Vegafe - Augustijonu Str.

Offers daily specials with one vegan meal, marked, alongside other vegan options. Range juices and smoothies. A large portion of the menu items are Asian inspired (Indian and Chinese). Has English menu. Will pack your order for take-away. Pasties and cakes for sale at the counter. Rustic setting with an alternative and upmarket feel. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Western, Asian, Fusion, Juice bar, Take-out
Augustijonu Str. 2 (near junction with Saviclaus Str., Old Town)
Vilnius, Lithuania LT-01127

MirenBro
MirenBro

Good vegan/Veg Choice

Posted on 02 / 20 / 2014

The decor in Vegafe is excellent and the atmosphere is very relaxing.
I choice a smoothie, a small paneer pie as a starter and some vanilla pancakes for the main. The starter was lovely,but I was left slightly disappointed with the main...seemed to be lacking something.
Nonetheless this appears a real solid choice for veg/vegan food in Vilnius...may have just had an off day. Similarly I can see this being an awesome place to spend a few hours reading away or relaxing.

Pros: Choice, Location
Cons: Slightly Disapointed with Food
scratchgrey
scratchgrey

Great price and choice

Posted on 01 / 24 / 2014

There are two branches of this restaurant in Vilnius- this is the smaller one near the town hall square which has a 'shoes off' policy but there is another larger branch near the cathedral. Lots of choice here and vegan options are clearly marked. Very well priced and portions are huge.

veggieriga
veggieriga

Great, relaxing environment

Posted on 10 / 16 / 2013

Vegafe is very small, so for lunch it is best to go before 12, otherwise they might be full, in which case one can go to the other Vegafe location which is much bigger, but doesn't have as relaxing a feeling. Before sitting down, I thought it was the kind of environment where communal seating would be ok, but once I sat down, I realized it was an actual, relaxing restaurant and to share a table with strangers, however nice they might be, would distract from the relaxing feeling. The really nice thing about the restaurant is that although they become full, there is never any rush anyone, and actually I would have preferred a little that they could be a bit quicker with giving me my check. The food seems to be very slow food, so one should be prepared to spend at least an hour if you go for lunch.

I ate here twice and both times got the lunch special. The pasta was good and I could tell it was made with love; however, pasta is something that can be easily found at many restaurants, and perhaps I would have preferred something that is a little more difficult to find elsewhere. The second time, I had stuffed cabbage rolls. I was happy to be able to try a vegetarian traditional Lithuanian dish, although cabbage is not one of my favorite foods. It would be great if they would offer traditional Lithuanian food more often in their lunch specials. Very good lemonade.

The lunch menu is a decent price, but the a la carte menu is a bit expensive.

Pros: relaxing environment
Cons: a la carte menu is a bit expensive

Heidi Stecker
Heidi Stecker

A jewel!

Posted on 09 / 11 / 2013

Very nice restaurant with a lot of possibilities of vegan food and fine cakes. very cute outdoor courtyard and friendly people in the old town, but very quiet in a small street.

Pros: good location in oldtown
NomadShane
NomadShane

Cute Little Vegan Place

Posted on 08 / 03 / 2013

Cute little yoga place with restaurant, lots of vegan options including hummus, falafel, indian samosas and veggie dumplings. Cute outdoor courtyard with soothing music. Great spot.

Pros: Courtyard
vegan_ryan
vegan_ryan

Good food but a bit pricey

Posted on 02 / 20 / 2013

The food was great, the atmosphere was relaxed (almost too quiet) but I found the food a bit pricey.

However, the banana nut bread was some of the best I've had in my whole life.

Pros: All-veg, Friendly
Cons: Prices too high
policka
policka

Good food, great atmophere

Posted on 09 / 04 / 2012

very nice interior, we sat in the garden outside. fantastic food, not expensive but coming in small portions. we were satisfied but not completely full. I would recommend this to eerybody, and hope at the same time, they will have more vegan options and that the portions are bigger :-) oh, and it is easy to find! unfortunately, among all the smoothies i happened to order the least good - it really was not good!! celery and spinach juice - who thought it up? :-)))

Pros: delicious, cheap, nice place
Cons: small portions
kristinivarsson
kristinivarsson

Wonderful place!

Posted on 07 / 26 / 2012

Vegafe is an oasis in the centre of Vilnius and a must to visit! The food (cooked on ayurvedic principles) is great. Try the momos! They have several vegan options and a huge selection of juices, smoothies and lassis.

Pros: Great atmosphere, Excellent food
jollypig
jollypig

Superb. Love it!

Posted on 12 / 16 / 2011

I went to most of the veggie restaurants in Vilnius, but this was the best by a mile. The setting is quite rustic, but alternative at the same time. I saw hippy types and business people feeling equally comfortable.

The food is superb. At first glance it looks like a huge menu, but that's because all of the daily specials are listed. That day's special is marked in pencil and there are a few other options too (included v tasty falafel). The smoothies and lassis are fresh and delicious. I ate here a few times and was impressed with everything.

A pet hate of mine about some veggie places is that they go for 'healthy' food. I eat healthy at home, but when I eat out I want a treat and this place delivers. You can get alcohol and some fantastic cake.

If was to be really critical I'd say that they need more staff to cope with its popularity (it was rammed at 3pm on a Tuesday when I went) and it also ran out of the special one time.

If you're a veggie in Vilnius, this is the place to be.

Pros: Food is fantastic, Smoothies and lassies, Take away samosas
Cons: Need more staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Vegafe - Augustijonu Str.: