Vegan City Fast Food

A la carte menu, vegan burgers, as well as vegan buffet where you pay for food by weight. Owner is inspired by Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for vegetarian living. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, Asian, Western, International, Buffet, Fast food, Delivery

First Review by Leasy-lou
Amy1274
Amy1274

Don't Let The Name Discourage You

4 Posted on 11 / 25 / 2013

Being put off by the thought of, "fast-food," we only tried this place because it was close to where we were staying. But apart from the cheap-and-cheerful diner-style decor, it turned out to be a real gem. The waiter was friendly and efficient, and even though we arrived only shortly before closing time did not rush us at all, and the menu is very comprehensive, with a large selection of options from different cuisines as well as a buffet (and a small shop section). It was great to be somewhere fully vegan and not have to ask about ingredients etc, though it's just good to be aware that there are many fake-meat dishes, so it's not the best choice if you're not a fan of these, nor if you are looking for somewhere that serves alcohol. But the wantons and curries were filling and tasty, portion sizes were good, and the prices good value; overall I would return.

Pros: Price, Portion sizes, Completely vegan
Cons: Location, Dominance of fake meat
lightweaver
lightweaver

Tasty and cheap

4 Posted on 11 / 18 / 2013

Went on a Friday night and wish I'd gone back Saturday since they're closed Sundays. Food was tasty and really inexpensive. Pho and Kung Pao dishes were large portions and the mock meat (seitan or soy, not sure) was really good. Fresh rolls and wantons also delicious. Interior isn't incredibly attractive (I deplore fluorescent lighting in any circumstance, but especially while dining), but it was clean enough and the waitress was sweet and spoke English. Regret not going back again on Saturday as it was better than Loving Hut.

Pros: Tasty, Cheap, Good portions and take-out option
Cons: Fluorescent lighting
kalich
kalich

best

5 Posted on 06 / 09 / 2013

despite strange interior, it is my favourite vegan "resturant" in prague - very tasty, cheap and very long menu.
All of my "non-vegetarian" that tried this one, were also very satified.

Pros: long menu, big portions, prices, staff
fletchiekins
fletchiekins

Cheap and Cheerful

5 Posted on 01 / 11 / 2013

This restaurant as the name suggests is not five star dining but if like me you are into mock meat at a cheap price then this place is for you.

I ate here most days I was in Prague and each day the food was delicious. I would highly recommend to others esp back packers from the nearby hostels.

WholeWideFood
WholeWideFood

Good, but a bit strange

3 Posted on 08 / 04 / 2012

For me it was a strange restaurant mainly because it contained so much fake, like fake beef, fake seafood, fake fish, fake pork, it scared me. I found a section that contained tofu and thats okey, thats something I know what it is. So, I orderd this dish called: Rice with mixed thai vegetables, mushroom and deepfried tofu. It was the only dish on the menu that actually contained vegetables. It came out and the only veggie there was pak choi. Otherwise it was deep fried tofu, mushroom, sauce, white rice and pak choi. It was a disapointment.

The dish was really good though, it contained pepper so I was afraid it would taste too much but actually it was more ginger in it than pepper. It was a good dish!

The restauarant overall did'nt serve any alocohol, this scare some people off but cheer some people up. They had a good range of juices, teas and alocohol free beer but not really any dessert I wanted to eat.

The price was nice, but the first days in a easteuropean country all the prices are nice. That is just something you will have to decide by yourself :)

If you ever go to Prague, this is one of the three vegan restaurants thats there and I actually advice you to stop by. The food was good, abit strange overall, but really good. I hope you enjoy it!

Pros: price, taste
Cons: veggies, meatsubstitutes (I think it's scary)
SPC
SPC

Avoid the buffet !!

4 Posted on 07 / 27 / 2012

Ok I've been there 2 days in a row, first time I've took the buffet, I was expecting a good meal because of the good review and stuff... But everything had no flavor, it was horrible...

Today I've been and took something from the menu because the reviews were all about stuff in the menu and not the buffet. It was delicious. I cant understand why their buffet is awful like that and that their food from the menu was awful...

Pros: Delicious, nice staff, english speaking
Cons: avoir the buffet
dyna85
dyna85

My favourite

5 Posted on 05 / 28 / 2012

Living in Prague, I visit this restaurant whenever I'm in the neighbourhood. No matter if you are in a mood for a burger, meat substitute with very authentic taste or veggies with tofu, you won't have trouble finding something you'll like. Prices are really affordable and portions more than generous. I recommend especially the Barbecue Bun dish with rice noodles and peanut sauce and the Tuna Spaghetti. Don't forget to try their desserts, they are great too.

Pros: price, variety, coziness and friendly staff
CathrineThomassen
CathrineThomassen

Vegan-Heaven!

5 Posted on 03 / 29 / 2012

This restaurant or Bistro is heaven for all vegans, especially those who have a limited access to either vegan restaurants or groceries where they live, such as myself. I was overwhelmed by the amount of different dishes and categories that I went back five times during my one-week stay in Prague to be able to taste as many of the dishes as possible. They are tasty, savoury and spices can be added for the trained pallet. The staff is extremely helpful and actually took the time to teach me how to make one of their dishes! They make their own tofu which leaves you with a unique experience (and a fresh juicy tofu!). The atmosphere is casual and relaxed and the guests seem to be pleased with that. I will definately return to Prague simply to visit this reastaurant again.

Pros: Large selection of dishes, Fresh, authentic ingredients, Friendly and helpful staff
Cons: Easy to miss if you don't know about it
CaroSamsa
CaroSamsa

Vegan seafood! Yummy!

4 Posted on 03 / 10 / 2012

I was very hungry in the evening and went there half an hour before the restaurant wanted to close. But the staff was not annoyed and still very friendly and cooperative! They have a really wide range of great food! It was very varied and yummy! I chose the seafod and was very pleased.
The only disadvantage is that the restaurant is far away from the center of Prague. It is not easy to get there if you don't like walking :-)!

Pros: great range of great food, nice staff, inexpensive
Cons: far away from the center of the city
Leasy-lou
Leasy-lou

Delicious

4 Posted on 11 / 21 / 2011

I had lunch here recently and it was great. There was large menu of mainly Asian influenced foods. Ordered the Thai Noodles & was impressed (the tofu was done really well!), the only problem being the amount of oil used in the dish, which you started to feel towards the end. It was really cheap; 89ck, and there were cheaper items on the menu e.g. veggie burger for 49ck. Looking forward to going back and trying more :)

Pros: Cheap, Yummy, Asian-influenced
Cons: A little oily