Casual place primarily targeted for quick food to-go with a couple small tables for seating. Extensive all-vegan menu, similar to Loving Huts'. Opened Nov 2012 in the former location of defunct The Green Mango. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Vietnamese, Asian, Fast food, Take-out, Delivery, Catering
7625 W Newberry Rd
Gainesville, Florida 32606
352-505-8894

Open Mon, Wed-Thur 11-8pm, Fri-Sat 11am-9pm.

First Review by turntableshred
jbhelms
jbhelms

Fresh, healthy food

5 Posted on 02 / 28 / 2014

Very convenient when traveling on I75. The owner was very nice and I appreciate that he's trying to make a difference by offering healthy, cruelty free food. He's also educating people about healthy food. Our food was excellent, the hot food was hot and the cold food cold. We loved it and we'll be back when we are in the area.

Pros: fresh food, good prices, friendly staff
kjachimecki
kjachimecki

Garden Vemicilli

5 Posted on 02 / 09 / 2014

Vegan2go is a little take out place, but if you have the time to sit down, order one of the noodle bowls. They are tasty and huge for a great price.

potatocake
potatocake

My Favorite Vegan Restaurant!

5 Posted on 01 / 07 / 2014

Absolutely love Vegan2Go! The food is incredible and the owners are wonderful. The owners are 100% vegan and all the food is 100% vegan. If you are a student you get a 10% discount!! This discount helps me a lot because I eat at Vegan2Go several times a week. Also, check out their weekly meal plans. Raw and cooked vegan weekly meal packages are offered for those who can't always cook. The packages contain a weeks worth of vegan mains, sides, soups, and some desserts!

I've tried almost everything on the menu and have never been disappointed. Highlights: Summer Rolls (served w/ yummy peanut dipping sauce), Philly Sub (bbq TVP on a tasty fresh baked vegan baguette), Specialty Curry Rice (brown rice option makes this dish superb), Heavenly Salad (it is really heavenly), and the best ever RAW cashew cheesecake!

Vegan2Go serves the best food in Gainesville.

Pros: Owners & Restaurant are 100% Vegan, Amazing food, Weekly Meal plans
Cons: Wish it was next to my apartment!, Limited seating/parking
annaegel
annaegel

Good food

4 Posted on 11 / 10 / 2013

The place is not condusive to a sit down meal. There is limited seating options (5 tables seating 10 people).

The menu has mostly an Asain flair, though I did see someone eating vegan pizza. We shared the summer rolls with a peanut sauce. I had the Specialty sub (too much "meat", but I enjoyed and saved some for later). My daughter had the stir fried rice that she really enjoyed. My daughters nonvegan friend had the wonton soup that she also enjoyed. I ordered a Thai tea (too sweet for me), my daughter acai smoothie (it was okay). We shared the pumpkin cheesecake and a chocolate cheesecake. We did not like the pumpkin cheesecake as much as the chocolate cheesecake. I would go here again for a meal to go.

Pros: Good food, reasonable price, friendly owner
Cons: small, fast food decor, small store
OmShantih
OmShantih

Delicious Food & Loving Owners!!!

5 Posted on 09 / 28 / 2013

Vast assortment of excellent tasting vegan food, and owners use organic, non-GMO ingredients too!!! The raw chocolate vegan cheesecake was phenomenal. We will happily return anytime we're paying through Gainesville!!!

Pros: Vegan, Organic, Non-GMO

realguy123
realguy123

Awesome food and super nice people

5 Posted on 08 / 08 / 2013

Was passing through Gainesville and stopped here with my dad. We enjoyed a great vegan meal. A diverse menu, with everything from Asian to American-style food. The food was outstanding and I would strongly recommend you give it a try. Closed on Tuesday.

dalikamikaze
dalikamikaze

Great Vegan Food!

5 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2013

I am so happy to have found this restaurant right off of I-75! My family lives in Ocala, FL, and I live in Chattanooga, TN, so you can imagine that every trip I take to and from includes a stop at this restaurant. The vegan cheesecake, and the veggies in tamarind sauce with rice noodles are my two favorite dishes. Good Kale chips as well. Great service, great philosophy of the owners as they approach making and sharing their food. If you are vegan, vegetarian, or you just love food, stop here. You won't be disappointed, and you'll probably want to go again. They also give a 10% student discount.
Updated from previous review on Sunday July 21, 2013

Chucky
Chucky

Paradise Right Off Of I-75 in Gainesville

5 Posted on 05 / 28 / 2013

According to our Happy Cow search, Vegan2Go one of the few vegan restaurant choices in Gainesville (surprisingly). Lucky for Tiffany and myself that we learned about it before heading up to Gainesville over the weekend.

After a quick trip to Trader Joe's to check out the plethora of vegan food options, we were hungry and entered the address for Vegan2Go in our Garmin. Our GPS told us how to get there but Chucky simply doesn't speak "GPS". After getting there an extreme round about way we found ourselves staring at I-75 when we pulled in at 11:00 on a Saturday.

Wow! What a menu and what selections! Sooo difficult so we chose Noodle Combo #1 and Royal Soup to share. Oh yeah... we also grabbed a bag of Hot & Sour sun-dried kale chips (yummy!). Then there was the refrigerated vegan jerky in the cooler calling our names.

As I sat awaiting delivery of our food I could not help but notice the beautiful pictures on the walls of the dishes. Thinking to myself, "No way can the food be this attractive and healthy looking." but I was proven wrong when David delivered our meals to the table. Actually... perhaps I was right because the meals looked even BETTER! :)

Delicious. Healthy. No signs of oily residue. Portions are generous and ample. Both Tiffany and I felt good eating the meals and felt full but not overly stuffed.

Typical Asian noodle dishes lean towards the oily side. Not so for Vegan2Go. The noodles were fine rice noodles with pieces of cabbage and thin strings of carrot. Cooked to perfection (not overly cooked and packed with taste). The skewer was moist, juicy and delicious. Perfectly seasoned. The Summer Roll? Shredded cabbage, strings of carrot, tofu, mung bean and jicama. Umm, umm!

Not to be outdone but the soup was spectacular. Do yourself a favor and visit on a Saturday (the only day it's available). Killer flavor with fresh ingredients. Vegan2Go packs a lot of delectable morsels into the soup and it's plenty to share.

Yes ~ I will be back. Over and over and over again. Cannot wait for Vegan2Go to expand down towards the Orlando area!

It's just off of I-75 on the West side of W Newberry Road. Going North on I-75 get off onto We Newberry and head West. About 1/4 mile on the South side of the street. It's in a tiny plaza (3 businesses) but their sign clearly marks the location.

You will NOT be disappointed. Gainesville... you suckers are a very lucky lot of folks. Sign me envious in Orlando, okay?

Pros: Fresh vegan, Healthy ingredients, Properly cooked (sans fats and oils)
Cons: Not in Orlando area, I forgot to grab some To Go, Cannot make it back quick enough
norag
norag

Delicious!

5 Posted on 05 / 16 / 2013

Food is delicious and fresh! I'm only in Gainesville infrequently, but let me tell you I WILL be back, just for some of the delicious garden rolls. Best vegan cheesecake I've ever had, as well -- closest thing to NY style you'll find. Well worth the trip!

Pros: wonderful food, good service
Cons: seating too limited
simpsoncan2
simpsoncan2

Fantastic Quick Vegan Meal!

4 Posted on 04 / 15 / 2013

Service A+
Food A+
Location A+
Price A+

I have always wished there was a convienent Vegan eatery off of Interstate 75 between Orlando and the Interstate 10 intersection and my wish has been granted! Unfortunately I commuted from Dothan Alabama to Orlando 2-3 times per month for almost 2 years and the month after my trips cease, Vegan2go opens.

But in a recent random trip to Gainesville I searched HappyCow for a nearby eatery and found this place, so I gave it shot. I was excited to find them just off the interstate. Service was fantastic; friendly and quick. I ordered the Combo #1: BBQ skewer, rice, and spring roll; and it was great! I wish there was a location near my office in Lake Buena Vista, I would be a regular no doubt (hint hint). The BBQ skewer was a meat substitute similar to a fajita steak strips, but on a skewer with sesame seeds and two sauces on the side (Peanut and Sweet/sour). I, probably like most, do not like mock meats for a multitude of reasons. Taste, texture, the "am I really trying to fool myself" mentality, etc. So I just don't eat them. But I still like to try new things and this didn't disappoint. Give it a shot!

Pros: Location, Service, Price/Taste
mysianne
mysianne

just perfect.

5 Posted on 03 / 31 / 2013

I discovered Vegan2go on a road trip that brought my mom, my sister and me through Gainesville. I am the only vegan in the bunch, but they thoroughly enjoyed what they ordered: smoothies and spring rolls (to the point of raving about them every couple of hours when we got back on the road). My sister doesn't like mushrooms, but no one told her they were in there and she was equally impressed. And the smoothies are made with agave and almond milk, SO.... the taste was sweet and light and very fresh.

My curry rice was absolute heaven.... Not spicy, which is good to me because I like a sweeter curry. And the vegetables (sweet potatoes, YUM) and seitan were soft but nowhere near mushy. I ate it in like 2 minutes and then thought about licking the dish.

On the way out, I grabbed a raw brownie and a raw cheesecake slice and ate them on the road. I almost had to pull over because the tastes were so incredible my head almost exploded. The brownie was moist and super chocolatey (but not the kind that makes you wish it was less so) and a teeny bit salty (again, in a GOOD way) and nutty and earthy. It was absolutely delicious. The cheesecake was airy and almost floral and lemony with a delectable coconutty crust. I basically wanted to eat 12 pieces.

To top all of this off, the owner and his wife (the cook!) were genuinely happy, nice, funny, humble and passionate. I want to go here every week. But I live in Chicago. Come to Chicago, Vegan2go!!!! We LOVE you!!!

Pros: yum, great service, amazing desserts
Cons: not in Chicago
Jennycraig
Jennycraig

MUCH GRATITUDE FOR THIS PLACE

5 Posted on 02 / 25 / 2013

They cook with the non-GMO foods, which is a plus for me! Conveniently located off of interstate I 75, the exit for the Gainesville mall. I ordered the Philly sub and vegetable soup, and my husband ordered the curry and brown rice. Everything was outstanding, but if I was forced to pick one, the sub would win. They also prepare weekly meals that you can pick up! I'm going to try it out, and paying shipping costs to delivery to my home, 2 hours away. That's how yummy this food is!

Pros: non gmo foods, variety and vegan dessert, friendly owner
melade108
melade108

I love vegan2go

5 Posted on 01 / 29 / 2013

This is the only vegetarian/vegan restaurant in Gainesville. As a vegetarian student going to UF, Vegan2Go is a very nice place to go. I got the noodle combo #2 which comes with mung bean noodles, summer roll, spring roll, and vegan chicken. I loved everything that I ate. I received my food within about five minutes. The owner is very nice and dedicated to providing Gainesville with worry-free vegan food. Dining in is available, however I would not recommend it for a date. It is best to call ahead with your order and pick it up. I recommend vegan2go to vegetarians/vegans and carnivores too!

Pros: excellent food, all-vegan, friendly staff
Cons: small location, no ambiance
saumya108
saumya108

Vegan2Go good place for fast vegan food

5 Posted on 01 / 28 / 2013

I went there with my wife and we were greeted by a friendly man who seemed to be the owner. I think he is Buddhist and runs his place on dharmic principles. We had rice noodles and a summer roll, which was good. If you are a Hindu concerned about ingredients, I believe all the ingredients (and the owner) are sattvic people. Jaya Radhe!

Pros: food , owner, location
Cons: small, no atmosphere
Hanseat
Hanseat

Very friendly

4 Posted on 12 / 27 / 2012

We went with the family and really liked the owner. The food was low salt, which I liked, and if you like it saltier you may ask for soy sauce. It took about 3 minutes to get our order, so if you are in a hurry or on a lunch break this is the place to go. We tasted many items and especially liked the curry, the spring and summer rolls and the fake chicken drumsticks. Good place and good people.

Pros: Very friendly
BrunoGiri
BrunoGiri

what a tasty surprise on a road trip

5 Posted on 12 / 22 / 2012

I found this restaurant on my way to Orlando and it was such a nice experience. They have a nice selection of tasty dishes and I enjoyed the curry rice and pumpkin soup. The owner was so friendly and geniune and I promised to spread the good word about this place. I will definitely go back when I make this drive in the future. Go Vegan!!

turntableshred
turntableshred

quick and tasty vegan food

5 Posted on 12 / 07 / 2012

Vegan2Go is Gainesville's only all vegetarian restaurant. The owner is a wonderfully effusive character who is dedicated to providing healthy vegan food and quick service. Located in the former Green Mango, the restaurant has undergone a renovation and looks much cleaner. Unlike Green Mango, there were several staff working when we went there and we were treated really well.

Pros: quick service, vegan only, friendly staff
Cons: location

Dear Owner and Manager of Vegan2Go: