Offers a variety of 100% vegan food served buffet style with a Caribbean twist, including mac and cheese, lasagna, potato salad, pasta salad. Located in the newly renovated BTL Park on Newton Barracks Drive next to the Princess Hotel/Casino. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Buffet, Take-out, Delivery, Catering

Yeah vegan
Yeah vegan

Good vegan food in Belize

Posted on 01 / 10 / 2015

After surviving on rice and beans for my trip, on our last day we found this gem....yeah!!! Comfort food at its best! The owner Reuben had many choices and everything was full of flavor and delicious. Did I mention that prices were a steal. We had fried rice made with brown rice, stew pumpkin, vegan ginger chicken(amaaaazing!!), and a zucchini medley. We also purchased vegetable, whole wheat patties for the road, along with 3 whole wheat, ginger chicken wraps. Reuben also had a extremely moist, vegan, carrot cake..yum yum yum. We regret that we found this place on the last day of our visit. Great 100% vegan food!

Pros: Great price, Full of flavor, Great portions
Mike Weinberg
Mike Weinberg

Wholesome Home-Cooked All Vegan!

Posted on 09 / 28 / 2014

Visiting from San Diego, I was thrilled to find a 100% vegan eatery in Belize City. Reuben told me that it was tough finding vegan food here, so he started his own restaurant. The food was tasty and filling with lots of choices, including dessert!
Updated from previous review on Sunday September 14, 2014

reuvenk
reuvenk

Good Vegan Food In Belize City

Posted on 06 / 15 / 2014

Tasty dishes, largely nut free (Ruben, the proprietor, was very helpful in explaining what ingredients he uses). Good location (BTL Park - safe at night too, and taxi drivers know where it is). Facebook page is up to date (as of 15.6.2014). I recommend calling ahead to verify that they're open. Great value (large styrofoam tray costs BZ$10). Would ceartinly go back if staying longer in Belize.

Pros: Good Food, Cheap
Cons: No Covered Seating

westcornersville
westcornersville

This was OK

Posted on 03 / 23 / 2014

First of all, kudos to Vegan Bites for creating an all-vegan place to eat in Belize City, where vegetarian food (other than rice and beans) isn't particularly common. Anyway, Vegan Bites is in a small hut in a waterfront park just north of the Princess Hotel and Casino, where there are other huts that serve various (mostly ethnic food such as Jamaican or Filipino, with usually limited vegetarian options). People eat outside on park benches. Anyway, Vegan Bites appears to normally be open at lunch, but are inconsistent with their evening hours (if they're open, they're open around 7-8 PM, but some evenings they're closed). Their food was OK but not great (could use a little more flavor/spice)--tasted a bit "amateurish" but at least there was a good variety in the buffet (which is priced based on the size of the container (it's styrofoam though)--if you get the large, then you can get a little of everything). They have a variety of soy dishes and vegetable dishes (callaloo, squash, okra, etc.), plus whole wheat tortillas and Jamaican patties. Hopefully they'll improve and become 4 or 5 "cows" soon!

Pros: Vegan!, good variety, nice setting in a park
Cons: not quite flavorful enough, served in styrofoam, inconsistent hours
Ras mark
Ras mark

Great...

Posted on 02 / 23 / 2014

I love their food. They have a good selection and the portions are filling. I was amazed by their lasagna. The cantaloupe juice was very refreshing, not too sweet or over powering just a great clean flavor. The other night they even had a bun and cheese selection....my oh my...haven't ate cheese in years but their vegan cheese hit the spot....staff members we ever so kind....I'm a satisfied customer!!!!!

Pros: The location is great, Good selection, Affordable prices

Dear Owner and Manager of Vegan Bites: