Paris vegan bakery in the 5eme. Mostly take-out with a few seats available to dine in. Uses organic ingredients. more-less
53 Rue Mouffetard
Paris, France 75005
Closed now

Tue-Sun 11:00am-8:00pm

First Review by jeanpaulf
Veganswife
Veganswife

Wonderful desserts but disappointing sandwiches

Posted on 09 / 15 / 2014

We visited this cute little bakery on the treat's lively market day. The window was full of enticing cakes and desserts. The menu offered interesting sandwich choices. However, the bread was dry - no excuse in a city of fresh baked breads (including vegan!) and the fillings rather dull. A great pity and a delicious vegan sandwich was very much needed at the time. We had been buying bread from a local bakery and veges from a market and making our own, which were so much better than those on offer here. The cakes, however, were sublime!

Pros: Cute shop in lively location, Sublime vegan cakes, Promotes green causes
Cons: Dull sandwich fillings, Stale bread in sandwiches, Insufficient choice
lachat
lachat

Great Bakery and Sandwiches too

Posted on 09 / 14 / 2014

A bit pricey but worth it. Seating is very limited - it is more of a take away place.

JonJon
JonJon

Great vegan bakery!

Posted on 08 / 31 / 2014

From its opening until now, I've been to Vegan Folie's as many times as I went to Paris! The place offers a new cupcake flavour each day and other permanent cupcakes that change over the years. It has brownies, cookies, cheesecakes (that are gluten-free) and more recently layer cakes! It also offers sometimes a vegan clafoutis which is amazing. Cakes are usually excellent, even if sometimes they could be not as good as you hoped for different reasons. But those ones are rare compared to the numerous beautiful cakes they usually have. You can also have vegan sandwiches in a baguette, with salad, faux-meat, vegan cheeses... they are always fresh and organic! I really love these sandwiches.

In terms of price, I found that it is not too expensive compared to the location, the organic and quality products and the fact that the place has a high level of ethical standards: all the painting of the place is vegan and eco-friendly, they do not support nuclear electricity sources and they use little packaging.

The place is small but you can eventually sit to eat your cakes (3 seats). The owner is really friendly, helpful and will take into account your suggestions and demands. As they do most of their cakes according to the demand, don't hesitate to call them to reserve what you want in advance.

Pros: a new cupcake each day, layers, vegan sandwiches, 100% vegan and organic, friendly and helpful staff, ethic place

EmilyBennett3050
EmilyBennett3050

Small bakery but worth visiting

Posted on 08 / 22 / 2014

Vegan Folie's is a small bakery but it is worth visiting if you are in the area. We found a nice selection of cakes and were told that we could order baguettes too. The peanut butter cheesecake perhaps looked better than it tasted, but the baguette was delicious. The French bread was quite crisp and the salad was fresh with nice vegan mayo and faux meat (Wheaty slices). The lady who served us was very friendly and recommended other veggie hot spots while we stayed in Paris. A nice experience, but greater variety of savory food would have made it even better.

Pros: Pleasant staff member
Cons: Not much choice for savory food
Neurogrind
Neurogrind

Best VeganCheeseCake!

Posted on 08 / 08 / 2014

Me and my girlfriend was here the last day of opening. There was not much choice but we eat two slices of cheesecake with white chocolate...and it was amazing!!!!!

Pros: Hight quality
Cons: Price
LiviaMvanHeerde
LiviaMvanHeerde

not the best

Posted on 07 / 30 / 2014

I tried the chocolate chip cookie and the brownie. it cost me almost 5€ which is not much in my opinion. but I have to say that they were way too greasy for me! they were so oily that the take away paper was seetroughn after a minute and the oil went trough the paper on my fingers! Since I have been to a couple excellent vegan bakeries in Vienna, I have to say that this one is really not that good and too sweet. Even my own baked cookies and brownies tasted more professional...

Pros: only bakery, satisfies your sweet tooth, inexpensive
Cons: too greasy, too sweet, small selection
Bilbo Baggins
Bilbo Baggins

Great sweets

Posted on 07 / 22 / 2014

Delicious desserts - cakes, muffins, cookies. When in Paris, you must really try it!
But it't not bakery in the common sence - they don't have baguetts, breat or any not sweet bakery.

Pros: excellent desserts
MegRH
MegRH

delicious treats!

Posted on 07 / 16 / 2014

I enjoyed my visit to Vegan Folie's very much; the chocolate chip cookies and blueberry un-cheesecake were delicious and the staff was welcoming and helpful. Available were a variety of other dessert options including brownies, cupcakes, pies, and slices of cake in chocolate, vanilla, caramel, fruit, and almond varieties. A sweet spot near Place de la Contrescarpe!

ruzette
ruzette

Yumyum !!

Posted on 04 / 21 / 2014

This is a great place ! It serves sweet vegan pastries, like cupcakes, cheesecakes, cookies, and brwonies. You can also buy a lemonade or an alcohol-free drink.
I have tried many cupcakes, there are good, but maybe too sugary to me.

My preference goes to cheesecakes, espacially the Toffee Lee Jones (yes, there are funny names !).
Everyday there are some specials, so it's always refreshing to go there and try something new !
There are only 3 seats, the place is small, but you can take your food away and eat it in front of Notre Dame :)

Pros: Awesome cheesecakes, Friendly lady
Cons: Too small to sit and pause
HappyElo
HappyElo

Great Vegan Bakery

Posted on 04 / 05 / 2014

We had cheescake, the blueberry one it's fantastic! There are only three seets. We take cookies to take away, very yummie.

Pros: All Vegan, Yummie, Gentle Staff
Cons: Expensive
Kittybiscuit
Kittybiscuit

Creative bakery

Posted on 12 / 24 / 2013

On my trip to Paris, this was the second place I aimed to visit. On various visits I tried the cheesecake (delicious), a red Astaire cupcake and a biscuit. I wouldn't rush back for the cupcake although it was tasty enough, but I much preferred the cheesecake and biscuit. The person serving was lovely.

Pros: cheesecake, location
policka
policka

EXCELLENT

Posted on 12 / 18 / 2013

I had an amazing mango halloween-themes cheesecake and a chocolate cookie

Pros: delicious, location
Yilla
Yilla

So yummy! :)

Posted on 11 / 07 / 2013

We were in Paris last year and when I searched for vegan restaurants online, I also found this store. Of course I had to go! :) And I am glad I did. Although the cupcakes are not cheap, they are worth it. I bought several and loved them all and they look so good! I would love to go again someday.

Pros: Vegan, cupcakes
Cons: price
Alter
Alter

Great to have a vegan bakery in Paris !

Posted on 10 / 26 / 2013

I stop by at the Vegan Folie's each time I go to Paris, the owner is very friendly and there's always a new treat to taste. I also go there to support the initiative, as I want this bakery to last, and many others to open in the future.
I enjoy the fact that this bakery is 100% vegan and organic.

PhysicsNinja
PhysicsNinja

Quirky Little Bakery

Posted on 07 / 31 / 2013

When I found out that Vegan Folie's was the only 100% plant-based bakery in Paris, I was determined to visit. It is conveniently located near some major attractions including the Jardin du Luxembourg and Pantheon, and also lies on the same street where the well known morning Mouffetard Market is situated.

Although the shop itself is relatively small without provided seating, it is difficult to miss thanks to the bold signage. I appreciated the oddly but kind of cutely named pastries, as well as the list of ingredients directly underneath. The lady running the bakery was friendly, and made me feel welcomed.

As for the food, I decided against the tempting chocolate caramel cheesecake and instead opted for the unusual citron and bergamot cheesecake. The texture was a bit too hard and not melt in your mouth like typical cheesecakes, but the flavour was rather elegantly subtle. Not too strong, not too sweet.

Pros: Quirky flavours, Good location, Great staff
Cons: Texture could be improved
Mu
Mu

only vegan bakery in paris

Posted on 06 / 15 / 2013

i was glad to find such a place in paris. the place is lovely and well located; it s small but its meant for take away anyway .

Pros: staff
Cons: price, not the tastiest cake on earth
Kyttiara
Kyttiara

Très déçue

Posted on 06 / 15 / 2013

De passage à Paris, je décide de tester ce fameux Vegan folie's, dont j'entendais parler depuis longtemps.
Première surprise en entrant dans la boutique...Minuscule, trois gâteaux en vitrine; et un grand rideau vert cachant la cuisine (louche...)
Cheesecake pas extra; fait au tofu ferme (à presque 6euros la part); les cupcakes n'étaient pas très frais non plus selon moi...
Aucune possibilité de prendre un café ou un thé, seulement un choix limité de boissons fraiches.
Quand j'en viens à parler avec la demoiselle qui tient la boutique et lui explique que c'est tout de même plaisant d'avoir une pâtisserie vegan à Paris, je lui dis également qu'aura lieu un pic nique vegan ce dimanche. Elle m'invite clairement à plutôt venir participer à la ,manifestation contre la fermeture des abattoirs "car un pic nique vegan ne génère pas d'article journalistiques ni n'informe les gens sur l'obligation que nous aurions à être végétaliens pour être des hommes meilleurs..." Enfin bref je me retrouve face à un mur, moi-même vegan je suis dans l'incompréhension je me sens agressée et honteuse de me faire "insulter" par quelqu'un qui joue dans le même clan que moi... La discussion s'est ainsi poursuivie pendant une dizaine de minutes jusqu'à ce que mon ami et moi ne décidions de partir, puisque c'était tout simplement un dialogue de sourds.
Bref, quand on tient un commerce, mieux vaut garder l'esprit ouvert et ne pas crier tout fort que les gens sont des idiots car ils n'ont pas adapté votre mode de vie (ou qu'ils ne sont pas des militants adeptes de la PETA...)
Elle m'a réellement mise trop mal à l'aise pour que je n'ose remettre les pieds là-bas un jour... Dommage

Pros: vegan in Paris, Rather good Bakery
Cons: political social issues, prices, small size, no music
DanielAmaral
DanielAmaral

a disappointment

Posted on 05 / 17 / 2013

The cupcakes are just lame. I feel very bad to write reviews like this, but that's the feeling I got from the store. After having a lot of great vegan deserts in Paris, I felt that Vegan Folie's could not keep up with them. The cupcake I had tasted a little like it was gone bad and the cheesecake was just tasteless. Would not come back.

Cons: awful cupcakes
gingercat
gingercat

Vegan Treats

Posted on 05 / 15 / 2013

I was so excited to find a vegan bakery in Paris! The girl who was working there was very friendly. Not a large selection of treats, several cupcakes, one type of cookie, and two cakes. But everything was really nicely presented and I wish I could have tried one of everything . I got a chocolate chip cookie and a chocolate and vanilla cupcake. Both were really delicious. A little on the pricier side but I'm willing to pay it as vegan options are so limited in this city.

Pros: friendly staff, everything is vegan
Cons: expensive
lilund
lilund

vegan folies

Posted on 05 / 14 / 2013

I was so excited to finally have a vegan bakery in Paris. I went there 3 times, because I really waned to give it a second and a third chance. The cupcakes are really awful! The cream doesn't stay on the cupcake, it melts after not even a half hour, the cupcakes are super dry and always taste like they're a couple of days old, Ive tried the salty and the sweet ones, and also the brownies. It is very expensive and very bad. Its a big disappointment.

Pros: entirely vegan
VeganAutumn
VeganAutumn

Amasing cupcakes!!

Posted on 03 / 31 / 2013

I was lucky going to Paris to discover vegan folies.
And what! Wahouuu! I really enjoyed myself!
I took 4 different cupcakes and 2 cheesecakes to take away. I ate one cupcake with a tea beverage on the spot.
Result: I fell in love with these cakes are so tasty, soft, melting, in a word, delicious! I regret not live in Paris to be able to eat every day!
Next time I will taste the brownies and sandwich cookies!

Pros: Vegan, organic, Friendly staff, Excellent cakes
Notre-Dame
Notre-Dame

Lame Cupcake

Posted on 03 / 25 / 2013

This bakery is a big disappointment. I never ate cupcakes so bad in my life. The cream without butter is strange, not smooth, with sorts of unpleasant lumps. Nothing to do with a real classic cupcake. Yet it is not difficult to replace butter with margarine. And then the cake is bland and a little bit dry. I even felt like eating something defrosted. The cheesecake is weird and not look like a real creamy cheesecake, This one is heavy and too stiff.
So I realy don't recommend the experience.

Pros: Vegan, Organic
Cons: Bad food, Sad place, Expensive prices
jaimepapier
jaimepapier

Not Just For Vegans!

Posted on 02 / 24 / 2013

I'm only three quarters way to being vegan myself, but my boyfriend is vegan so I thought I'd check this place out. I had a John Lemon cupcake and fell in love at once. I go almost every weekend now to either try the special of the day or to sample the ever evolving menu. As well as fairly standard chocolate cupcakes and cookies, Vegan Folie's isn't afraid to experiment with more interesting ingredients, like rose and lavender. They even do three savoury cupcakes ('cupcakes salés') which are as gorgeous as their sucré counterparts.

Though the cupcakes seem quite expensive, you can easily make a quick and relatively cheap meal out of their 'formules'. A savory cupcake and a slice of cheese cake plus an organic drink might not sound like a lot, but it really does fill you up.

I've taken a couple of non-vegan, non-vegetarians in there too and they both really enjoyed it. If you have friends doubtful of the vegan lifestyle with illusions of eating nothing but lentils, pretend cheese and sawdust, this is the place to take them.

Finally, this bakery is truly committed to be all round vegan in every aspect. Not only are no animal products used anywhere in the cupcake production line, but even the electricity cooking them and keeping them fresh is from renewable sources and the building was painted with ecological solvent-free paint! So more than suitable for through-and-through vegans too.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, Lovely vibe
Cons: A little expensive
happyveg31
happyveg31

Delicious vegan and organic cake

Posted on 02 / 24 / 2013

I wanted to test this pastry for a while and I was very pleasantly surprised
you have the choice between 7 flavours of cupcakes ( one changes every day )all are beautiful and have a funny name , i choose Butter Reynolds ( peanut butter /chocolate ) , Red Astaire (strawberry / raspberry ) and Bunny Tyler ( carrot cake) they were delicious and not to sweet with soft cake and sweet top .
I also took the Cheesecake Vanilla/cherrie and it was amazing , gorgeous and really tasty .
All of this served with smile et warmth , I will be back to try other flavors and maybe the brownie.

Pros: savoury and sweet, Completely vegan, Friendly staff
Cons: only in Paris !!
Bibou31000
Bibou31000
  • non-vegetarian

Excellents Cupkakes, Cheesekakes et Brownies

Posted on 02 / 23 / 2013

L'accueil est chaleureux, les Cupkakes, Cheesekakes et Brownies sont vraiment excellents et magnifiques. De plus, ils sont Bio et Vegans! Le tout pour un bon rapport qualité/prix.

Si vous etes sur Paris, il faut passer chez Vegan Folie's, c'est LA référence dans le domaine des Cupcakes.

Petit conseil: pour autre sur d'avoir vos Cupkakes préférés vous pouvez les réserver par téléphone.

Pros: Gout , Qualité , Rapport qualité/prix
Cons: -, -, -
Fer
Fer

The only vegan pastry in Paris

Posted on 01 / 27 / 2013

Bakery and pastry full vegan. Variety of cakes and sweets. Some of them (like cupcakes) with purpurin and a strange (and no ever good) taste and flavour for us. Much better the cheesecakes. No very cheap but affordables.

Pros: Varied products
Cons: No cheap, Strange tastes
Jneny ...
Jneny ...

Many fine treats

Posted on 01 / 20 / 2013

Tasty cupcakes, cakes and cookies. A few seats inside. Mhm! Caution is advised when one takes the creamy cupcakes in a bag ...

mononoke
mononoke

vegan folies

Posted on 01 / 07 / 2013

day one in paris and we really wanted to try vegan folies !

we had one cupcake, chocolate noisette or something like that but unfortunately we did not like the cupcake at all. the topping was strange and the cake tasted not chocolate or sweet enough for our taste. we will try something else next time :)

Pros: friendly staff, cute place
Cons: "no seats"
marta red
marta red

sweet surprise

Posted on 11 / 12 / 2012

I was excited to find in Paris a vegan bakery and I went there on Sunday.
I tried with my husband the salty cupcakes (tomato,curry and hummus) - they were good a little bit heavy.
then we tried the sweet cupcakes (almond,strawberry,chocolate ) they were very good apart from the chocolate one that was not so good.
The cheesecake was very tasty and yummy not so sweet.
I will go back again and I am happy that in Paris there are people so courageous to open a 100/% vegan bakery and let vegan people to taste pastries and cakes that are not so easy to ind in this town.

Pros: nice place, good pastries, good cakes
Cons: few seats, some heavy cupcakes
jcberger
jcberger

huge letdown

Posted on 11 / 08 / 2012

I was so excited to go to this bakery because I've been missing vegan pastries so much since I moved to Paris. Unfortunately the almond vanilla caramel cupcake I had was an enormous letdown. The cake itself was pretty flavorless and boring, but the frosting was downright disgusting: terrible flavor and horrible texture, not at all creamy. The only part I enjoyed were the almonds on top. I may go back again only to try a cookie or a piece of cheesecake, but I will definitely NOT be getting another cupcake.

Cons: cupcake, overpriced, frosting
OneNightStanzas
OneNightStanzas

Paris cupcake love!

Posted on 10 / 17 / 2012

My bloke and I were so excited when we passed this little place on our way to another vegan restaurant. We were super happy to see it was open Sunday and headed in there mid-morning. The place was empty so we were able to take advantage of the few small seats. I ordered the Cupcake Du Jour which was chestnut cream and orange confiture, and it was AMAZING. Subtle flavours, not too sweet and it didn't leave me with a sickly sweet feeling as some cupcakes do. My bloke had the Johnny Nutsville which was chocolate and hazelnut with vanilla icing. MUCH sweeter but still utterly delicious. The cupcakes are lovely -- light and moist, really great. They're four euros each which is decent for how much you get and the quality. Others are complaining about no hot drinks but we really didn't mind that -- it's mostly a takeout place so just grab a coffee from one of the millions of cafes in the same area?! We also drooled over the cheesecake, brownies and cookies on display but didn't try them this time.

As others have pointed out the lady running the shop was LOVELY, very polite and friendly and spoke excellent English. She made us feel really welcome!

We'll surely go back next time we're in Paris! Super recommended!

Pros: Lovely cupcake lady, So much choice - many a cupcake flavour!, Delicious and good value
Cons: Not much seating but that was OK!
Veggiebrookie
Veggiebrookie
  • fruitarian

cute place

Posted on 10 / 05 / 2012

Small and quaint cupcake shop. Very friendly service with good english. doesn't open till 11.00 and doesn't serve hot drinks. We tried the tomato basil cupcake - which was delicious! and the hommus felafel one which was not bad either. the john lemon cupcake was pretty good - icing could have been creamier. Also did try the toffee cheesecake - bold flavours, 2 bites each and couldn't go on. Good value for money though and would probably go back for more cupcakes.

Pros: Friendly helpful service, Good value, decent cupcakes!!
Cons: Small place, no hot drinks, overpowering flavours.
froekenlisa
froekenlisa

Small but good take away option

Posted on 09 / 19 / 2012

If you are in for a sweet treat, Vegan Folie's is a great place to go. I had the John Lemon cupcake, 80% for the name though. The pastry was very oily but the pieces of candied ginger made up for that. The lemon cream on top was nice, yet could have been fluffier.
I would have liked to get at least a coffee or any other warm beverage with it, so a little disappointed they only offer Bionade, rice drinks or water.
The cheesecakes looked delicious and I will probably go back to try one of the salty cupcakes (basil & dried tomatoes, hummus, curry) as they looked amazing, their combinations sounded yum and above all, I never had a salty cupcake before...
The girl working there was very friendly and I will not complain too much about the tiny establishment or the missing warm drinks as it is very hard, near to impossible, to get vegan cake in Paris.
All in all it's a great concept but improvable.

Pros: creative cupcakes, organic, nice stuff
Cons: tiny place, only cold drinks, three stools in front of a shelf/ "table
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

I

Posted on 08 / 31 / 2012

As you can read, I love vegan cupcakes and usually I make them at home. For vegans it is almost impossible to get great desserts in a cafe or restaurant so I was really excited abouth that place. I visited abouth 3 or 4 times and really like it, even if there are some bad points, too.
They do nots have hot drinks like coffee and they only have 3 or 4 seeds, so it is almost impossible to eat there.
They have abouth 4-6 cupcakes to chose from, and very few other stuff, today they had one cake and brownies.
The cupcakes cost abouth 4€, the brownie abouth 2€.
They look so great and lovely but they are really to sweet and havy, so even for me how can normally eat 5 cupcakes without any problem even one of them is to much.
But the stuff is really friendly and they sell very special flavours, so try it out ;-)

Pros: beautiful cupcakes, friendly stuff, tasty
Cons: to sweet and havy, almost no seeds, no coffee
gracep
gracep

Mixed results, but I'll probably go back

Posted on 08 / 30 / 2012

I came in the last hour of business on one day so I didn't have many choices. I still found 3 items that I wanted, though. They were the orange flower sweet cupcake, Lebanese savoury cupcake, and toffee cheesecake. The orange flower cupcake had a topping on it that looked like icing but tasted like it was made predominantly out of semolina. "What the hey!" I figured, and gave it a go. It was pretty much terrible. The orange flower water flavour was way, wayy too strong in it. Easily solved by wiping the topping off, though. But then the cupcake itself was also a bit iffy. The texture was good and there was a satisfying caramlisation on the upper surface, but the flavour was just okay. The Lebanese cupcake was pretty gross. I ate it anyway because in Paris there's not much to eat as a vegan and the things from this cupcake store were my 7pm breakfast (don't judge me). Anyway, it certainly taste felafel-y, but it was way, way too strong on the cumin and the texture was weird. I think it had too much of some kind of rising substance in it, because the inside of it had like a crumpet texture....The cheesecake was the best part, which was surprising, since on here a lot of people have given unenthusiastic reviews of the cheesecakes. There was a thick chocolate ganache on top which was very rich and a cookie crust. I actually couldn't finish all of it, and since all I'd had to eat before that in the day was two little cupcakes, that really lets you know just how heavy the sweetness and richness is.

I agree with the points about the richness people have mentioned. I say this in relation to the toffee cheesecake. The pieces could be 1/3 or 1/2 smaller and still be enough for me (why don't I just cut them? because I'm traveling and I have no fridge. Also, shush). Even so, I will likely return to the shop. Vegan dessert shops are pretty much non-existent where I come from, and I think this shop, though hit-and-miss, is promising. It's kinda far away from my hotel, but dat toffee cheesecake.

But as a real vanilla fan, I found it disappointing that almost everything was chocolate.

Pros: Prices not bad with combo deals, Staff really friendly, Quite good
Cons: So rich, sweet, and heavy, Maybe too much focus on chocolate stuff, Location a little bit inconvenient
AnnFromIllinois
AnnFromIllinois

Miam!

Posted on 07 / 15 / 2012

Wow! Vegan treats in Paris! And on top of it the service is super friendly. There's always a new cupcake of the day along with the old standbys (both sweet and savory depending on your mood). Cookies and brownies are also available along with an assortment of natural bottled drinks. Plus the shop is located along one of the cutest little semi-pedestrian streets in Paris. Well worth going!

Pros: All vegan, Great service, Cute cupcakes worthy of gifting
Cons: Not many place to sit inside
katlove
katlove

Pretty Sweet

Posted on 06 / 27 / 2012

I enjoyed the vanilla almond cupcake recently at Vegan Folie's!

The cake itself was dense and not very sweet. More like a muffin or even corn bread (you know how cornbread is just slightly sweet?). However, on the top of this cake I found a frosting that was thick and super sweet.

The cake and frosting pairing made it an enjoyable indulgence. Not out of this world but certainly a nice treat! I will definitely go back to sample the other flavors and deserts next time I'm in Paris.

Pros: Friendly, Vegan
Liina
Liina

Best cheesecake I've ever had!

Posted on 06 / 16 / 2012

There were two options for cheesecakes and we tried them both, the other was with berries and other one with caramel. Best cheesecake I've ever eaten. We ate them whole watching the different cupcakes that were so beautiful it seemed impossible to take eyes off them. There were six different sweet ones and maybe 4 or 5 salty ones. We finally took with us a couple of them. They were good, but maybe not as good as they looked. (I'm not saying they were bad.)

But that cheesecake... it was heavenly. I must agree with those of you who say it was heavy. It was, but I liked it. I will definitely go back for that if I ever visit Paris again.

The atmosphere was boutique-like, quite minimal in decoration, located on a narrow street along with other boutiques. From what I understood you can also order individualized cup cakes if you do that well in advance.

Overall rating: excellent. Not only because of that cheesecake but also because... well, come on, how often do you find a vegan bakery!?!

• Liina Liina

One more thing: I wouldn't exactly call it a restaurant, there's no food, just the pastries. So if you're going there to have dinner or lunch you will be disappointed. (Although that cheesecake might actually feel like you've had a lunch...)

klynnp12
klynnp12

Check it out

Posted on 06 / 05 / 2012

My sister and i went there and it was a quiet cute street i like the atmosphere. we got there a little late so there were not many options. we had a salted caramel cheesecake which was heavy but i liked it and we ate the whole slice. Also we had a hummus cupcake it was ok it was a little stale but loved the idea of a dinner cupcake. we also got a brownie good chocolaty flavor had a little too many nuts in it for me and was very crumbly keep in mind we did go there at the end of the day.
I really did enjoy the experience the women was very friendly and i would go back and its worth the trip to check it out! good luck hopefully there will be more vegan bakeries opening up! peace

heywood100
heywood100

A Little Disappointing

Posted on 05 / 28 / 2012

Dropped into this place and picked up a chocolate cheesecake, but I have to agree with a couple of the other reviews that it was VERY heavy - to the point that even two of us couldn't finish it together. Which I suppose means that you get your money's worth, but it was also rather stodgy and the chocolate-y taste was somewhat on the bitter side.

Having said that, the woman behind the counter was very friendly, and they do have a range of other products, so as possibly the only vegan cake shop in Paris, don't write it off entirely on the say-so of this one-time visitor.

IngridV
IngridV

highly disapointed

Posted on 05 / 26 / 2012

I've been to a lot of vegan place.
I really like the location, the seller was really nice, the deserts looked so good but that's it.
I had a cupcake which was just eatable, the topping was so heavy, but tasty (no honor in it , it's just chocolinette)
about the cake it was unsavoury heavy and not sweet at all.
Cudows for the cookie who was Marvellous.

Then I came back another day for a cheesecake.... I was craving for berries so I took the blueberry and vanilla one.
The cheesecake was supper heavy on tofu (should use silken tofu) for a vegan cheesecake (which are usually really light ) I was stoked. the blueberry topping was totally unsatisfied for me: to sum up not really tasty at all.

I think there is a lot to improve, I will come back to take some others in case I just tasted the bad ones.

hairybec
hairybec

Delicious vegan treats

Posted on 05 / 26 / 2012

I loved this place! I'd go there every day if I could! The lady there was very friendly and spoke great english so we had a lovely chat. There was a great choice of cupcakes, all with fun and tempting names like John Lemon, Jonny Nutsville and Austin Flowers. There's also a cupcake of the day. I had a chocolate hazelnut cupcake and i could've eaten 3 more of them, they were delicious and not too sweet. My partner had an almondy cake with a lovely creamy topping. We ate ours on the premises, at a cute little bar. I loved them so much, I bought a box of 6, which I brought home and have been enjoying every day since! Just a word of warning if you try to do the same, get them packaged in two boxes of 3 because the 6 box is huge! Also get them in the fridge ASAP because the toppings melt fast! I had to wrap each cake in cling film to get them home in one piece. Oh, I didn't mention the savoury cakes: basil and tomato, falafel with hummus and a curry cupcake. I bought a basil one and it was yummy, not at all sweet and full of flavour. If you're a vegan in Paris, don't miss this little gem.

Pros: Friendly staff, Great choice, savoury and sweet, Not too sweet a treat
Cons: There's not one where I live!
Librahi
Librahi

Okay

Posted on 04 / 27 / 2012

I was going to be more kind but thought this deserved an honest review since it has enough good ones. Had chocolate cheesecake and some chocolate peanut butter cupcake. Took brownie to go. Probably my fault for not getting a fruity icing one, but the two I got (my wife and I) were just okay. I cook a lit of sweets and think mine are better (naturally). But, I think I got the wrong things. Wife says brownie is very good. Prices are high. 4 Euro for a cupcake (regular sized) is a lot. Brownie and cheesecake were in line with other places. Super friendly girl working there. Hope this place succeeds.

Pros: Vegan!!!, Sweets
Cons: A little pricey
VegoRob72
VegoRob72

A must for sweet-toothed vegans

Posted on 04 / 19 / 2012

If I lived in Paris I would become diabetic eating at Vegan Folies. All kinds of sweet and savoury cupcakes made by people obviously passionate about providing sweet-toothed vegans in Paris with some kind of sugary joy - ethically. We tried the falafel cupcake, which tasted EXACTLY like a falafel complete with hummus on top. But we went crazy on the sweet cupcakes and I devoured two delicious choc-chip cookies.

Definitely a must for vegans in Paris. Thanks to the owners - it's been tough having to miss out on all the sweet stuff here in Paris.

Pros: Heaps of options, Delicious
Cons: Best eaten straight away
Babette
Babette

What a nice vegan place to have in Paris

Posted on 03 / 16 / 2012

I was excited to go to an all-vegan cupcake joint. I had the Italian salty cupcake which was absolutely delicious. It tasted like pizza! I highly recommend that item.

The cheesecakes were good, but they didn't taste cheesecake-like.

Pros: Completely vegan, Tasty food, Friendly staff
Cons: Expensive, Limited seating, No coffee
estefinparis
estefinparis

Vegan cupcakes finally in Paris

Posted on 02 / 05 / 2012

Vegan Folie's finally brings quality vegan sweets to Paris - delicious and creative cupcakes and also salted cupcakes and vegan cakes. Personally I prefer Vegan Folie's to Ms Cupcake as the cupcakes here are less sweet and somehow feel "healthier". All ingredients are organic and the store abides by a code of ethics such as using local products where possible and using a renewable energy provider. Worth a lot of praise! Best of luck to Vegan Folie's

Zmeika
Zmeika

Sweet spot

Posted on 01 / 31 / 2012

Located in Paris center, small and cute shop full of desserts like cheesecakes, sweet and salted cupcakes. The prices are higher than moderate. Everything is hand made. Cupcakes cost around 4 euros, the cupcake of the day and cheesecakes are more expensive.There are some formulas available, like 1 drink (Bionade) + 1 sweet cupcake + 1 salted cupcake = 8 euros.
I asked about the ingredients for coloring, they are natural. So it's a nice place to try, but I can't say I will go there often, there prices for me are still high. Also in the cream of cupcakes I could perfectly feel sugar which were not melted.

Pros: everything is vegan, Location
Cons: More cheesecakes!, more formulas
Proca
Proca

Vegan Sweet Stars in Paris

Posted on 12 / 19 / 2011

Per tutti quelli che visitano Parigi gustare i cupcakes di Vegan Folie's e imperdibile come la visita al Louvre!
Tutti gusti raffinati proposti nelle declinazioni dolce e salata... l'effetto ciliegia é garantito: uno tira l'altro!
E non sono da tralasciare i "non-cheescake" fettone di torta perfette per chiudere un pasto, accompagnare un the o, semplicemente, per soddisfare la gola!
Tengo a precisare che gli ingredienti sono al 100% vegetali e derivati dell'agricoltura biologica, una giovane avventura alla quale auguro (ma ne sono certo) un futuro stellare!

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, Big portions
didine
didine

I LOVE VEGAN FOLIE'S

Posted on 12 / 18 / 2011

Wonderful vegan and organic bakery near the Pantheon.
Cupcakes are so beautiful and tasty! I love the peanut butter and chocolate cheesecake :)
It's a place to be in Paris!

Pros: Vegan, Quality, Beautiful
SayaVeg
SayaVeg

The first vegan bakery in Paris!

Posted on 12 / 17 / 2011

Specializing in cupcakes, Vegan Folie's has got you covered with 6 different flavours as well as 3 savory ones! They also offer cheesecakes, cookies and brownies. Soon to come : 'limited edition' cupcakes - I'm eagerly awaiting the holiday specials. This is the perfect place for a snack, and you can even order whole cheesecakes or batches of cupcakes for special occasions. They have many interesting formulas too.

Pros: delicious cupcakes with unusual flavours, great location, friendly staff
monaveg
monaveg

not to miss

Posted on 12 / 17 / 2011

Exquisite organic vegan cupcakes, cheesecakes and cookies, with delicious classical flavours but also lots of yummy surprising savors like the lavender-apricot cupcake. Organic vegan drinks too. Situated in the nice Mouffetard street. Don't miss it !

PhilippeNicolitch
PhilippeNicolitch

Recently opened Vegan Cupcake Bakery

Posted on 12 / 17 / 2011

Yum... Lots of colorful and yummy choices are to be found in this newly opened vegan bakery. Located in the heart of the 5th arrondissement, this is a new vegan addition to the Paris vegan world. A selection of delicious flavours is offered daily, as well as yummy cheesecakes and to-die-for brownies. Is Paris becoming a real Vegan destination or what???

Pros: Choice, Taste, Decoration
Cons: Too far from home
jeanpaulf
jeanpaulf

Sweet Paradise in Paris

Posted on 12 / 17 / 2011

Vegan Folie's is the first vegan patisserie in Paris. The cupcakes are just stunning. They are as beautiful as they are delicious. Flavours are for everyone's tastes: chocolate with Chocolinette (sort of vegan Nutella made out of cashew butter), Vanilla with caramelized peanuts, orange blossom, lemon and ginger, etc...
Moreover, they also serve salty cupcakes (Lebanese, Indian and Italian). A place you definitely can't miss if you are vegan visiting Paris, and a new home if you live in Paris!

Pros: flavours, variety, cupcakes decoration

Dear Owner and Manager of Vegan Folie's: