Vegan Hygienic Foodhaus

Vegan restaurant off J.P. Laurel Street in Poblacion District. Serves pizza, fresh fruit juice, and more. No trans fat or artificial seasoning, GMO. Also sells some health products including health teas, breads, flaxseeds, and others. Previously at JP Laurel Avenue, Door 101, Via Condotti Bldg. Confirmed open by happycow member Apr 2013. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Pizza, Juice bar, American, Organic
Casa Panolee Bldg, Loyola St., Bo. Obrero (Fronting Plaza del Carmen)
Davao City, Philippines 8000

First Review by Jim_Z
RandyC_JtS
RandyC_JtS

Davao's Only Vegan Restaurant

4 Posted on 01 / 05 / 2014

If you are a vegetarian, or even more selective vegan, your choices for dining in Davao are slim. IMO Vegan Hygenic Foodhaus is far and away the best choice. If you want true vegan and any kind of selection, it's the only choice. They do have two locations though.

The menu itself is somewhat limited but they serve much more than what is listed on the menu. You need to look around the walls as they list a number of items there, too. If you don't see something - ask.

The other review mentioned a lack of raw, and while that isn't my main interest I will say they have an extensive raw salad menu and drinks. They are very good about making what you request.

Probably my favorite is the vegan burger. I'm not sure what grains it is made from but I do know it's not soy and therefor a refreshing change for me. It's a little small, so I need to supplement it with something, and their fresh fruit shake (smoothie) is perfect. No sugar or milk.

You need to take your time, talk with them, ask questions about what you don't know. The feeling is of down home, relaxing with friends. It is very laid back.

I highly recommend giving them a try if you are going to be in Davao.

Pros: High quality food, Reasonable prices, Customers are treated as friends
Cons: Somewhat confusing menu, Service isn't about quickness
Jim_Z
Jim_Z

So, so

3 Posted on 04 / 22 / 2013

I really wouldn't recommend this place. I mean, I really wanted to since it is vegan. But they cook with way too much fake meat, fake cheese and not enough raw foods. Service is also sketchy, although one nice young gal works there.

Pros: Vegan, Service
Cons: Not enough raw, Service

Dear Owner and Manager of Vegan Hygienic Foodhaus: