Formerly La Vie En Raw Cafe and re-opened Dec 2013 as a vegan organic cafe offering both raw food as well cooked food. Under same ownership. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Raw, American, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out, Delivery

Michael X. James
Michael X. James

Major Improvements Needed

2 Posted on 04 / 10 / 2014

I ate at La Vie En Raw last year and was significantly unimpressed with the food. However, I purchased a groupon (they run groupons often) so I figured I'd try it out again now that it's been rebranded. Unfortunately it did not get any better. The food was bland. My order was made incorrect so I didn't really eat it and their response was to give me half off. Vegan food has come a long way and this place has some serious catching up to do.

Pros: Organic, Vegan
Cons: Unfriendly service, Bland Food
msukert
msukert

Small But Great Restaurant

4 Posted on 03 / 09 / 2014

The restaurant is slightly tough to find but once you walk in the feel is quite relaxing. It's very small with only a few tables and and a waiting place at the bar if the tables are taken. It's a little under staffed but they appreciate people's patience. Even though the place is small and under staffed the people are very nice and informative. It's a small price to pay for the quality of food they provide you too. The menu IS marked for some raw foods the other unmarked options are obviously either raw or not. Clearly, some people just don't know the difference but if asked the management will inform you. I have a nut allergy and they new right off the top of their head which foods and desserts I couldn't have but always found an alternative. Great experience.

Pros: Informative, Vegan, Nut Free Options
Cons: Small, Under Staffed
AngelaSnyder
AngelaSnyder

not impressed

2 Posted on 03 / 04 / 2014

This was our third vegan restaurant to visit while in Miami and truthfully, wish I would have gone back to one of the other two than having this experience.
The menu was hard to decipher what was raw and what was cooked. The kitchen isn't really a kitchen at all, but some hot pots and plates behind the "bar" area.
The soup we ordered came out flavorless and was basically some al dente veggies in hot water. No seasonings AT ALL. The ravioli, which we THOUGHT was going to be cooked, was raw. It was tasty, but portion size was small.
The stuffed mushrooms were small and pricey for the few we got. My main course was a "stew" that again, was more al dente veggies in a broth...nothing even CLOSE to a stew. And again, VERY flavorless.
The location is decent, parking is difficult to find...the best part of the meal was the complimentary chocolate macaroons. That was the ONLY saving grace for the entire meal. Sad to say, you're better off skipping this place and finding one of the other places. Sorry.

Pros: Atmosphere
Cons: Small portion size, Flavorless food

Veganlawyer
Veganlawyer

Charming Atmosphere, Freshly Prepared Food

4 Posted on 02 / 23 / 2014

We were visiting Miami for a few days and decided to check out Vegan Aroma. We had a lovely time! It's a small restaurant run with a very personal touch. Our food was prepared fresh after we ordered, it was very tasty, and it was a good value.

In addition, the people are delightful - incredibly warm and welcoming. In fact, because of the wonderful conversation, we found out about a fantastic vegan-friendly farmer's market in Miami, as well.

We recommend this place. If you're looking for super efficient service and a fancy restaurant atmosphere, this may not be your best bet. But if you want tasty food, a warmly eclectic atmosphere, and a memorable experience, check out Vegan Aroma!

Vegan Vagabond
Vegan Vagabond

Hopefully it was just a bad night

3 Posted on 01 / 12 / 2014

My wife and I took a vegan curious friend to dinner here recently. We were very hopeful, as it is very close to where my wife and her friend are living. This place is very small. It appears that they can only make one set of orders at a time. So, with the experience we had, several groups showed up at the same time and it took a very long time for us to get served, as they made the food for the tables that ordered before us. About half of the things we tried to order off of the menu were not available that night, which they blamed on the holiday (Christmas/NYE). We ordered soups, pizza, a curry dish, lasagna, and another dish that I can't remember. Half of the things are raw, although it doesn't really say this on the menu. We could not tell which things were raw and which were cooked by looking at the menu. The soups were a flavorless bowl of mixed vegetables thrown into hot water. The vegetables were fresh and crispy, but it was like they literally took raw vegetables and put them in boiling water and immediately served them. I liked the vegetables, but there should be some type of broth other than just hot water, IMO. The pizza was good. I think it was Hawaiian pizza. It was raw, which was not indicated on the menu, but it was the best item we had. My wife got the curry vegetables and could not eat it. It was very bland curry sauce on vegetables and served on brown rice. This was a cooked dish. I ate the rest of it. It was good to me. No salt, very bland, but the vegetables were fresh, the rice was good and it tasted healthy. My lasagna was raw (no indication on the menu). It was blah, but I have to admit, I generally am not into raw. Our friend's dish was ok. She ate it, but it was clear that she wasn't impressed. We ended with raw coconut macaroons. They were just ok. My wife made me promise that I will never bring her to this place again, but I may attempt it one more time. South Florida is a vegan desert. This place is right on the edge of Little Havana, in a very meat centric area, and they are 100% vegan. I would love to support them. Perhaps other will give them a try and have a much better experience.

Pros: 100% vegan, Fresh
Cons: Slow service
  • brennanbroome brennanbroome

I have been to Veganaroma quite a few times as I live just around the corner.

The menu online, as well as the printed ones in the restaurant are clearly marked that the pasta dishes are "raw and served cold" and that "all toppings are raw" on the pizzas, so you must have just missed it there.

Veganaroma is a much needed establishment in an area lacking focus on fresh and healthy food options. It is 100% vegan AND 100% organic, so it needs all the support it can get. I suggest giving it another try!

Dear Owner and Manager of Veganaroma: