Veganburg - The Grandstand

VeganBurg offers a menu of vegan burgers along with fries, sides, soup and beverages. Burger patties are made from non-gmo soy bean and/or mushroom and uses organic bread. Visit its webpage for other locations. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Western, American, Fast food, Juice bar, Take-out, Delivery

First Review by devilry
Lynnetto
Lynnetto

Fast food burger joint

4 Posted on 09 / 16 / 2013

Hmmm... yes, this is fast food. Indeed. Nonetheless happy to receive more vegetarian joints sprouting up in Singapore.

Specially made the trip after receiving a recommendation from a friend in Shanghai. You can drop on the main road, there is a bus transfer into The Grandstand.

Ended my meal with a vegan brownie & coffee. Nice to have the option to go eggless & milk-less. Hence appreciate.

My mains was a burger. Nice to have the bun with nuts. And "take-away" 2 more for my old folks to try. Skipped the fries after checking with the staff it is not baked.

Presentation way is interesting. Reminds me of old police cadet days with the mess tin.

Many customers did not know how to separate the trash & many "trays" were left above the trash bins. My humble suggestion to Veganburg: redesign the labels for the trash bins? Customers are willing to empty their "trays", just that they didn't know which bin is which. Perhaps use photo? So its pretty direct.

Pros: Vegan
Cons: More veggie pleaseee...
devilry
devilry

Vegan fast food, but fast food nonetheless

4 Posted on 09 / 07 / 2013

Veganburg is good for what it sets out to do, but I don't want to confuse anyone - this is NOT what a healthy vegan meal looks like, and no veg*n or omnivore should ever walk away with that idea.

There is quite a bit of sodium and the food is fried. I would've happily chucked it into my mouth back when I was an omni, but now that my tastes have changed and I'm far more sensitive to these things and enjoy subtler flavours, it's proving a bit overbearing.

Nonetheless, it's a good transition, and it's good if you have any fast food cravings. I can't really remember how conventional fast food tastes like, so I can't draw a comparison, but I do feel like Veganburg would care more about the quality of its ingredients, and so it's still better than, say, McDonald's new vegetarian McAloo tiki.

The vegetables taste fresh, and the patty is mushroom-based, not soy-based, which makes it far more chewy and flavourful.

Anyhow, I shall rate Veganburg based on what it sets out to do, not what I think it should be. If it sets out to be a fast food place, then sure.

Pros: Tastes like fast food
Cons: Tastes like fast food

Dear Owner and Manager of Veganburg - The Grandstand: