Bronx vegan restaurant selling Caribbean vegan cuisine for take away. Also organic juice bar, and organic grocery store with vitamins, herbs, supplements, and take-out meal service. Counter service only. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Jamaican, Caribbean, Fast food, Take-out, Catering
3565-C Boston Rd (Tiemann)
Bronx, New York 10469
718-653-4140

Open Mon-Sat 8am-6:30pm, closed Sun.

First Review by turtledog
TheGrassIsGreener!
TheGrassIsGreener!

Hidden Gem!

4 Posted on 09 / 04 / 2013

My NOT vegan fiance checked this place out for me. He called me from outside and was extremely skeptical of walking in. I said the reviews I have read were all positive and to check it out. As soon as he walked in, he was in shock! He kept telling me how there was all this great stuff and that I would love it there. He picked me up some patties and tofu fricassee but I wanted everything he said they had hahaha!

jameswebler
jameswebler

Jamacian me hungry

5 Posted on 05 / 06 / 2009

This is a hidden gem on the far side of the Bronx. Friendly service and great food. It is different from most Vegan places that tend to lean toward Asia, this is great Jamacian food. I'm not Jamacian but it was great for a change.
Try it sometime

turtledog
turtledog

A Bronx Treasure

5 Posted on 02 / 23 / 2009

This place is a treasure if you live in the Bronx (not Riverdale). Yes, it's small. The place is mostly a market for grocery staples and they carry things I can't find in my usual health food market. They offer fresh food with a new menu daily. Their menu tells you their mission statement about their "vegan standard." They use only fresh organic ingredients, no salt or MSG, and never any tap water or pre-packaged spice mixes. They really believe in purity because "you are what you eat."

Today we had a vegetable patty and a soy patty. They were delicious. We got the lunch special which we didn't think was overpriced at all considering the quality of their ingredients and you get your choice of two entree proteins and 3 side dishes. We got veggie stew and curried tofu (so gooood) with sides of rice and peas, steamed kale and potato salad.

On other days they offer other vegan specialities, most with a Caribbean flair. They also serve breakfast and dessert. The people who work there are friendly and polite. The place was crowded on a Saturday afternoon but the line moved fast and smoothly.

Given that it's near impossible to find vegetarian/vegan food in the Bronx (heck, you can barely find any healthy food in the Bronx), we are so happy to find this place. It's going to be a regular for us.

Pros: Excellent Food, Friendly Staff, Good Value
Cons: Small, Only Take out

Dear Owner and Manager of Vegan's Delight: