Loving Hut - Vegansky Svet

Part of international chain of vegan restaurants inspired by Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Each location is individual family owned and operated. Opened late 2011, and as of Aug 2013, an official Loving Hut. Lunch buffet offered 11am-3pm. Child friendly, non-smoking. Has menu with food photos. Near Arbesovo Namesti or Svandovo Divadlo tram stops. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, International, Chinese, Asian, Buffet, Fast food

earthville
earthville

Good variety of Asian dishes

Posted on 06 / 25 / 2014

At many Loving Hut franchises around the world, the focus on mock meats is so heavy that whole, unprocessed veggies can be neglected — but not so at this Vegansky Svet location. Here, fauxtein-oriented dishes still take top billing, but there are several dishes featuring broccoli, zucchini, bok choy, etc.

As other reviewers have noted, the lunch buffet is affordable but can be hit-and-miss with regard to flavor. Specifically, i found the noodles and appetizers to be the best, while the curries were the least enjoyable.

The atmosphere is pleasant and service was good.

I wish they offered brown rice as an alternative to white, but so far it seems a lot of Prague has yet to discover the benefits of brown rice.

Pros: Good variety, All vegan
Cons: No brown rice (only white)
kiwiknitter
kiwiknitter

Just ok

Posted on 08 / 09 / 2013

I went to this restaurant twice and it is just ok - barely. The first we we had the buffet and it was ok. Everything is pretty bland and kinda tastes the same but nothing was terrible. I figured if we ordered from the menu it would be better. We went back today and did just that. First the restaurant only had 3 tables of customers, including us, in the middle of lunch! We ordered from the menu. The dumplings, our starter, came out with one of the mains. That's ok, I have eaten many, many Asian restaurants to know that this is normal but then the second main didn't come for at least 20 minutes, well after the other meal was finished. I tried to find the waiter to see if it had been forgotten but he was nowhere about. The dumplings were inedible, undercooked, dry and chewy. Awful. The first main was plain noodles, no sauce, with fried spring rolls and some of the oldest salad I have seen. The salad was too old to eat but the rest of the dish was edible once soy and chilli sauce was added. The pho once it finally arrived was pretty good. The broth had good flavour. It was the best dish I have had there. However it is not as good as most pho at other restaurants when you can get a vegan one. There are no veggies, fresh herbs or sprouts as per normal, just noodles and soy meat. The service was ok. We were charged for plain water which I don't think is ok. It is free out of the tap after all. I don't plan to return to this or any other loving hut, I am tired of the mediocrity of their food, unless really desperate. So boring!

Pros: Non-smoking, All vegan
Cons: Boring bland food, Lack of vegetables
jellybean
jellybean

Good meal - great dessert

Posted on 06 / 08 / 2013

We were in on a Friday evening - no buffet. We had spring rolls and a stir fry.
And a great chocolate dessert. Wanted to go back the next day just for dessert but it didn't work into our schedule.
A little out of the way from the normal tourist spots but we were staying in that part of town so it was perfect.

karine-emma
karine-emma

Very nice !

Posted on 01 / 26 / 2013

I enjoyed this place a lot.Very friendly waiter and "chief";I could feel they really love and care about what they do.
Also I was happy to see the rice-steamer on the buffet! And nice chinese clay tea-pot and teas for sale.Of course good food too!

Bibi Prummel
Bibi Prummel

For the Love

Posted on 09 / 28 / 2012

Very simular to the loving hut. we came in late, but they were friendly enough to re-open the kitchen and made an amazing meal for us. Good food for a super price!

policka
policka

my favourite

Posted on 09 / 04 / 2012

this is for sure my favourite among places of the chain "Loving Hut" - supreme master in Prague. The waitors have a personal attitude, the cooking is one of the best and very cheap. especially the lunch buffet. try their SUSHI!! yummy!!!

Pros: tasty, cheap, very quick
Cons: location
cookiemonster
cookiemonster

Great, not like most "Loving Huts"

Posted on 08 / 14 / 2012

I appreciate the "Loving Hut" places I have been to around the world and, if I am desperate, I do eat at them. I have to say that they are never my first pick. The food is often a little too pre-fab, a little too re-heated, and a little too much mock meat, that and the Supreme Master tv channel that always seems to be on in the background, bugs me enough to taint my eating experience.

I am happy to report, however, that although Vegansky Svet is "inspired by" the supreme master lady, it does not follow the same pattern as the other Loving Huts I've been to around the world. The menu is similar enough (although it includes things like deep-fried tofu balls served with french fries) but there was a subtle difference in quality of food and manner of the place that really made a difference. The food didn't taste pre-fab or just warmed up, it was fresh and good.

So, I definitely recommend this restaurant. There are lots of options on the menu, the fresh spring rolls are great as is the soup I had (a chili tofu one). The prices are good and the portions acceptable. The servers were super good, though didn't really speak english if that's a big issue for you. What can I say, it's a pretty darn good asian mock-meat restaurant.

Pros: Tasty, Fresh
CaroSamsa
CaroSamsa

Try the Hamburger! :-)

Posted on 03 / 10 / 2012

A very cosy and inexpensive restaurant with a nice interior and a wide range of yummy food! My boyfriend and I payed only about 15 € for an appetizer, two big principal meals, two pieces of cake and two drinks. The waiter was very friendly.

Pros: inexpensive and good food, nice staff, cosy
ffflame
ffflame

Nice but empty

Posted on 02 / 08 / 2012

I was the only customer at lunchtime which felt a bit odd. The buffet was OK and the restaurant nice and cozy, more like a cafe by its decor.

Pros: clean, affordable
Cons: empty

Dear Owner and Manager of Loving Hut - Vegansky Svet: