CLOSED: Vegan World

Casual vegan Thai food restaurant operating since summer 2009. Extensive menu featuring American as well as Thai food. Breakfast burritios, wraps, noodles, veggie and faux meat stir frys, Thai curries, brown rice, desserts, and more. Bargain lunch specials daily. Seats 20+. Parking in the lot provided. FALL 2015 REPORTED SHUT, REPLACED BY NON-VEG KIN SEN RESTAURANT. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, American, Organic, Thai, Fast food, Delivery, Take-out
11044 Ventura Blvd (Vineland)
Studio City, California 91604
818-985-9544

Mon-Sun 11:00am-10:00pm

First Review by alyssa
mt19
mt19

Nice

Posted on 11 / 07 / 2015

Lots & lots of options on the menu, many different types of foods. We didn't have any problems with service, they were friendly, willing to change dishes around. Food was pretty good, serving sizes are spot on so your full without being too full.
Though the surroundings were a bit sketchy but once inside everything is good.

LeySauce
LeySauce

new management

Posted on 11 / 04 / 2015

very fee changes have been made but still tasty. I've had all the curry dishes. loved everyone. Must have from this place is a Palm Juice.

Pros: all vegan, nice staff
Goldstar
Goldstar

Thai Fusion Vegan Oh Wow

Posted on 08 / 01 / 2015

Wow!!! what a glorious place to have dinner. When you walk into the restaurant you feel that you are right in the motherload of the kitchen. Good smells, and great care and love in the preparation. A bunch of us ladies showed up for a night out, and we were totally surprised. There were so many incredible choices, and the deeper we got into the evening experience, with food sharing, good conversation, the surprise of new flavors, and great service, we realized that this was "Soul Food", and that we were being nurtured by the whole experience. Also made us realize the bunch of us Zaftig ladies, that we could full our bellies with outrageously good food, and yet not go crazy with fattening faire. We are gonna come back again and again.

Updated from previous review on Saturday August 01, 2015

Pros: excellent food, homey atmosphere, exotic flavors

cbfricker3
cbfricker3

good prices, good people

Posted on 06 / 19 / 2015

yummy vegan food and very nice family. my daughter used to live in the neighborhood and we could walk there for dinner. nice vibe. we will go there whenever we are in LA.

Pros: prices and flavor
Iniliza
Iniliza

Not a good experience

Posted on 03 / 03 / 2014

One of the worst restaurants I've been to, since we enter the restaurant we noticed that the service was terrible, the person that took our order was very rude and had a very bad attitude, we decided to stay because we wanted to try the food, we try the mushroom soup and the spicy lime fish and both were terrible, the fish was super salty and the soup was just horrible, it was overall a very bad experience, I wouldn't recommend this place to anybody.

Pros: I didn't see any pros
Cons: Bad service, Bad food, Bathroom was dirty
JacquelinexoBABY
JacquelinexoBABY

UNPROFESSIONAL. DISSAPOINTED IN SERVICE

Posted on 05 / 10 / 2013

I used to get food from this place all the time because it is conveniently located a few minutes from my home. This last time I went I found myself chewing on something so hard that it almost chipped my tooth! I told the workers and they simply threw the object away and said they would give me my meal for free. But get this. I leave a few minutes later and the waitress comes outside running toward us with the bill. They actually made me pay! And by then it was too late to take a picture of this strange mystery object. Needless to say I will NEVER BE BACK. Completely rude, unsanitary and unprofessional.
Updated from previous review on Friday May 10, 2013

Pros: delicious thai iced tea& cheap Kombucha, convenient location , never crowded
Cons: terrible service & unsanitary , no gluten free options. dirty restroom, found rock in food w/o getting a refund
Neag
Neag

Good

Posted on 03 / 16 / 2013

I really liked this place. I had the Pad Woon Sen without mushrooms or onions and it was delicious. The prices are reasonable and the service was excellent. Definitely has my seal of approval and I will certainly be back. Just to be clear I did not have mushrooms and onions in my food because I do not like them not that they are disgusting or anything from this place. Just I do not happen to like them is all.

petaleeli
petaleeli

there are others in the area better

Posted on 02 / 17 / 2013

Pros: flavor blends and tastes are good
Cons: while price is decent, portions are smaller than other similar restaurants in the area, and they seem to be unable to adapt or understand special requests like adding or leaving out an item, atmosphere leaves something to be desired, and parking is a challenge, adjacent to a store where people seem to hang out and smoke outside

Pros: good flavor blends, decent price
Cons: small portions, difficult parking, challenged by changes
Chia
Chia

Flavorful Food and Good Value

Posted on 09 / 09 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow when it first opened, and here's my Vegan World review.

When I had first heard about the opening of yet another Thai vegan place in the greater Los Angeles area, I was a little hesitant to check it out, just because I've been to most of them already... but I was happy to have tried Vegan World.

The set up is simple, nothing fancy, but comfortable enough. The menu is extensive and very similar to The Vegan Joint's (Culver City area of Los Angeles). The chef/owner, in fact, used to work at there and had decided to venture out on her own to start Vegan World.

The food bursts of flavors--sweet, salty, spicy, tangy--very much in the tradition of authentic Thai cuisine. Instead of meat in a dish, Vegan World offers tofu, faux chicken/beef/fish, and vegetable.

My friend and I shared a spicy noodle soup (very tasty), a Pad Thai (sweet with slight tang), and a red curry lunch special which came with a serving of brown rice, side salad, and a fresh (not fried) spring roll (delicious and good value). We finished our meal with a coconut (cold and refreshing), a carrot cupcake white coconut frosting (moist and sweet), and a date bar (flaky on top, gooey inside, yum).

Overall, my food experience at Vegan World was excellent. My only suggestion for improvement would be to enliven the interior of the restaurant to make it more inviting.

Pros: good prices, nice presentation and taste, quick service
KATIE H
KATIE H

so glad we found this place

Posted on 03 / 18 / 2011

nothing fancy but good service and vegan eats in ventura. have been around 5 times now. easy parking and good prices. even converted some of my meat eating friends to come for the healtier option with this place :) thats gotta be a good sign. i would eat there again.

Pros: good food, good service, easy parking
Cons: nothing fancy
alyssa
alyssa

Glad to Have Another Vegan Restaurant

Posted on 03 / 01 / 2010

My husband and I were on our way to Sun Power Natural last night, when we discovered that they are closed on Sundays. :( Having never been to Vegan World before we decided to give it a try. We figured it would be yet another vegan Thai place, but we always like the food at those places, so what the heck? Once we finally found parking on a side street, we went in and almost got food to go as it was cold and the door was open at 6:30 at night. They closed the door and it was much better so we sat down at one of few tables. It wasn't busy, so we had our choice of tables. Not much in the way of decor save the little "fountain" in the middle of the restaurant. Print-outs of the food with hand-written labels were tacked up behind the register. We ordered from the menus at our table. I decided on the spicy noodle soup, medium spiced, and hubby got the teriyaki beef. Be warned: although they have many "American" dishes on the menu, they are totally Thai when it comes to spice. There were many red pepper flakes floating in my noodle broth. The soup was very tasty with lots of bean sprouts, and their faux fish was great, but overall, it was just a little too spicy for my taste. My husband's dinner was fantastic! The rice was a combination of red and black rice and the sauce was unique, not the overly-sweet, corn syrup-laden stuff we're served all too often. The "beef" was very tender and the broccoli was steamed perfectly. The woman who served us was very sweet and attentive and brought me many napkins as my nose was running. After our meal, she even brought us one of their new coconut pancakes to sample. It was to die for! I will definitely order a plate of them next time. So, give this place a try! If you have an American palate, order things mild. And, please, if you are tired of traditional Thai/Chinese food, order pancakes or salad or something else. We have to keep vegan restaurants and their hard-working owners in business. Every neighborhood needs one. I should know as I live in Burbank, where they are non-existent.

Pros: yummy food, cheap, nice people
Cons: parking, decor

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Vegan World: