Vegan Pizza House

All vegan fast food style restaurant offering vegan pizza, lasagna, spaghetti, and salads. Has another location in White Rock, BC. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Western, Italian, Pizza, Fast food, Take-out, Delivery
2119 Kingsway (Victoria Dr)
Vancouver, British Columbia V5N 2T4
604-248-5336

Open Mon, Wed, Thur and Sun 12-9:30pm, Tue 4pm-9:30pm, Fri and Sat 12-10:30pm.

First Review by kimward8
kvandervegan
kvandervegan

Best Vegan Pizza!

5 Posted on 01 / 14 / 2014

This place is a tiny little gem hidden on Kingsway. Don't let the appearance of this hole-in-the-wall type pizza house fool you, their pizza is to die for! I stop in for a slice whenever I'm around, and I order take out probably once a month. First off, where in the world can you get a slice of vegan pizza for under $2? I'm guessing not many places! Their crust is perfect, great amount of sauce, toppings galore, and you can't go wrong with any flavour I'm sure. The only ones I haven't tried are the "seafood" variations just because I have never liked the taste of anything "seafood-y".

I will always order from them in the hopes they will never go away! And they DELIVER!

Pros: Great food, Friendly Staff, Delivery
Cons: Unnappealing storefront/location
Evguy422
Evguy422

Pretty Good

3 Posted on 09 / 26 / 2013

The vegan pizza was good. Though the guy kept acting like his credit card machine didn't work. Then when we said we'd leave it magically worked. As for the food it was good. The place is not the nicest atmosphere. But the food hit the spot. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there again, but I wouldn't discourage someone from trying it.

Pros: Good food, Decent price
Cons: Not nice dining area, Credit card machine doesn't work
NicolaKnits
NicolaKnits

Loved it!

4 Posted on 08 / 28 / 2013

My family all loved their pizzas today. So nice to find a 100% vegan pizza place. And their basic tomato sauce is onion- and garlic-free. Yay! Opens at 4pm weekdays.

Pros: Knowledgeable and friendly people, Tasty pizzas
tarasaurus13
tarasaurus13

At last, Vegan Pizza!

5 Posted on 07 / 02 / 2013

You must try the Vegan Meat Lovers - it was absolutely amazing! Best vegan pizza I have had, hands down.

So good in fact, upon returning home to Ontario from my vacation in Vancouver I set out recreating this fantastic pizza at home.

The only bad thing I can say is that there is not a location in Ontario!

Pros: Food, Service
QuothTheRaven
QuothTheRaven

Yummy

5 Posted on 06 / 07 / 2013

We were never actually at the location but ordered delivery after a long day on an airplane from the Yukon. We were staying at a local hotel and decided to try calling. It was fast and delicious. I really loved my vegan Cesar salad. Great choice for vegans.

Pros: Fast, Great selection, Good food
Dee R
Dee R

LOVE this place!

5 Posted on 04 / 20 / 2013

Don't let the appearance of this small pizza shop put you off. After all, it's the food that counts! Delicious all-vegan pizzas, with an option of a gluten-free crust (also delicious). Our group tried the "meat lovers pizza," a "seafood pizza," and a garlic pizza. They were all equally amazing. The cheese is made with non-gmo vegan ingredients. The staff was cheerful and helpful. What more could a vegan want? Oh and they also deliver locally.

scocasso
scocasso

Vegan Pizza

4 Posted on 12 / 01 / 2012

We've been to this place a handful of times now, and enjoyed it on each occasion.

The pizza: the crust is good. Typical white crust with a 7/10 rating. The fake-meats etc. are Asian-style and not the quality Yves or other, as I find they lack flavour of those. Overall the pizza was good.

We have also tried the spanikopita, which was really good.

We tried the bubble teas - yuck. None of us like it and we all ordered different flavours. Bad mix. Bad mix of tea with fruit juice etc. -- just not good. Would be better to have vegan milkshakes or something like that, then throw some tapioca balls in there to add something 'Asian'. Or just plain sweet tea with tapioca balls.

I noticed some Supreme Master propaganda; I find such nonsense (con-artists) offensive, and couldn't help but compare this pizza to that pizza from the other Supreme Master supporter, Loving Hut; that pizza was not good at all, and the crust was gooey and reminded me of that 2-for-one low quality stuff); Vegan Pizza House's crust is a 6-or-7/10 (compared to ALL of the pizza I've ever tried in my life, vegan or not, home-made or not).

The staff were very friendly and attentive. It seems to basically be operated by some quite young and enthusiastic people, so hats off to them.

There's seating for perhaps... ten people or so, so a nice cozy intimate hole-in-the-wall type of eatery. Everything was pretty clean and tidy, including the washroom.

We stuffed ourselves, with leftovers to take home. For the three of us that cost $47.

Pros: tasty, mid prices, nice employees
Cons: need better veggie meats, need better drinks, whole grain organic option would be nice
vegan frog
vegan frog

Yum... vegan pizza

4 Posted on 11 / 25 / 2012

Tried this place a couple of times because they are quite far from downtown and the pizza is lukewarm by the time we get home. Great selection of pizza although I am not a fan of fake fish, it sounds even more wrong than fake meat. So I will not try the one with shrimps and fishy stuff. The crust is great and the toppings are generous. We tried several types and all were delicious. Didn't like the lasagna as it was a bit too salty and didn't taste home made. They also deliver downtown but we were told it can take a while to get your order so we'd better be prepared to wait. We will be...

Pros: Many different choices, Friendly staff
Cons: Far from downtown
UnsexyVeganMale
UnsexyVeganMale

mmm, pizza

4 Posted on 10 / 12 / 2012

+ pizza like how it should be
+ decent selection of toppings
+ pretty cool to be able to get vegan pizza-by-the-slice
+ non-pizza items are good
+ run (almost?) exclusively by vegans

- delivery service is spotty (I'm told that as sales go up, delivery service will improve)
- prices are merely ok; conventional pizza joints give you relatively more pizza for your buying dollar
- "eat-in" price NEEDS to be the same as "pick-up" price,
as the only reason a pizza joint ever charges more for a pizza
is to pay for the delivery guy,
so yeah, please point this out to them

JoeVeg
JoeVeg

So Good!

5 Posted on 10 / 01 / 2012

I discovered this place a few weeks ago and super happy a place like this exists in Vancouver. Staff are super friendly, the pizza is reasonably priced, and this is by far the best Vegan Pizza I've ever had. I wouldn't recommend dining in as it's pretty small, but take out is a whole other story.

barefoot and vegan
barefoot and vegan

Repeat Customers!

5 Posted on 07 / 09 / 2012

My husband and I have had their pizza and donairs delivered often. Our favorite pizza is the Greek Special and my husband always gets a couple of their Combo Vegan Beef and Chicken Donairs. There are many specials posted on a board in the restaurant that aren't mentioned on their menu. So many delicious choices!

Pros: excellent food, very good value, friendly staff
Cons: not much seating
veggieguin
veggieguin

Great vegan pizza

5 Posted on 05 / 27 / 2012

We tried the all dress pizza (vegan ham, pineapple, mushrooms and daiya) and the vegan beef donair. Both were great!

Pros: friendly staff, good value
Winterjade
Winterjade

Best Pizza in Vancouver!

5 Posted on 05 / 04 / 2012

My husband and I have moved to the Vancouver area over a year ago and could not seem to find a decent pizza place. That is until now! WOW we were so impressed! Although it is a bit out of our way, it is very much worth the drive!

Pros: Very friendly staff, Food tasted fresh
Cons: Eating area was quite small
Jeansthill
Jeansthill

Great Vegan Pizza

5 Posted on 11 / 20 / 2011

I went here on vacation and the pizza was amazing. The crust was great and so was the pizza overall. This has been the best pizza I have found since turning vegan. If I am ever here again I will for sure go back!

Pros: Great crust!
Cons: very small
hotskoz
hotskoz

Not too bad

4 Posted on 08 / 25 / 2011

Ate here on vacation in BC since it was only about three miles from our hotel. We are not fans of "fake cheeses" so we had ours made without cheese. The sauce is good, the crust was just crust but there were plenty of great veges. I would go back again and would recommend this place. Very small, very not fancy but hey it's just pizza.

Pros: all vegan, good value
Cons: small, cluttered, hard to find
viktorkoren
viktorkoren

hmmm :)

4 Posted on 08 / 13 / 2011

I went there just once but I'll come back for sure...The guy who's making pizzas was really nice...I had some kind of "chicken" pizza...pizza was sooo cheeezy (I just think that sometimes less is more) however I liked it.., Pizza crust reminds me my mum's homemade pizza (funny and kinda amateur but different and good ;)) So folks just GO there and TRY! ;)

elizabeth777
elizabeth777

Absolutely delicious

5 Posted on 06 / 14 / 2011

Best vegan pizza I've ever had. I've missed pizza since I became vegan... until tonight when I went to Vegan Pizza House.

Vegan Meat Lover pizza was amazing!!!

Pros: Lots of selection, Great food, Excellent price
allsummerlong
allsummerlong

Great!

5 Posted on 05 / 28 / 2011

Pizza from the Loving Hut returns to Vancouver! Tiny restaurant with only 16 seats, but amazing food and very friendly staff. Pick-up discount makes it extra affordable! Great experience and will definitely go back. Free parking out front, near bus routes.

• elizabeth777 elizabeth777

Apparently Vegan Pizza House is actually NOT affiliated with Loving Hut, as indicated above.

kimward8
kimward8

So good!

5 Posted on 05 / 21 / 2011

The mushroom ham and pinnaple pizza was delicious. It is so cheap for one big slice too. The lasagna is also really good, with daiya cheese on top.

Dear Owner and Manager of Vegan Pizza House: