists, allergy sensitive, and healthy eaters will dine on 100% plant-based and raw treats, both sweet and savory. more-less
Schivelbeiner Strasse 34
Berlin, Germany 10439
+4930-44036048
OPEN NOW

Mon-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm, Sun 11:00am-5:00pm

First Review by beatlebum
ChristianaHasldorf
ChristianaHasldorf

Great cooperation between the shops!

Posted on 04 / 13 / 2014

After having bought shoes at avesu (which is next to it), we went back to Veganz because we had received a voucher for a drink. I then had a raw chocolate drink which was very good. I loved that they offered orange and lemon flavored water for free!

JonJon
JonJon

The vegan shop in Berlin!

Posted on 03 / 23 / 2014

Veganz is the vegan supermarket of Berlin: they have so many products, faux-meat, vegan sheese, icecream, spreads, sweet, and so on. And you don't have to check the ingredients! Prices are relatively fair, and staff is friendly. Higly recommended to go there to buy vegan food. In France, we have few similar places but they do not have fresh vegetables, whereas Veganz has. I find that great too!

Pros: very wide range of products, 100% vegan, have fresh vegetables, near a vegan coffee and shoe shop
CLRtraveller
CLRtraveller

Looking forward to Veganz in other cities too!

Posted on 12 / 29 / 2013

The title says it: I want to see vegan grocery stores like this in many more cities worldwide. Including North America someday.
Plenty of choice of prepared vegan foods, also fresh produce, body care products, even beer and wine. Fabulous.

Pros: choice - all vegan

roxette521
roxette521

I hope one day every store is like this

Posted on 11 / 22 / 2013

It was a blessing to live within walking distance to this fully stocked, fully vegan supermarket. It is pretty expensive, no doubt, but you can get anything you have ever dreamed of here, and a few things you didn't even know existed. They have many, many different kinds of vegan cheese, vegan milk, vegan sausages, every kind of meat and fish substitute, vegan ice-cream, chocolate, gummy candies, even vegan caviar. There is also baby food and pet food. I wouldn't come here for produce, as, while organic, the selection is very limited.

Pros: Has every vegan thing imaginable
Cons: Expensive
paperbagblog
paperbagblog

Vegan heaven!

Posted on 09 / 22 / 2013

This place is heaven for vegans. It feels strange to be in a shop where everything is vegan! Wish I lived in Berlin and could stockpile the amazing range of vegan ice-creams, cookie dough, faux meats and DAIYA (!!!) that you can't find in the UK. Discovered loads of new brands. The cafe connected to the shop is amazing - we visited a few times while we were in Berlin. A must visit!

Pros: They stock Daiya!!
SCos
SCos

Vegan supermarket

Posted on 09 / 10 / 2013

Totally vegan supermarket with a small cafe (with take-away bagels etc.) On Saturday they offered a great brunch with so many options we could not try them all.

At Veganz you can buy almost everything you need, household products, books, frozen pizzas, Wheaty sausages, No Muh cheeze, Tofury products, Tartex, ...

Pros: Versatile, Cafe and take away, Brunch
Lindavegan
Lindavegan

LOVE THIS WHOLE CHAIN OF VEGAN SUPERMARKETS!

Posted on 09 / 04 / 2013

Having met the owner and his manager, I can tell you that this chain of vegan supermarkets is the most exciting business to happen to the world! These briliant people have created a mega store concept that will continue to attract vegans and non vegans alike! The uniformity, the cleanliness and the fact that they are good business persons who treat their employees as equals, is just what is needed to make this world wide awareness happen! They are ethical people who care about animals, the earth and our environment and they have created a wonderful place to shop, learn! With restaurants and culinary centers and shoe shops, and film screening and books, etc. this is the world wide, history making endeavor!! Way to go amazing Jan and Sebastian!! We are so honored to know you!

Pros: VEGAN, entirely!, Use fresh local farms!, Owner is ethical vegan
Cons: zero cons
vegan_ryan
vegan_ryan

Cool store, hard to find items

Posted on 04 / 08 / 2013

This store has items that are often hard to find in Europe, so that's really nice. However, you pay for it - that's for sure.

Nice to find an all-vegan store, though. That's a big plus. And it's easy to find.

Pros: All-vegan, Vegan grocery store
NIlsI
NIlsI

super vegan market

Posted on 04 / 08 / 2013

Everytime I'm in Berlin I try to go to Veganz.

After years of searching I finally found a peer vegan chocolate paste to Nutella!! I let some non-vegan friend trying Nutella and the Valsoia-Nutella with the result that they could not find the regular Nutella.

I know that this has nothing to do with the shop but I really like to go to a super market and can be conscious that everything is vegan. Furthermore, they have a great range of different ..of course vegan products.

I like it alot!

Pros: lot of products, staff, there are mostly vegans..
Gudrun
Gudrun

Shop til you drop!

Posted on 12 / 30 / 2012

There might be bigger vegan supermarkets elsewhere in the world, but this is the biggest one I've ever seen. Wow, what a choice! As others mentioned here, it's quite a relief just to go shopping and not having to read all the ingredients. The shop has fresh fruit and vegetables, all kinds of frozen food, cheese and sausages, baked goods, desserts (ice cream!), sweets, spread... basically everything you could expect in a "regular" supermarket, but all-vegan. And it seems to work, there were quite a few other customers. Hoping for more places like this!

Pros: big selection, all-vegan
Cons: too far away from where I live
greenhexi
greenhexi

Would come every day...

Posted on 12 / 24 / 2012

Of course they have a lot of stuff you also get in a German Bio-Shop. But that makes this place a one-stop-shop for vegans. However, the icing on the cake is the bigger selection in chocolate, in Gummibears (best non-gelantine GBs I ever had in my life). And recently they also added the best vegan parmesan in the world (at least for my taste; Parma). The cafe is on top and serves amazing cake (peanutbutter-chocolate tarte for example), I would appricitae a more sophistaced smootthe selection - if they even plan to extend (only two tables in the cafe area).

Pros: Bigger vegan selection, U.S. imports, Great cakes
Cons: Cafe too small for all the cake
bushbaby
bushbaby

Huge Selection, but a bit pricey

Posted on 10 / 19 / 2012

I love this place: you can just go in and know that you don't have to scan the labels because everything is a 100% vegan. The food choices are organic as well as normal but everything is GMO free which is a plus. You can get almost anything there except maybe spelt seitan powder but hey - that's just spoiled little me talking. This is the place to splurge when you want to reward yourself and your refrigerator. Since there is a cafe attached you might as well indulge on some wonderful vegan cake selections or a multitude of sandwich choices. This is not the place to save money, but I think it's well worth it.

It's a shame that it is in hoity-toity Prenzlauer Berg, a place filled with negligent, self-righteous parents who allow their untrained offspring to mill through the aisles dropping and groping things. But that's not the fault of the store - it's society! There will be a branch opening in Warschauer Strasse soon which means I won't have to spend a 40 minute bike ride getting there and it won't be so posh!

Pros: 100% vegan, everything you want, and more
Cons: in the heart of Prenzlauer Berg, a bit pricey, no close public transport
rippinkittin
rippinkittin

relaxing

Posted on 10 / 05 / 2012

I don't know how else I could explain the sensation I had entering in a vegan supermarket... I think relaxing is the right word! I could finally buy whatever I want without looking obsessively the ingredient list! Unfortunately I had to come back to Rome and I couldn't buy all the gorgeous things in the fridge..

Pros: all vegan, great choice
HannesRR
HannesRR

Great Store, Nice Cafe

Posted on 10 / 03 / 2012

The store offers all you need and has a great variety of foods. The Cafe has different coffees, fruit-smoothies, cakes, bagrls and one or two green smoothies.

wildfang
wildfang

All vegan shop - a little pricey, though

Posted on 08 / 31 / 2012

What I like most about this shop is the wide range of raw products and fresh fruit and veg which is mostly local or comes from small cooperatives or is fair trade. I'm happy I don't have to order raw products online anymore, I just go to Veganz instead.
Sometimes, it's nice to get a pice of vegan cheese as well and I understand that special stuff like that costs a bit of money, but products you could get in any other organic supermarket such as LoveChock, spreads etc. are just so much more expensive here than elsewhere I don't see a reason to purchase these things at Veganz.

Pros: lots of raw products, wide vegan product range, 100% vegan
Cons: partly too pricey
Clafoutis
Clafoutis

Vegan supermarket!

Posted on 08 / 06 / 2012

I was so excited for my family's trip to Berlin as I had read about the first vegan supermarket in Europe and couldn't wait to visit... We were not disappointed! Lots of treats we're bought, some great vegan jerky which was smoky flavoured and chewy, and lots of chocolates and gelatine free gummy bears (my favourite). We were only visiting for a few days so didn't buy more than just treats and snacks, but the place is so well stocked with cheeses, faux meats etc. We also tried some vegan salami and faux turkey slices which were great, and then sat in the park over the road and ate an entire tub of cookie dough soya ice cream!

Pros: Vegan supermarket, Cookie dough ice cream, Gelatine free gummy bears
holley
holley
  • raw

You bet I was excited.

Posted on 08 / 02 / 2012

I haven't seen many vegan grocery stores, but this one was the biggest. I could not stop shopping, it was basically like heaven. Although most of the food is relatively expensive, it's definitely worth going there. They have pretty much everything that fills a vegan heart with joy. Fruit, veggies, Beans, Noodles, Rice, all average vegan products but also! Vegan cheese, Coconut Ice Cream (been looking for that FOREVER), a bunch of cookies, vegan nutella, chocolate and my new favorite thing: speculoos.

Best parts: Vegan books, DVD's, flyers, cosmetics, soap & stuff, make-up etc.
and it's right next to an amazing bakery that has the same name!

Everything is 100% vegan.

Pros: AWESOME SUPPLIES, Vegan information everywhere, next to vegan bakery
Cons: quite expensive
Ofirroni
Ofirroni

Excellent place.

Posted on 07 / 08 / 2012

Amazing selection fast and delicious food excellent cakes good attitude. a little expensive but high quality

IngridV
IngridV

nice shop but expensive

Posted on 05 / 26 / 2012

I'M a vegan from France always trying to find new vegan food.
As I went to several places I can swear that it is a pretty expensive one.
however it does have a loot of option but pricy

Pros: lot of things, nicely placed
Cons: pricy
hurvinek
hurvinek

a shop and a cafe in one

Posted on 05 / 12 / 2012

I love this place! They have my fav millet-balls with hungarian spices, so yummy! basicly you can buy in the shop everything you need if you are vegan. the staff is friendly, the athmosphere is light and nice.
the little bake-shop/cafe has some wonderful cakes, supergood bagels! and the soft-ice-cream is superb!

Pros: a lot
Cons: nothing
Tara HD
Tara HD

Small but good

Posted on 03 / 13 / 2012

The shop is smaller than I expected but it is, of course, a pleasure to buy groceries there since everything is vegan. They have a wide range of items which are hard (or even impossible) to find anywhere else in Germany. Other vegan items (which you can find in a lot of other supermarkets) are missing though.

Pros: all vegan
beer and veg
beer and veg

Good Store, OK Cafe

Posted on 11 / 16 / 2011

Two parts: Store, Cafe. The store has some items I have not found anywhere else in Berlin, such as Daiya cheese. The focus is on prepared foods, not on ingredients (wheat gluten, etc.) The store also carries lots of fun things and practical enviro things (menstrual cups, etc.). The prices are not cheap, but seem to be on par. It's a great place to drop a chunk of change and enjoy not having to read every blessed label. Four cows. It's not a 'superstore' as some people here state (at least to an American), but it is on the larger side for Berlin.
Updated from previous review on Saturday September 24, 2011

Pros: hard to find items, all vegan, nutritional yeast
Cons: not cheap, chain-market feel
cdrk
cdrk

Happy to see one more vegan superstore.

Posted on 08 / 06 / 2011

Yes, I say one more because, sorry to tell, it's definitely not the first vegan supermarket in Europe... Vegilicious in Dortmund opened a bit before them and is also 100% vegan.
Anyway, very nice store, wonderful pies and cakes, some products a bit pricey if I compare them to some other vegetarian/vegan stores in Berlin (some soya milk brands that you unfortunately can't find in Veganz are nearly twice cheaper in some other stores). I'm happy to see that they sell some products I still had to order on line but they have no vegan razor blades and very few other cosmetics are missing. Don't take me wrong, I may sound a bit negative but I'm not, time has changed and it's great to see that some pure vegan stores open now in Europe too !
Oh, yes, also, finally an organic store in Berlin selling lemons per kilo and not by piece !

Pros: Excellent food, Nice assortiment, Friendly and good looking staff
Cons: Some products a bit expensive
beatlebum
beatlebum

All the vegan treats you could want!

Posted on 08 / 04 / 2011

Veganz is the greatest supermarket! They have anything you could need, whether for cooking or for a quick prepared meal, and you never have to check the ingredients to make sure it's vegan because everything is! I had a small problem with the beets I bought because I'm sure it said red beet, but when I went to make borscht it turned out white! Oh well. But everything else I've bought there has been great. They could maybe add some fun vegan clothes or something if they had space but the grocery aspect is spot on. And I went there when they opened and got a free Veganz organic cotton bag, which I love and use proudly

Pros: all vegan!, Dandies!, Purely Decadent!
Cons: not super central, too much to splurge on

Dear Owner and Manager of Veganz - Wir lieben Leben: