Online vegan store providing a wide range of products, including flour, cereal, frozen food, snacks, cosmetics, organic products, and other vegan groceries. Its retails space at C/ Amnesty 6 (and prior to that C/ Jose Maria de Pereda, 17) had shut down per report, Oct 2013. more-less

First Review by Blueberries
reseth79
reseth79

Highly reccomended

4 Posted on 06 / 16 / 2013

Great food and great price ( Saturadys and Sundays - 12 Euros set menu not including drinks but they offer filtered tap water). I am vegan but tend to avoic substitutes of meat or cheese. This time, I must say, I was nicely surprised to tast delicious fake meatballs. Even the person who came with me, who is not even vegan nor vegetarian, enjoyed her meal terribly. I will definitely come back but I will do so on a weekday, when the set menu costs 9.50 Euros (drink included)

They advised me to book because it can get pretty full during the week and told me they close on Wednesdays. I have been reading the other reviews and there seems to be some problems when it comes to finding Vegania open. Maybe it is best to always make a reservation, just in case.

The staff were also really friendly and helpful.

Pros: Great central location, Reasonable price, Great service
Cons: No whole foods
Kolkje
Kolkje

Boutique avec des produits100% vegetariens

5 Posted on 10 / 09 / 2012

Pendant mes vacances l' été passé j'ai acheté des produits très bons.
On y trouve toutes sortes de produits, aussi bien alimentaires que cosmétiques. Ce qui est très bien c'est on y vend aussi des produits alimentaires pour les chiens et les chats. Egalement j'y ai acheté du savon spécial. Cette boutique se trouve près de la station de métro Quintana (ligne 5) et le bus 113 s'arrête tout près. J'ai vu que Vegania ouvrira demain son restaurant. Lors de mon prochain séjour à Madrid je reviendrai.
Je vais aussi dîner au restarant.

Pros: Frienly staff
yopefex
yopefex

• non-vegetarian

100% Recommended

5 Posted on 09 / 05 / 2012

It carries a wide variety of vegan products from bread and cereals to dog and cat food. Staff is helpful and knowledgeable and is very close to metro Quintana. I know I will be coming back!

Anitha
Anitha

Just lovely!

5 Posted on 04 / 10 / 2012

Went to this store today after having read the great review above and i was not disappointed at all!
It's such a cute and amazing store, definitely worth visiting! It's got all the products you need and, like any good store, a lot of tempting products you really don't need, but end up buying anyways :)
I agree that the location is a bit off, but there`s a metro just 2 min from the store.
I happen to live nearby(ish) so i walked there and i don't doubt that i'll be taking that 40 min walk many times again.

It's just one of those places that are worth supporting.

Blueberries
Blueberries

Fantastic!

5 Posted on 11 / 27 / 2010

I really can't recommend this shop highly enough!
It advertises itself as 100% vegetarian but it seems to be all-vegan (I didn't check every single product in the shop but as far as I could see everything was vegan).
It stocks alot of vegan products that I haven't seen anywhere else in the city, including Swedish Glace ice-cream and Fry's and Redwood's brand meat-subs. Also has vegan cakes, packaged meal mixtures (tofu scrambles, taco filling, falafel mixture etc) and a great selection of refridgerated tofu, seitan and tempeh.
It also does alot of eco-stuff, clothes, shoes and the like. I didn't look at the cosmetics/toiletries because the shelf is behind the counter, so I'm not sure exactly which ranges they sell.
It seems to be a vegan activist hub it sells badges and I saw a rack for leaflets.
The only reason I can possibly fathom that this doesn't have any previous reviews is because it's not directly in the tourist centre of the city and therefore people don't want to go out of their way to visit it. However, it's alot more central than it seems. It's really close to Verdaguer metro station, which is only two stops away from Passeig de Gràcia.
Updated from previous review on Saturday November 27, 2010

Pros: All-vegan!, Stocks products other shops don't, Close to the metro

Dear Owner and Manager of Vegania: