Vegetarian restaurant with an extensive menu of Thai food dishes in addition to veggieburgers, salads, wraps, vegan sushi, and more. Prices cheap to moderate. Casual and spacious setting. Parking in lot. Different ownership than the Vegan House on N. Wilcox, Hollywood. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Thai, American, Fast food, Take-out, Delivery
2703 W Sunset Blvd (besides Comfort Inn, Silver Lake)
Los Angeles, California 90026

LPhoopla
LPhoopla

Great Food, Great Service, Huge Menu

Posted on 02 / 05 / 2014

The menu is very large and the service was very friendly and eager. They had some need combos. I would recommend the orange chicken, they got the texture just right on that. One of my spring rolls was still cold on the inside but not frozen. I will come back here.

Pros: friendly staff, good portions, huge menu
Cons: spring roll was cold, weird lighting
JcRodriguez
JcRodriguez

Thai

Posted on 01 / 14 / 2013

I love my Thai vegan food , excellent and fresh food,

Pros: good value , excellent food , good staff
Chia
Chia

Thai Vegetarian

Posted on 09 / 09 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow, and here's my Vegan House review.

There are nearly 20 Thai vegan restaurants in the greater LA area, and most of them display very similar menus. Vegan House is was originally affiliated with Truly Vegan, though I'm not sure if that's the case now, but the food is less like fast food.

Here is sit-down table service in a larger space. Was here for dinner. Although the service was slow, the Thai flavors were quite delightful. We ordered the fresh spring rolls with soyfish (fair), a tom kah vege soup (good), and a green curry (nice flavor). Our major complaint was that the chef did not add bamboo shoots and eggplant in the curry (as stated on menu). But overall, I am pleased to see another vegetarian restaurant open in Los Angeles.

Pros: has parking lot, good flavors
Cons: service can be slow

adora08
adora08

Great!

Posted on 05 / 20 / 2012

I love this place. Yummy cheesecake. Nice variety. Always friendly and fast service. Reasonably priced. Parking is cramped, but welcome to LA!

ddmm
ddmm

Disappointing

Posted on 01 / 29 / 2012

I was hoping to find a good local vegan restaurant but did not. Service was unfriendly and slow. The man at the counter looked like I was bothering him when I walked in. Later during my stay I heard him yelling at a customer for complaining about the food. I ordered Pad Thai and it basically had no flavor at all. I ate quickly so I could leave as the atmosphere in the restaurant was uncomfortable. I can't recommend this restaurant, and I won't be returning.

Cons: atmosphere, food
shush
shush

Oily, without flavor

Posted on 09 / 13 / 2011

My spouse and I Went there in August 2011 visiting from out of town, and couldn't finish my meal, not because it was too much food, but the amount of oil in each meal was simply suffocating. Had the noodle dish and was very disappointed. Went to finish our dinner at a different place. Avoid at all cost

DawnOfTheRent
DawnOfTheRent

Good food

Posted on 07 / 20 / 2011

I think the lady had trouble understanding my wife's order so it's probably not a bad idea to over clarify yourself here. Besides that the food was really good. I think this place and the Vegan Joint on National are incredibly similar. They have tiramisu which is now, possibly my favorite dessert.

Pros: tiramisu, messed up our order a little
sweetszlove
sweetszlove

tofu and veggies

Posted on 01 / 12 / 2010

The tofu was kind of soggy, the spring rolls were really good. The carrot cake sucked! It was spongy and the frosting was really gross, it didn't have any nuts or raisins in it- very disappointing

Pros: parking, brown rice, desserts
Mimi710
Mimi710

Pretty good (but careful what you order?)

Posted on 10 / 11 / 2009

I went to eat here with two non-vegan friends in April and everyone enjoyed their meals. There was lots to choose from on the menuand everyone thought their food was quite tasty. I would eat here again for sure... however as a result of this blog post http://www.quarrygirl.com/2009/06/28/undercover-investigation-of-la-area-vegan-restaurants/ - I would be careful about what I ordered here and avoid some of the fake meats. The Sunset Strip location is pretty convenient.

Pros: decent prices, lots to choose from, friendly staff
Cons: some items may not be vegan
Mir
Mir

good food and prices

Posted on 06 / 08 / 2008

The place is very nice, they have so many choices (thai food, burgers, wraps, desserts). We had chicken nuggets (they were extraordinary!), Chow Mein (it was fine, but was lacking flavor), and brown rice sushi with soy tuna. The sushi were pretty good (they served a lot). We were not able to finish the food, portions are huge (especially for this price).

Pros: decent food, affordable, friendly staff
Cons: the parking lot is under construction
VeggiePinkoKat
VeggiePinkoKat

Good place for transitioning veggies

Posted on 12 / 17 / 2007

This jack of all trades/master of none eatery is a great place for new vegetarians to eat, as they have a TON of cuisines and rely heavily on fake meats. Friendly staff. We had a cashew stir fry dish that was tasty enough. NOTE: The portions are tremendous--make sure to share or don't order more than two things.

Pros: nice staff, good for new vegetarians
Cons: needs a specialty, should deviate from so much fake meats, portions are too big
Veganmilitant
Veganmilitant

Really Good

Posted on 10 / 05 / 2007

This place has a huge menu, inlcuding wraps, sushi, burgers, salads and pancakes. The burgers and wraps are big and delicous! This place has a nice atmosphere and you can watch TV while you eat!

Pros: well-priced
samneko
samneko

pretty good, but inconsistent

Posted on 09 / 10 / 2007

I have been here twice, and so far the service seems a little inconsistent. The first time the food and service were great- my boyfriend and I ordered the stir fry and cashew nut entrees, plus wonton soup, and the food was amazing. Next time, we ordered "Chow Mein" and "Pad Wood Sen", plus fresh spring rolls. The Chow Mein was great, but the Pad Wood Sen lacked cilantro, which I'm pretty sure is important to how this dish tastes- it didn't taste right without it.
Afterwards, we decided to have dessert. We both ordered the chocolate banana cake. What a huge disappointment! Do NOT order the cakes unless they have been made that day! Our waitress told us the cakes are not made every day. Unfortunately, the cake we had was extremely dry- and not very fresh. When we told her this, she at first absolutely refused to switch the cake out with their other dessert, a vegan cheesecake, saying that we wouldn't like cheesecake because it was made at the same time as the banana chocolate cake.
After speaking with her manager, she finally agreed to serve us the cheesecake, reluctantly.

Avoid their cakes unless you know for sure that they're no more than a day old- the employees may or may not admit this. At least the cheesecake is great!

Pros: another vegan restaurant, great hours , parking lot
Cons: inconsistent service, inconsistent food
Guest
Guest

not consistent

Posted on 07 / 01 / 2007

i agree that on several occasions i have had marvelous food - well worth the price. however a couple of times the food [take out] was not more than average and on my last take out the food was so bad i could not eat it.

VeggieHeather
VeggieHeather

Great Burgers!

Posted on 12 / 21 / 2006

We had the chicken burger and fish burger. Both were really good, and not too greasy. They have a huge menu -- I can't wait to try other items!

Pros: great food, not greasy, friendly service

Dear Owner and Manager of Vegan House: