A small and cozy vegan restaurant in the Old Town of Tallinn. Menu has gluten free and raw options, fresh smoothies, juices and cakes of the day. Free wi-fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Raw, Juice bar

First Review by Vera Peres
Elceha
Elceha

Fantastic gourmet vegan restaurant

5 Posted on 08 / 29 / 2014

This place is heaven for any vegan and I'm sure lots of meat-eaters would enjoy it too.

It's the finest vegan restaurant I've ever been to (have only been interested in vegan food for 3 years though) and I recommend anyone close to Tallinn to come here and discover this gem.

Apart from being vegan they offer a limited selection of raw dishes.

The starter platter and the desert were simply fantastic. I wouldn't have minded some more spice in the main course but that's really the most negative thing I can say about this restaurant.

There are not so many tables so it could be a good idea to book ahead. When we arrived there was only one free table at 2pm.

Pros: The best vegan food I've ever had, Attentive & very friendly staff, Excellent value for money
Cons: Not so many tables
Joa
Joa

A must go!

5 Posted on 08 / 29 / 2014

Yes it is currently the only vegan restaurant in Tallin but also one of the best I went to so far offering a pleasant decoration, a varied menu and well presented food which tastes awesome. The staff was also very friendly on the day of my visit (a couple of weeks ago). Also relatively inexpensive regarding the quality and the atmosphere of the restaurant.
Updated from previous review on Friday August 29, 2014

Pros: taste and presentation of the food, staff (friendly + speaks perfect english, good price quality relation
LillaMy
LillaMy

excellent!!

5 Posted on 08 / 22 / 2014

I had dinner in this restaurant last 4th of August -I had booked a table beforehand.
The place was beautiful, simply decorated with really good taste, with a calm and nice atmosphere. The staff were very friendly and helpful. They served cold water with lime and mint, which looked beautiful, and some really nice bread with olive oil while I waited for my food.
I chose two raw starters: the veggie salad with noodles with tahini and orange dressing and the beetroot ravioli. Both were EXCELLENT! the noodle salad came in a very generous portion, the noodles were made of zuchinni and turnip and the dressing was creamy and simply delicious, nicely decorated with a wedge of dehydrated orange and bicolour sesame seeds. The ravioli were even better!! the beetroot was very finely cut and had been marinated, and the cashew cheese filling was absolutely mouth watering, one of the best I've ever had.
As dessert I had the raw cashew cream with backthorn marmalade: amazing! it was an amazing combination of sour and sweet and beautifully looking.
While I ate I observed they had some cookbooks and colouring pencils, which I though was a cute detail :) I took a look at a raw food book they had which looked amazing -although it was in Estonian so I couldn't really read it!
The prices were great, at least more than reasonable! the two starters plus the dessert added up to 12 euros.

I give Vegan Restoran V a very well deserved rating of 5 cows!!

Pros: excellent food, great location&beautiful place, friendly and helpful staff
Cons: absolutely none! only book beforehand!

Blondie
Blondie

Amazing food!

5 Posted on 08 / 12 / 2014

My boyfriend and I were very lucky to get a table, because the restaurant is rather small and clearly very popular - most tables were already taken or reserved.
Food was delicious!!!
I also liked they have fresh juices or smoothies.
Staff was very friendly!

Pros: small terrace outside, staff speaks English very well!
Cons: small restaurant, so better book a table
CLRtraveller
CLRtraveller

My new favourite vegan restaurant in the world

5 Posted on 08 / 10 / 2014

The restaurant (in late June-early July) was packed between 1:00-2:30 pm – you’re lucky to get a table between 12-3 pm if you don’t have a reservation, and there's a longer wait for meals to arrive. I'm glad to see this place so popular. Open 7 days a week at 12 noon.
I ate here several times during my 18 days in Tallinn, and I tried many different items from the menu.
Menu: Interesting-sounding starters from €3,20-6,00, the latter for a snack platter of fava bean/mushroom pâté, fried tofu, cucumber cups with cashew crème, grilled zucchini with cashew cheese, sundried tomatoes and olives. Three soups, €2,80-3,50, including yellow beet with lentils and chestnut. Seven entrees, €4,90-7,80: spaghetti and lentil balls, chickpea burger, chili, stuffed zucchini and warm broccoli salad with tahini orange sauce, spicy tofu and quinoa with peanut sauce, curry, white-bean potato balls and two small (beer-infused Israeli) couscous inside grilled cabbage rolls with carrot & celery root purée and mustard sauce for 7,80. You can request complimentary bread and oil. Desserts, €3,00-3,70: cashew crème with sea buckthorn marmalade, avocado coconut pudding with date caramel and strawberry-mint salad (best dessert ever!), cupcakes. Wines. Beers, including an Estonian rye ale and a couple of organic beers. (Mikkeller, two IPAs by De Molen, organic Saison Dupont, a Latvian beer, two Icelandic beers, organic pear cider.) Coffees, teas, spirits, fresh pressed juice of the day. Four of the seven mains are GF; all three soups are GF (one raw).
I really enjoyed the potato balls meal. The veg-noodle salad (raw) has a nice light tahini-orange dressing (noodles were (raw) bean sprouts and spiralized carrot, zucchini and something white like endive).
Usually there was mellow music playing. Pleasant young women staff. Very reasonable prices. I even like the toilet.
Since I'd read that wait staff in Estonia earn a low wage, I tipped well. They deserved it.

Pros: all vegan, pleasant staff, delicious and creative food
Cons: No decaffeinated coffee., Opens only at noon, wish it was earlier.
juhae
juhae

How to do it right

5 Posted on 08 / 09 / 2014

Visited a few days ago, and was not disappointed. We were forewarned a table reservation might be necessary as the restaurant is quite popular (which, of course, is a great thing!), but managed by luck to get a table inside.

The staff was very friendly, yet professional, and the meals... oh boy. I'd really wish there's be more restaurants like this with a combination of laid-back, no-hassle environment and absolutely fantastic meals. (Looking at the photos from a few months back, we definitely had bigger portions.)

Heartily recommended!

Pros: friendly staff, big portions, great atmosphere
veggiebreeze
veggiebreeze

The Only Game In Town...

3 Posted on 08 / 06 / 2014

This is the only vegan restaurant in Tallinn (although others offer a limited vegan choice here and there) so you have to like it. The first time I tried to go, I was not able to get a table and it was raining so I could not sit outside (where, BTW, smoking is allowed to waft over you as you try to enjoy your food). I was luckier the next day and got a table inside for lunch. The entree was over salted, the fruit juice was more of a puree than a liquid and the dessert was tasty. But it's the only game in town so, if you're vegan, here is where you'll want to eat.

Pros: Great location, Friendly staff with English, Dessert
Cons: Over salted food, May not get a table, Smoking permitted at outside tables
axolot
axolot

Exceptional

5 Posted on 07 / 24 / 2014

An exceptional restaurant with incredibly good vegan food and personnel that is extremely helpful, friendly and service oriented.
Unfortunately, it's advisable to reserve a table in advance (Good for the restaurant). You can not book tables outside though.

The menu is available in English and the prices are very good. The size of the portions is adequate. The drinks are really expensive though.

Great place. We are going there again tomorrow. :) omnomnom

Pros: Food, Service, Ambience
Cons: Reservation required
Emmanutelle
Emmanutelle

Very good vegan restaurant in the old-town

5 Posted on 07 / 24 / 2014

The restaurant is located in the heart of the old-town of Tallinn and has a nice little outdoor-seating. The interior is also very cozy and clean. We enjoyed a mixed starter plate, which was very good and after that we had a burger with oven-baked vegetables (I definitely recommend this dish!) and a spicy tofu dish with vegetables and peanut-sauce (I definitley recommend this dish, too!).
Prices are moderate and absolutely correct.

Pros: excellent food, moderate prices, nice location
Cons: small outdoor-seating
Delphinus
Delphinus

Delicious meal

5 Posted on 06 / 30 / 2014

We visited on a Saturday night along with our meat eating friends and my daughter. Thankfully we had reserved a table as the place was very busy and we wouldn't have got in. We were served by the delightful Laura, who was very efficient and spoke perfect English. For starters we had the sharing platters and Mint Pea soup, with delicious herb bread, all very well presented and tasty - especially the cucumber cups with cashew cream. Main we had the delicately flavoured Yam and Coconut curry, which was truly delicious, my daughter loved her spaghetti and lentil balls. For desert the scrummy Cashew cream and Seabuckthorn marmalade,my daughter had a fabulous cupcake, followed by delicious Vana Tallin liquor. I can honestly say this was by far the most delicious Vegan restaurant meal I have ever eaten. The meat eaters were very satisfied and astonished at how cheap the meals were. I wish we were staying in Tallin longer I would eat there every night!

Pros: Service, Food, Prices
Cons: Need to book
Minni
Minni

Good food, beautiful location

5 Posted on 06 / 09 / 2014

This is a must for a vegan traveller in Tallinn. The food is good and fresh, I especially enjoyed their cashew cream, delicious! Some portions were a little bit on the small side, but that can't be said for their vegan cakes and desserts. Yummy! I'll definitely be back.

As others have pointed out, make a reservation or go early, it's super popular.

Pros: good, fresh food, awesome desserts
Cons: small place, gets crowded
nikom
nikom

Gourmet

5 Posted on 06 / 01 / 2014

The best vegan restaurant I've ever eaten in. I ate the full course there yesterday and it was all just super tasty. All the dishes were very well thought of and prepared. Lots of flavours and nuances for the taste pleasure.

The dishes are very affordable although they could be a tad bigger (the burgers served to the next table were big!). But since I ate the the full course, I left there my stomach full and with a smile on my face.

I would recommend this place for everyone regardless if your a vegan/vegetarian or not. Don't miss the avocado coconut pudding for the dessert!

Pros: Super tasty and all vegan!, Lots of mouth watering options, Really nice atmosphere and lovely staff
beachbum
beachbum

great place in heart of the old town

5 Posted on 05 / 20 / 2014

Very nice place right in the centre of the old town, great menu, food is delicious, chilled setting, only downside is that its small and not always easy to get a table so book ahead if possible

Merryaurora
Merryaurora
  • herbivore

The New Favorite in Tallinn!

5 Posted on 05 / 20 / 2014

Not a bad word to say! When I got there after mid-day, there were free seats to take over, which enabled my extempore moment for some coffee to be quite a success.

Price-level is just great, slightly higher than in the average, dull non-veg places, but still below the average European restaurant prices, I'd say. Anyways, I felt bad after paying only 9 euros for the double-espresso, huge cupcake, and the smoothie-of-the-day, since for such a concept as this restaurant I would have loved to pay some more and support the great effort they have put in it and pulled it all out so successfully!

Pros: A great variety, all vegan, 100% tasty!, Lovely staff, Amazing, comfy interior
Cons: Not an extempore place, requires booking
Pinch of PJ
Pinch of PJ

Yes, we will be back!

4 Posted on 05 / 09 / 2014

Food looked delicious, tasted amazing.

When the 'Cucumber rolls with spicy carrot cashew crème' arrived at our table, we were impressed by the presentation. The taste matched the look and there was a small fight to ensure we both got our share of this dish.

We had a similar experience with each of the other 10 dishes we have now enjoyed from the menu.

The restaurant is in the Old Town of Tallinn in a well restored building that gives a feeling of history together with a sense of new life.

Chilled music added to the comfortable atmosphere that matched the nice service with a smile.

Our first visit was a hit and we reserved a table for our second visit on the way out. Second visit was alos a hit. Yes, we will be back again!

Pros: Excellent food, Good value
Morbid Cafe
Morbid Cafe

Long awaited!

5 Posted on 05 / 07 / 2014

I'm probably a bit biased because I've been waiting for Tallinn's first vegan restaurant for ages. And now it's here! And it's awesome!

I have only eaten there once so far, but counted together that I can go back about 10 times without ordering the same thing. Now that's something in a town where most places that have vegan options only offer 1-2 dishes.

V is situated in a great location, even though perhaps over-shadowed by its popular neighbor Aed. The ambiance is really pleasant: very cozy and relaxed with some quirky decorations. The service is excellent: both friendly and professional.

The food looks and tastes great and the selection is really good. I love their attention to detail when it comes to presentation - again this is something that most similarly priced restaurants seem to lack here.

The portions are medium-sized so if you are going in super hungry I suggest getting an entree as well. On the other hand it leaves more room for dessert.

The only downside is that there aren't really any Synday brunch dishes or specials. I would have loved some vegan pancakes or similar. I'm sure they will rectify that if there is enough demand though.

Can't wait to go back and take all my friends there as well!

PS: Make sure you book ahead, especially for dinner. This place is super popular!

Pros: Ambiance, Good service, Great selection of dishes
Cons: No brunch special
Vera Peres
Vera Peres

Vegan heaven in Tallinn

5 Posted on 05 / 03 / 2014

We found this restaurant by chance as it had just been open for a week. It's very cosy, staff is super friendly and most importantly the food is delicious. We had the snack plaster for starters, two mains and two desserts. All had different textures and very creative and tasty flavor combinations. They also have gluten-free and raw dishes well marked in the menu! A definitive vegan must-do in Tallinn and a food haven in chilly evenings.
Updated from previous review on Thursday May 01, 2014

Pros: Food, Cosiness, Staff
Cons: Small, better book in advance

Dear Owner and Manager of Vegan Restoran V: