Small vegetarian Thai food restaurant near the Beverly Center. Features a 100% vegan menu with a variety of soy based meat-substitutes and tofu in Thai entrees. Also makes American style dishes like wraps, lentil loaf, veggieburgers, and salads. Bargain lunch specials. Quick service, casual setting. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Thai, American, Fast food, Take-out, Delivery

First Review by xtfrclqn
TheVeganOfAus
TheVeganOfAus

Thai-riffc.

5 Posted on 07 / 17 / 2014

I twice went to Arayas (down the road) but they were shut and so I ended up at Vegan Glory as a contingency. I'm glad I did because they were top notch. We ended up using this place as our regular take-out during our LA holiday.

Quick service, presents clean, crazy number of options, fresh food and very flavoursome. We got "standard" dishes like pad Thai, penang curry and they were as good as any other we've tried. Tried "citrus ribs" - ended up looking nothing like ribs - but tasted awesome! The BBQ chicken salad was also a real winner. We always got take-out but the place looked very inviting for an eat-in meal too.

(Never got to Arayas LA in the end!)

Pros: Options!, Tastes great., Inexpensive
sapphy_taffy
sapphy_taffy

Delicious Food

5 Posted on 08 / 17 / 2013

At first I thought the restaurant would be dingy and dirty, but it was clean, nicely decorated, and the food was SO GOOD! Highly recommended.

Pros: 100% Vegan, Excellent Food, Cheap
Cons: NONE!
Chia
Chia

Delicious 100% Vegan Food

5 Posted on 08 / 07 / 2013

Vegan Glory is one of my favorite restaurants in the Los Angeles area. It's definitely one of the best for vegan Thai and casual American food around. Here's my Vegan Glory review.

The menu is extensive and features a varied range of savory dishes (see their website for menu), and I like to try something different each time. I've brought my family and friends here, and they all like it, too.

I especially like: the freshy rolls with peanut sauce, som tom papaya salad, veggie burger with lentil loaf pattie, all the curries, the Thai soups, and the lunch specials are great - each comes with a main hot dish, a fried spring roll, side salad, brown rice, and soup.

The service is very quick and friendly, and the atmosphere is relaxed and clean.

In chatting with the waitstaff, I was told that Hollywood celebrities Toby Maguire, Forest Whitaker, Lucy Liu, and Andy Dick get their vegan fix here. How cool is that!

Pros: flavorful, fast and friendly, convenient, has parking
SaraElphaba
SaraElphaba

Nice Takeout

5 Posted on 07 / 28 / 2013

Got a couple of take-outs since I came into town. I chose better the first time, fresh rolls and pad thai, that lasted me 2 two days. Second time was not so lucky, I ordered a cucumber salad, a quesadilla and tempura vegetables. They were out of tempura and called me right away. The quesadilla was a too small portion for its price, but I can't wait to keep trying new things on the menu!

Pros: fast service, friendly staff, good food and selection
JackieP
JackieP

Okay

3 Posted on 07 / 19 / 2013

Food was pretty good, it's consistently good and the place is vegan. Has a similar format to other vegan Thai/asian restaurants in big cities. Easy to park right outside the restaurant.

Pros: Vegan, Parking right outside

eric
eric

Consistent, Quick, Clean

5 Posted on 07 / 16 / 2013

This is one of my favorite vegan Thai places in town. The food is prepared in an open kitchen and they've always been fast getting the orders out. Both their Western and Thai dishes are consistently good. Prices are reasonable. Good smoothies and carrot cake too. Friendly staff.

Pros: Good food, Fast service, Nice space
MoFo
MoFo

not impressed

2 Posted on 07 / 11 / 2013

My omnivore friend and I ate the green curry with seitan and glory noodle with tofu. Neither had much flavor which was especially unfortunate because I was hoping to impress my friend with an all vegan meal. The service was very good and fast but those two meals really turned me off from coming back. The seitan was thin and unimpressive and the eggplant in the noodle were too firm and angular for my tastes.

Pros: great service, nice atmosphere, combo meals come with tasty soup and salad
Cons: food is bland
Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

Favorite Thai place

5 Posted on 05 / 08 / 2013

This is our favorite vegan Thai American restaurant in LA. We used to live within walking distance and the same waitress always recognized us and chatted with us. Everyone is very friendly though. The place is bright and clean. Everything we've had is good. I love that I can get a BBQ chicken salad or tacos and then Pad Woon Zen. Mix it up! The orange chicken, P.E.T. and praram's place are frequent orders as well. We try to get at least one different dish each time that we don't usually get. The wraps are great to-go when you need to bring something vegan with you. We like the cowboy and chicken ones. And the Thai Iced Tea is awesome. They have two types of soy milk. One is sweeter than the other. We try to come back whenever we are in the neighborhood again.

Pros: best vegan thai restaurant, lots of other options, friendly staff
Naan Cee
Naan Cee

Delicious, Fast, Reliable Food

5 Posted on 04 / 09 / 2013

Vegan glory is a easy 'go-to' place when I want GOOD thai vegetarian food. The location is convenient (next to all the shops near Bev Center) and the food is always consistently good. I like the spring rolls and curries. This is a must go if you are into veg thai food!

Pros: clean, convenient location, low prices
Cons: parking lot gets full
shirley1
shirley1

Great Selection,Great Value,Tasty Food

5 Posted on 03 / 07 / 2013

After seraching for another restaurant and not really liking the area it was in we came upon Vegan Glory and what a great find it was.
The service was very prompt and friendly and the menu is very extensive
We had the dinner special which comprises rice,spring roll,salad and soup of the day as well as a main course.
I had the Pad Thai which was very good and the serving was large enough that I saved enough of it for breakfast the next morning.
My husband had the Red Curry with Soy Chicken which they spiced up even more for him and he thoroughly enjoyed the meal.
The price was very reasonable and the service was fast and friendly - a definite to visit again when in Los Angeles

Pros: Large menu selection, reasonably priced, very obliging staff
The Veggie Cook
The Veggie Cook

Good food and prices

5 Posted on 10 / 29 / 2012

This place rocks! The food is totally delish. When I'm in the mood for a veggie burger with french fries that's what I get. When I'm in the food for spicy Thai food then that's what I get. The glory noodles are spicy and yummy. The waiters are really great, and the service is super fast -- in fact, this is by far the fastest service restaurant I eat at. Recommended.

gr8vegan
gr8vegan

Big menu with a lot of options

4 Posted on 08 / 18 / 2012

I had the cowboy wrap, which is not very cowboyish, but good. Also did the Tempura. It was enough for two people that was for sure! I'm scared of the vegan shrimp! But over all a nice place, would eat there again and try some more things. I don't think I ordered anything special and had the feeling there were better menu items.

dancingvegan
dancingvegan

YUMMY! YUMMY!! YUMMY!!!

5 Posted on 07 / 30 / 2012

Wow!! Friends brought me here one time and I had not tried Thai food before. Well, it certainly won't be my last!! :)

This place rocks... DELICIOUS food, great service, nice location.

I went with two friends and we all shared the following dishes: stir fry chow mein, red curry with brown rice, Thai soup and fresh rolls. What a treat!!!

This place is a must-eat-at!!! Your tummy will thank you for it!!!

Pros: The food is great!!, The service is outstanding!!, The location is wonderful!!
miss-mischief420
miss-mischief420

yummy

5 Posted on 09 / 27 / 2011

soy/seitn heavy but options available. great for the area. great to go or there.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday September 27, 2011

Pros: location, service, variety
Cons: crowded, price, parking
ReviewTeam
ReviewTeam

VEGAN GLORY CATERED OUR WEDDING

5 Posted on 07 / 23 / 2011

We discovered Vegan Glory in West Hollywood in 2009 when staying nearby. On every trip to LA, we eat at Vegan Glory. We were so impressed that when my wife & I got married in Dec. 2010, we paid them to bring their delicious Thai food to the banquet hall in Glendale. Although we were the only vegans there, all the meat eaters liked the food we selected from the menu. We purposely ordered extra food so they could fill the take-home containers we purchased for the event. One suggestion on catered selections...don't order soup, as it won't go as well and what is left over will spill in the trunk on those LA hills, unless you have it in a soup pot.

Pros: Great food, generous portions
Cons: very small parking lot, Valet=$4.50 --$2.00 dinner credit=$2.50+
deadgirlx09
deadgirlx09

Vegan Glory Rocks!

5 Posted on 02 / 16 / 2011

I went to Vegan Glory on my recent visit to L.A. and fell in love with the food. It's by far the best vegan place I have eaten at in some time. The food was amazing and the customer service was ideal.
It didn't take too long for our food to be prepared; it was just the perfect amount of wait time. It was an extremely lovely visit.
My only complaint about it was the 3 dollar charge to park inside the plaza. I thought that was a little unnecessary; it may give you a dollar off your meal, but since you're already paying to be there, why add the extra charge?
Besides that, I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to Vegan Glory, have recommended it to friends, and look forward to eating there again soon.

Pros: awesome customer service, good volume, superb food
Cons: charged parking
gratefulluke
gratefulluke

Very delicious

4 Posted on 02 / 14 / 2011

The dining room is a bit small and the staff are busy with many takeout orders but the food was delicious and served quickly.

Pros: Delicious, Not too expensive
Cons: Small dining area
theplantrx.com
theplantrx.com

LOVE this place. So yummy...

5 Posted on 02 / 02 / 2011

I love this place. It's nothing fancy or overdone. Just simple good vegan food. =) Love the tacos and the lentil loaf. It's simple and good. Not overdone. 'm lucky they don't deliver all the way to my house or I would be in some serious trouble! =)

Pros: quaint and friendly, good simple foods, good value
leksamichelle
leksamichelle

Pretty Darn Good!

5 Posted on 07 / 19 / 2010

Pretty good food, friendly service, amazing vegan corn ice cream for dessert. Ambiance leaves something to be desired, but for these prices, I'm certainly not complaining!!

Pros: good food, good quality, great prices
Cons: ambiance, can get really full!
Petesternz
Petesternz

Yummy Thai!

4 Posted on 04 / 17 / 2010

We went to vegan glory yesterday and were suitably impressed. I've certainly had better vegan thai, but I've also had much worse, so this place settled nicely in between. Interesting varied menu made it worth the trip. We really enjoyed the rice paper fresh rolls with a black bean sauce, and our two mains were good too, though neither had me gasping for more. I liked the pumpkin tofu and the soba noodles though neither of their fake meats was as good as some I've had before. Very friendly staff when I was there, contrary to some of the comments from others.

Pros: Friendly staff, varied menu, fair pricing
brentonagony
brentonagony

It was ok.

3 Posted on 12 / 05 / 2009

The name of this place would suggest it is beyond Epic.

My meal was ok. I had the Green Curry (good spice level), Spring roll & Soup (mixed vegetable). Considering how much I paid for my meal I didn't walk away disappointed but in my last days in LA I doubt I'll return, I'm a big fan of Thai food and this place wasn't bad it was just nothing impressive.

Note: My girlfriends meal came out 5 mintues before mine and I had to send it back as I requested white rice and got brown. This didn't bother me at all but I have noticed that service is a big deal in the US.

christopher byron
christopher byron

ok food

3 Posted on 11 / 16 / 2009

i used to go here all the time just because i worked a few blocks away. If i wanted a hot meal and didnt want to spend a ton of money at RFD I would go here. I don't recommend going here unless you have to. The food isnt horrible at all... every dish just tastes the same. You'll probably get yelled at by one of the employees and quite honestly i question if the menu is fully vegan. They claim they are but i doubt that some dishes are vegan.

Pros: fast, inexpensive, wide selection
Cons: can't confirm everythings vegan, all food tastes the same, employee attitude
nrgy
nrgy

Great!!

4 Posted on 09 / 13 / 2009

This was the first vegan restaurant I ever visited before becoming vegan, so I guess you could say it contributed to my decision to go all the way. With so many thai vegan places in LA it's difficult to visit them all, but this one definitely is among the best.

fullyfokusd
fullyfokusd

Mmmhmmmm!

5 Posted on 03 / 27 / 2009

Our favorite vegan restaurant in LA. Loved the roti and guac. Everything we tried was good. Nice atmosphere. Fast and friendly service. Clean.

elaineastorga
elaineastorga

yumm

4 Posted on 03 / 11 / 2009

small and clean place and the people are very nice. has an extensive menu of yummy vegan dishes. try the "beef" tacos. parking is a hassle but they offer tips/tricks for that.

Pros: good food
Cons: parking
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Good...

3 Posted on 02 / 27 / 2009

Apparently famous people go here, as I saw one during a visit [a few years back]. Im not too keen on Vegan Chinese food, but I will say this place is good. I had the Chinese Broccoli with Seitan; it was good but would also try something else if I go there again.

condekedar
condekedar

Decent Thai food

3 Posted on 08 / 19 / 2008

Vegan Glory is a nice little joint, though the food didn't blow me away as far as Thai cuisine is concerned (and I've lived in Thailand, along with my OCD which has taken me to at least 100 Thai restaurants in the US).

The "chicken" satay appetizer was excellent, with richly textured chicken and a wonderful peanut dipping sauce on the side. This was the highlight of the meal and my friend and I both loved it. My pepper steak basil stir fry was decent, but nothing special. It didn't have the array of flavors that Thai basil stir frys are supposed to have (sweet, salty, crispy and soft). The pepper steak itself was just hydrated tvp and nothing fancy (admittedly, the dish tasted better the next day, after the leftovers got a chance to marinate). My friend's green curry was too heavy on one unidentifiable seasoning, which corrupted the curry taste.

Also, both of our dishes were a tad too spicy, though we weren't even asked about spice level when we ordered (note: I grew up eating Indian food, so I know spice, and if a dish is spicy for me, it'll be spicy for 99.9% of the world).

Otherwise the service was fast and friendly. Prices and portion sizes are good.

Pros: Service, Portion sizes, Chicken satay appetizer
Cons: Decent, but not excellent food
rabidamazon
rabidamazon

Really good, excellent prices

5 Posted on 11 / 08 / 2007

Its been a month or two since I ate there but the food was very good. Service was quick. I enjoyed a glass of wine with my meal and had a Thai themed dish with mint. I am not big on the mock meats so I had tofu.
Small place but very clean and bright. They seemed to have a few regulars that stopped in. All in all I would highly recommend and plan to return soon.

Pros: Great food, Clean and bright
xtfrclqn
xtfrclqn

Lives Up to the Reviews

5 Posted on 11 / 01 / 2006

This restaurant does not disappoint. Shockingly satisfying fried chicken nuggets in orange sauce stood out on our first visit. The papaya salad is also perfect: crunchy, sweet, tart, and spicy. I also heartily recommend the pumpkin, eggplant, tofu dish: a great texture and flavor combination in a light, gently spicy, savory sauce. So far, in fact, I've loved every dish. Plus, the vibe is very friendly. This is a special place.

Pros: delicious food, varied menu, sweet atmosphere

Dear Owner and Manager of Vegan Glory: