The first vegan pizzeria in Orange County, this place offers pizza, salads, calzones, sandwiches, veggie dogs, and pasta. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Pizza, Italian, American, Fast food, Take-out, Delivery

First Review by spiceislandvegan

Seriously amazing

5 Posted on 08 / 17 / 2014

GREAT food. Loved everything we had. It was awesome that they delivered to the Disneyland hotels and we got some seriously delicious vegan food and dessert while we were at the park. The vegan cheesecake was the best I've ever had--so light and creamy!

When we called in for take-out we asked them to arrive at a certain time when we would be done at the park. When we got back to our room, the delivery guy was waiting outside the door. They were very accommodating!

Pros: Great food, Delivers to Disneyland hotels, Best vegan cheesecake I've had

Delicious!!

5 Posted on 05 / 27 / 2014

I did not try the actual pizza because I went alone, however their garlic bread and canzone were really good. I also had their corn dog, which is the first I've had in about 6 years since going vegan. It was better than the ones I remember eating, really crispy and hot! Definitely coming back to try their cheesecake and pizzas.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Cheap, Large Portions
Cons: Small, Hot

Amazingly Delicious!

5 Posted on 05 / 14 / 2014

I was working at a conference at the Convention Center nearby and had forgotten my food for the day. I needed to find something for lunch and dinner, so decided to give this pizza place a try. It was very close to the convention center and Disneyland, and the staff was very friendly and welcoming. There were a lot of options and it was hard to decide which one to try. The next time I'm there, I definitely want to try a pizza. Since I had to take everything to the convention center, I decided on their sausage and mushroom calzone. It was perfect, and so delicious. I ordered two calzones for lunch and dinner, and some desserts to share with friends. We had a bite of the chocolate peanut butter cake, and a bite of the regular cheesecake, and both were rich and tasty. They were a lot for one person to finish so I'm glad we shared. The calzones were filling and I really only needed one for the day, the second I saved for the next day and it held up well. It was heavier food than I'm used to, but it was delicious and I loved it. Definitely will come here again the next time we make a trip to Disneyland or the convention center. The calzones would be a perfect thing to take for lunch at D-Land.

Pros: Lots of menu options, Friendly Staff, Great food

tasty treat

4 Posted on 05 / 07 / 2014

We ordered the chili cheez fries, cheezy garlic bread, and an XL half Hawaiian pizza (includes jalepenos) and half pepperoni.

Thumbs up to fries and garlic bread. For some reason the non-dairy cheese worked well with the garlic bread.

The pizza was good, and had good quality ingredients, but the non-dairy cheeses just doesn't do it for us.

One of the "losses" to our vegan diet has been true pizza. Kudos to this restaurant for offering all vegan menu - but it's still not real pizza.

(We were bummed that they didn't have the full slate of desserts as we would have liked to try something other than what they had)

Pros: vegan offerings , desserts!
Cons: Non-dairy cheese , Tiny eat-in space, Restaurant got warm

Good Vegan Italian Food, but Pizza Could Be Better

4 Posted on 02 / 12 / 2014

I am attending a convention at the Anthem Convention Center, and I figured I would try this ten-month old vegan Italian restaurant. The owner is Vietnamese-American, and his name is Tony (a very appropriate Italian name for a guy who has cooked pizza for 20 years.

I ordered a small vegan pizza with pepperoni, a spinach lasagna and a chocolate mousse cake. The spinach lasagna was not the best vegan lasagna I have had, but considering the very reasonable price of seven dollars, it was a great value.

The pizza was decent, but the crust lacked crispness that I like, and I feel it could have been thinner and cooked a bit longer.

Tony told me that his aunt makes the desserts, and what a great cake maker she is! The cake was perfect. Rich and creamy and perfectly sweetened.

If you are in the area, be sure to swing by for a quick, casual lunch. Perhaps request pizza with a thinner crust for a less doughy pizza (unless you like it that way).

Pros: Food, Prices, Value
Cons: Pizza could have thinner, tastier crust

Surprisingly great!

5 Posted on 12 / 04 / 2013

I'm vegetarian, not vegan, and I don't really care for the vegan cheeses out there on the market or things that are made with them. But I had a 'pepperoni' & 'cheez' calzone here and it was really yummy. I also had a slice of chocolate/peanut butter pie - which was decadent! Best part about this place though are the people. Trina, who I assume is one of the owners, is very kind and has a great personality. You can taste in their food they put a lot of Love in what they do and that they're genuinely caring people. I will definitely come back here and recommend Vegan Pizza to friends.

Pros: Yummy, Lovely People, They deliver

Worth the trip.

5 Posted on 11 / 02 / 2013

It wasn't very close to where I was staying for this trip, but it was worth the drive. I had cheese and pepperoni with optional jalapeno peppers. Great - and great dessert - and great strawberry milk. All vegan, of course.

Best Vegan Pizza Ever!

5 Posted on 09 / 22 / 2013

We recently visited California for a 3 week holiday from the UK.
As myself and my husband are vegan,the first night we arrived we decided to try Vegan Pizza and ended up going back several times over the next few weeks. Everything on the menu is vegan. The food and service were consistently good throughout our visits.
The pizza and garlic bread is the best I have ever had, the food was always great, the staff always friendly and café clean and tidy.

We will definitely return the next time we visit.

Pros: Great Food, Service, Price

amazingly delicious!!!

5 Posted on 08 / 12 / 2013

I HIGHLY recommend this place for nonvegan and vegans!
I am so glad we found this place. I've been here several times this summer and have been completely satisfied after every visit.

Prices are low and quality is high :)
My faves are the Mediterranean, Indian Style, and Hawaiian pizzas.
I've only had the chocolate cake an chocolate pb pie. Both are very good but the Choc pb pie is to die for!!! So delicious!!

Their buffalo wings weren't all that great- pretty much overpriced chicken nuggets. But their pizza is amazing and that's what we come here for :)

Pros: amazing pizza, good service , low price

Best Vegan Pizza in O.C.

5 Posted on 07 / 23 / 2013

There are vegan pizzas to be had in Orange County, but they usually are made by leaving something off... cheese, meat, etc.

Here everything is vegan so you can order with confidence and not worry about it.

Every time I have been there the owners have been friendly and helpful.

The crust on the pizza is perfect, not too thin or thick but has a nice chewy edge.

My favorite pizza is the Hawaiian (ham/pinapple/jalapenos), the corn dogs are freshly made and really very good.

My favorite dessert is a toss-up between the carrot cake and one of the cheezecakes.

All in all a great place! I go back often and am working my way through every item on the menu.

Pros: Good vegan pizza!, Friendly owners/workers, Deliver near Disneyland
Cons: No air conditioning yet., Small seating area (5 tables), No soda on tap, bottles/cans only

good spot

4 Posted on 06 / 07 / 2013

Tuna sandwich was basic but good. Vegan corn dogs aren't easy to come by so that alone makes this place awesome.

Pros: corn dogs, desserts, affordable

Finally yummy vegan pizza near me!

5 Posted on 04 / 23 / 2013

Finally! Delicious vegan pizza place that also serves corn dog, hot dog on a stick, chili cheese fries, buffalo wings, etc.! All those yummy unhealthy food that vegans can't eat in the mall or county fair. Lol! They chose a simple name Vegan Pizza which describes it all.

This place is only 15 minutes from where we work. My vegan co-worker was excited when I told her about this place and decided an un-planned lunch adventure. It was well worth it.

On first visit, my girlfriend and I had their BBQ Chick'n Pizza. We ordered the 12-inch and could not finish, took half home. Very good! The crust is a good crust, thick on the edge but thin in the middle. It is not wheat but so goood!

We ordered 1 Corn Dog and shared. Yum! They use the good 'hot dog' that I use at home when I make vegan corn dog at home. I love it! But the corn bread part is even better than mine. Truly enjoyed it!

Service was good and fast. We told them that we are in lunch time and was able to get everything fast, didn't have to wait too long.

One caveat is that this place is small. They only have 4 tables. It is more of a to-go pizza joint. They even deliver but only within Disneyland area (yeah, they are close to Disneyland, how great that is).

One thing we noticed was their Smart Car all decorated with their pizza advertisement. They have pizza wheels on their cars! Lol! Very cute!

They also sell chocolate cake, cheesecake, and puff pastry. We didn't try them all since we only have 2 stomachs and were already filled.

I've been there twice and brought a non-vegetarian the second time. He ordered calzone and loved it. We also ordered Mexican pizza and it was good too.

I know this is a pizza place but for me the winner is vegan corn dog. I just love corn dogs and I am not a kid. :-)

Pros: Very good pizza, love the crust, Reasonable prices, Corn dogs
Cons: Small place

Dear Owner and Manager of Vegan Pizza: