Open Feb 2014, a vegan cafe offering food like burgers, voner, langos, pakora, and soup. For dessert the kitchen makes cakes and cookies. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, International, Western, Fast food, Take-out, Bakery
Waldemarstrasse 12
Rostock, Germany 18057

Tue-Fri 11:30am-9:00pm, Sat-Sun 2:00pm-9:00pm

• Cash only

First Review by bhukit-tima

Great for a quick bite

Posted on 11 / 11 / 2015

We woke up late as we usually do while on vacation so we went here to have Friday brunch. There was a sudanese week menu with two dishes, a peanut tomato soup, and vegetables with peanut sauce in a flat bread, and I ordered both, not being sure of the sizes. The soup was definitely the winner of the two, one of the best soups I've had. The whole peanuts in the soup retained their wonderful roasted flavour, and the tofu feta on top was amazing. The one problem is that I was getting full before starting the sandwich. The sandwich was good, but it wasn't as spiced as the soup. It was filled with sweet potato and other root vegetables, which were delicious, but a bit heavy for a sandwich. Luckily my husband was there to help out so that nothing went to waste. He had the Voner with the tofu feta, which was also very tasty. The person next to us had the dipping potatoes, and they looked really good too. They're wide cut french fries that looked really golden and crispy. The seating is limited, as it's a quasi take-out counter, so you might have to share your table. The price to serving ratio is also really good. I found the woman serving us to be friendly.

Pros: very affordable, fast service, large servings
Cons: limited seating

Plastic Cake

Posted on 12 / 06 / 2014

I tried the cherry cake and at first I thought I was eating a piece of plastic cooked into the cake but then I realized that it was part of the base of the cake. Am I missing something here or did this remind me of eating play doh when I was a child? Not inclined to go back and try anything else as the guy who served me looked like he couldn't give a shit and the slice of plastic cake was tiny. At least that was a blessing. :)
Updated from previous review on Saturday December 06, 2014

Pros: It's Vegan, It was the only thing open
Cons: Cake tasted like plastic, Staff not very friendly, Hours on facebook are incorrect

Good food but ...

Posted on 08 / 10 / 2014

Out of dish of the day. Out of potatoes, had to change initial order. Then they realized they were out of avocados so I had to swap ingredients in my burger and cancel the second side I tried getting. Burger with the yogurt sauce was really good though. I assume they ran out of everything due to it being Hanse Sail weekend, the city's biggest event of the year.

4 stars for the taste and giving the benefit of the doubt for lack of ingredients due to the festival (this was the Sunday after)
Updated from previous review on Sunday August 10, 2014

Pros: Food is excellent, Quiet location
Cons: Many ingredients/items unavailable, Not in city center, Small menu

vegan fast food in Rostock

Posted on 05 / 31 / 2014

Now also Rostock has its small vegan fast food cafe. Some burgers, fries and daily specials on the menu. Also some sweets bits and cakes.
Very limited seating capacity.
Located in an interesting suburban area but no central location.
Friendly service, food was nice.

Dear Owner and Manager of Vegangster: