Open Mar 2014. Vegan pub in the Rhur area, also known as Eat without Meat. Menu includes vegan burgers, pizza, hot dogs, sausage, sweet pastries, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, Western, Fast food, Beer/Wine
Breslauer Str. 86
Essen, Germany 45145
0201-87535384

Call for hours - tell us

• Cash only

First Review by zbzdoncorleone
HolgerRaulfs
HolgerRaulfs

solid pick

Posted on 04 / 25 / 2016

Newly opened place in a pub type location, offering pub type beverages and a simple but solid selection of vegan bar food classics. The folk running the place appear to be enthusiastic about animal well-being and fancy the darker type of music. I like it here and will be back. When the food can be taken as serious as the beer, it would definitely raise the level of returning guests.
Updated from previous review on Saturday March 22, 2014

Pros: Casual, Music, Beer
Cons: Food
SunnyFly
SunnyFly

I Love It :)

Posted on 03 / 09 / 2015

Very good! The best vegan gyros

Pros: Friendly Staff, Nice Atmosphere, Fresh Food
tofumond
tofumond

That's one German Kneipe!

Posted on 05 / 28 / 2014

When I first visited I was in awe! So cosy and old-fashioned! Typically German, I'd say! I totally love it! And the food was amazing, too!

And the best thing: my omnivore friends loved it, too!

Veganomat
Veganomat

the first vegan pub in the ruhr area

Posted on 05 / 07 / 2014

after several visits, i can write, that this pub evolved to my favorite vegan fastfood-location in the ruhr area. all kind of food are really delicious and the prices are cheap and absolutely appropriate. at this point i can recommend the vegan döner and the freshly drawn astra. the service is friendly and not overdosed and allways in time. the atmosphere with the metal/punk sound make this place for me everytime to a unforgettable experience.

Pros: delicious, cheep, friendly
TheBierschorle
TheBierschorle

Vegan Pub- Ruhr area style!

Posted on 05 / 07 / 2014

The VeganisierBar is located in a really typical old pub, typical for those in the Ruhr area.
Thats why you can order typical fastfood and beverage of our area: Schimanski Platte (fries with ketchup and mayo and currywurst) and Beer!
The Burgers are also very tasty and they offer each week an additional stew , everything is not too expensive. They have a rather big collection of vegan beverages and the staff is quite friendly, although a little slow sometimes.
All in all I really like going there and can warmly recommend this pub to everyone!

Pros: huge selection of vegan beverages, tasty fast food, easily accessible by tram or bus
zbzdoncorleone
zbzdoncorleone

Interesting atmosphere, Boring food

Posted on 04 / 26 / 2014

This is located in a fairly old pub location, which makes it a bit unusual for a vegan place, I like that. The metal music is fine with me, too, especially as it fits the geographical area very well.
But the staff was slow and a bit insecure at our visit and the food was boring and dull. A gyros pita without a spicy sauce and with very little "meat", but too hard bread and a cheese burger with a convenience patty and an untoasted bun are really not up to today's standards with vegan fast food places all around.

Pros: Atmosphere
Cons: Boring Food Without An Individual Note
    Chaplinesque

The patties are not convenience, but all homemade...

Dear Owner and Manager of VeganisierBar: