Vegan shop selling shoes, boots, sandals, belts, bags, wallets, and other vegan accessories. more-less

Mon-Sat 11:00am-5:00pm

First Review by phraser

High quality vegan footwear

Posted on 08 / 16 / 2015

I now have four pairs of Vegan Wares shoes, and have also bought a few accessories here too.

All of the shoes cost significantly more than I've paid for shoes from anywhere else, but they've been worth it. The ones that have had the most wear have been through 2 winters now with a fair bit of summer wear as well, and despite zero maintenance, they look almost new. All the other shoes are holding up really well also. They're all as comfortable as can be expected for the style, and my flat shoes are truly comfortable. I have a wider-than-average foot, and buying shoes has always been a frustrating and depressing experience. Now I just pick the shoes I want (after saving my pennies), and if they're not wide enough, I can get them made a little wider. I love having the freedom to choose colours, and you can choose to have matching or contrasting stitching as well.

I haven't needed to have any repairs done yet, but the sole on my brother's pair was coming away, and they re-glued them for free.

The staff are all really friendly and helpful too.

The shoes are expensive, but you really get what you pay for.

Pros: Customisable, Great staff, Excellent quality
Cons: Not cheap

Posted on 11 / 19 / 2014

I've bought a few pairs of shoes from here over the years, but they are already very expensive and becoming more expensive. I purchased a pair of red Mavis shoes but after only a couple of wears they scuffed only to reveal black underneath which was very obvious. I tried using the red paint to paint them but it wasn't working so I took them in for repair. They did work on them to re-do them in another reddish colour but I could still see the black underneath and after another wear, were damaged again. This doesn't happen with my other shoes. I can't wear them and after paying $200+ so I'm rather annoyed. I do find all of my shoes from there also retain the smell from my feet. On a positive note the shoes (in black) have lasted but I won't be buying any shoes from them again. Disappointing as I'd like to support a small vegan business.

Pros: the material itself lasts
Cons: expensive, shoes smell like feet

Great Quality, Great Service, At A Price

Posted on 09 / 15 / 2014

I love this place. I often walk inside just to browse. I own a few of their products, and have been completely satisfied. I brought in a well worn pair of their hiking boots that were coming apart slightly at the sole, and they repaired them without question, free of charge. They didn't even ask to see a receipt. There is no question that you pay a premium here, but there are few better examples of "you get what you pay for". I'll be back for more.

Pros: Amazing Quality , Amazing Service , Vegan Shoes!

Great range and customer service.

Posted on 10 / 04 / 2013

Good range, incredibly helpful staff (ran upstairs to dig through the stock room for me to see if they could find the right size).
They will custom-make if you have hard-to-fit feet.

They make a proportion of their products in house! Yay local economy.

Unfortunately, they are quite expensive, prohibitive if you are on a tight budget. However, if you need a pair of dressy shoes for work, or if you're not on a tight budget and want some fashion shoes, definitely check them out!

Pros: Very friendly, helpful staff, Good range of shoes
Cons: Expensive

Dear Owner and Manager of Vegan Wares: