Fully vegan bakery on the 4th floor of the Mercury Ville department store, opened since 2013. Offers a variety of pastries and sweets in addition to coconut ice cream and coffee drinks, waffles and granola in the morning. Try the vegan brownie or cinnamon roll. Also operates a vegan baked goods & orange juice booth at weekend farmers market K-Village at Sukhumvit 26 from 9am-5pm. more-less
4F Mercury Ville, Chitlom BTS, Lang Suan Street

jojoinbrighton
jojoinbrighton

Love, love, love!

Posted on 03 / 03 / 2015

I've already written a whole blog post about how much I love this place but I wanted to review it here too. It's that good! The brownie sundae and the chocolate waffle plate were my favourite things, the whipped cream on both dishes was outstanding, the best I've ever tried by miles. The matcha slice was great too, it reminded me of shortbread. I also loooove that they make vegan bread which is almost impossible to find in Thailand. I tried the pumpkin loaf and it was perfect for a hotel room breakfast with peanut butter and jam.

Pros: Totally delicious!, Conveniently located, Epic whipped cream
aFormerClarity
aFormerClarity

What about bread?!

Posted on 03 / 02 / 2015

As European eating vegan in Thailand there is one thing I miss - bread! My hopes were high when I heard about a vegan bakery. I've only been ones and sure the cakes looked fantastic! And think about having waffles! Next birthday or impress a dairy-provocateur: For sure I'll take them here!

But, I must say I'm disappointed. The bread is some of the worst I've had in Thailand for that price. It's spongy, too sweet (carrot loaf), don't hold together which is compensated by too thick slices. Without coffee it wouldn't go down early morning.

Pros: Location, Variety, Staff is great
Cons: Price, Catering only to down-towners
ElyceStefaniSandri
ElyceStefaniSandri

Dessert lovers dream!

Posted on 02 / 04 / 2015

As a sweets lover this is the best vegan bakery I have been too. So many options, very professional decor and delicious. The desserts were not too sweet and seem to be low sugar as they say. I tried numerous things, my favourite being the waffles! The only thing I was not too keen on was the matcha latte, as it was a little bit too bitter. I hope this place takes off and can open in Australia one day!!

misstracee
misstracee

heaven.

Posted on 02 / 03 / 2015

this place is like heaven. we ordered a banana loaf sundae with banana ice cream and a hot fudge brownie sundae. it was the greatest thing ever. so rich and delicious. we ended up getting cookies and a carrot loaf to take away with us. highly recommended.

Pros: friendly, amazing food, possibly the best bakery in the world
Cons: no wi-fi
kezia
kezia

AMAZING!!

Posted on 01 / 30 / 2015

Since reading about this place on happy cow a few months ago, I couldn't wait to try it. I'm happy to say it met my expectations and more!
Absolutely amazing! they have got the look, feel, design everything down to a T.
To find a totally vegan cake shop/ bakery in Bangkok is a treat for any vegan, and especially one with such as this.

I tried the banoffe cake (delicious) and my partner had the strawberry/chocolate cake, we also took a slice of brownie away. I wish I had, had longer in Bangkok to try everything! I'll defiantly be coming again next time in this part of the world.
I must add that these cakes aren't your usual uninteresting slab of cake, often found in vegan cafes and health food shops. They are beautiful and delicately presented individually wrapper slice of cake, similar to those found at Paris bakeries or artisan cake shops. That normally as a vegan you miss out on, as they are full of cream, egg and other animal products. Luckily at Veganerie you can indulge! :)

Whist in the Veganerie I saw someone who looked familiar to me but I just couldn't place the face. We then got chatting, and after just a few minutes it became apparent I was talking to Eric, founder of Happy cow :) what an incredible coincidence that he was there at the same time as me and in Bangkok! Anyway, it was great to meet him and hang out together.
I was recently made a London ambassador for happy cow so it was a nice surprise to be able to talk in person.
Eric and I both agreed that Veganerie was fantastic and there wasn't really anything they could improve on, other than perhaps having WiFi for customers, and that's it!
I think this place really has something special. I hope to see one day a Veganerie in London, where I think it would be greatly received.

Pros: Excellent Cakes and sweets, Totally Vegan!, Great Location
Cons: No WIFI.
kenvegan
kenvegan

Dessert Heaven

Posted on 01 / 26 / 2015

I am sitting in Veganerie eating the best chocolate brownie I have ever had. Rich, dense chocolate with amazing flavor.

I am now eating a combination of creamy Thai Iced Tea ice cream with passion fruit ice cream with banana slices and topped with a piece of signature Veganerie chocolate. Perfection in both presentation and flavors.

This vegan bakery is easy to find in the top back corner of Mercury Mall.

Every table is full at 2:16 PM, and there is a line of people ordering dessert.

I am not one who orders dessert often, but I had been hearing such great things about this bakery that I wanted to try. Veganerie has exceeded my high expectations, and I highly recommend this world-class bakery and ice cream shop.

Pros: Perfect desserts, gorgeous presentation, stylish restaurant decor
Cons: they could use a quieter Vitamin model
Sterling
Sterling

Wow!

Posted on 01 / 18 / 2015

This was wonderful.
I had the Banoffee Cake, that was super delicious!
And the choc fudge cake -> yummi!
Didn't like the choc chip cookie.
But the Chocolate super fudge yummi extra long name Frappe was wonderful again.
Would like to move into the store.

Gett off the BTS at Chit Lom- Exit 4 to Mercury Center.

Pros: all vegan, delicious, Easy to get there
Cons: Mall -> very cool (Air Condition)
LilacHippy
LilacHippy

A Dream Come True

Posted on 01 / 18 / 2015

This amazing place serves every kind of dessert and sweet thing that you can think of, the bonus is that it is all 100% vegan! A true dream come true. Love it all. Your problem will be deciding upon what to get, because you'll want to try it all and there is so much! Heaven!

Pros: Vegan, Huge choices, Central location
Jrosworld
Jrosworld

So good

Posted on 01 / 17 / 2015

I couldn't understand why I was the only customer here. Perhaps it's being on the 4th floor of this rather quiet shopping mall. But it's so good.

I got the vegan yogurt strawberry chocolate cake, and being vegan has never tasted so good.

Mercury Ville is immediately at the exit of Chit Lom BTS station. Then head up to the fourth floor and you can't miss the illuminated sign.

The large number of staff (considering that I was the only customer) were friendly. There was a lot of choice and it all looked delicious.

What a treat.
Updated from previous review on Saturday January 17, 2015

Chnanis
Chnanis

Heavenly Treats!

Posted on 01 / 11 / 2015

What would you fancy for? Cakes, cookies, waffles, pastries, smoothies, ice-cream and beverages.. All vegan, dairy-free, egg-free, low fat, less sugar and cholesterol-free! There are many varieties for a main meal dessert, after meal dessert, tea time, or whenever you want to treat yourself. Recommend! :)

Pros: Very friendly & attentive owner, Friendly staffs, Tasting samples available for all products
Cons: A bit pricey, Limited choices for tea
Woodruff01
Woodruff01

Treat yourself!

Posted on 01 / 07 / 2015

Spectacular began bakery food - smoothies, pastry, waffles, etc. Not the healthiest vegan food but super yummy tasting treats. Right near the train station.

BellaChu
BellaChu

Amazing!

Posted on 12 / 25 / 2014

Wow, fantastic! Yummy cakes, cookies, ice cream and a few healthier options - oh, and gluten free stuff! Almond milk and soy available for drinks. This was an awesome place to go for dessert on Xmas day! Had gluten free choc fudge cake and coconut ice cream.

Foodhunter
Foodhunter

Friendly and very good stander

Posted on 12 / 20 / 2014

I have vist this place for first time in Bangkok and I already felt in loved with their foods and service.
Very friendly staff. take very good care of me and my family

Pros: Vegetarian , Friendly staff
Cons: Faster service
medus
medus

Pricey but worth it

Posted on 12 / 18 / 2014

The place looks more like a coffee shop than a bakery. Everything they sell looks like it's been done to the point of perfection, and can seem a bit 'sterile' if you're used to more downt-to-earth places. However, Bangkok has little to offer to vegan dessert fans, and Veganerie seems so far to be the only decent (10+ items) option.

Prices of their cakes and shakes range from 120 to 160 baht but the portions are generous and easily make you full. I tried cheese pie and yogurt berry shake, and both were amazing. I wish I could stay in Bangkok longer to explore their menu more, but I have no doubt everything would be very good.

In addition, staff was very friendly, spoke good English and offered food samples when asked.

Pros: tasty, extensive menu, good location
Cons: a bit pricey
Malusi
Malusi

So good!

Posted on 12 / 10 / 2014

Vegan bakery, they do cakes, desserts, ice cream, coffees, smoothies etc. the mall is quite small and swanky, as is veganerie! They have a small seating area and a few tables out on the mall concourse. The cakes all look amazing and incredibly decadent. I tried the red velvet layer cake which was perfection, with coconut and walnut ice cream and a black coffee. It was SOOOO good! Very indulgent and cost 200 baht, so not cheap but definitely worth it. Highly recommend!

Pros: All vegan, Decadent, indulgent and delicious!, Very high standard
Cons: Mall location is pretty sterile, Not the cheapest
Iamcharliebrown
Iamcharliebrown

Vegan Sweets Oasis in BKK

Posted on 12 / 04 / 2014

I was so happy to find this bakery cafe on Happy Cow while planning our trip, especially after realizing how hard it can be to find a vegan latte in this city. The cafe is on the top floor of Mercury Ville mall, near the Chitlom BTS station (not on Google Maps when I visited). They have a very extensive menu of ice creams, smoothies, cake and cookies, plus coffee and of course all is vegan. We stopped here for breakfast and afternoon snacking several times and loved everything we had. They were also very generous to give out samples of anything you cared to try before you order.

vtraveller
vtraveller

WOW- Amazing Find- All vegan Bakery!!

Posted on 11 / 02 / 2014

After reading about this place on HappyCow I rushed over and found that they had only been open for 2 weeks.
It was clear from the first glance that these guys are experienced and talented bakers. The presentation blew me away and left me not knowing what to order first. They offer 8 or 10 kinds of coconut milk based ice creams, about 5 or more cakes/pies, cookies, brownies, and a variety of sundaes and shakes as well as coffee. I had some samples of a few items and everything was yummy.
I opted for a matcha frappe which was perfect and not overly sweet. It included a big scoop of the matcha ice cream which I liked a lot.
I also had brownie and slice of banana loaf. Both were good and had a moist, creamy consistence, not too dry.
I hear they bake daily and also offer breakfast options. I'll definitely make it back there before I leave!

Pros: ALL VEGAN, Yummy treats, Nice place

Dear Owner and Manager of Veganerie - Vegan Bakery Bangkok:

Thank you for being a Plus FRIEND supporter.

There are more ways to promote your business on HappyCow, including:

1. Advertise your large, custom banner on the Bangkok page, or any other regional page
  2. Upgrade to Premium FRIEND status to get a Spotlight Feature in HappyCow's popular e-Newsletter, MooZine. You'll also get generous discounts on any additional advertising

Please email us if you have questions, or to get started today!

Last updated: 2014/11/07