100% Vegan & Healthy Foodz. Cooked and raw options. Made in house. Gluten free also available. Real fruit smoothies, fresh squeezed juices, tea/coffee, and many pastry items. Offers cooking classes. Has wi-fi access. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, Raw, Juice bar, Take-out, Catering
177 Hilltown Village Ctr (corner of Chesterfield Parkway & Olive)
Chesterfield, Missouri 63017
636-536-6938

Open Tue-Sat 7:30am-8pm, Sun 11:30am-5pm, closed Mon for cooking classes & private events.

First Review by fondducoeur
trombonegirl
trombonegirl

Love!

5 Posted on 07 / 16 / 2012

I love that I can come here and have more than 1 or 2 options on the menu! There are very few places in St. Louis for vegans to eat and this is one of them! I've only been there once, and I had the portabella burger and really liked it. I'm dying to try the raw lasagna and the black bean burger! The place has a great atmosphere and the workers and owner are very nice. Oh...and the cookies are TO DIE FOR! I would go there just for the cookies! Literally the best cookie I've eaten in my life, even non-vegan ones...if you go there you have to get one, you'll love it, trust me! Also, the food portions look small but they're very filling.

Pros: Great atmosphere, friendly staff, great vegan and raw food
Cons: none
bixo
bixo

Oasis in St. Louis

4 Posted on 06 / 05 / 2012

Clean, well done, small cafe with nice staff and good food. Seems simple but that last ingredient is always missing in the food desert that is America's heartland. Sure you can get food without meat in it from ethnic eateries and the token salad or processed patty elsewhere but they all get their conventional, bland, nutrient-poor raw materials from the same 3 companies and have absolutely no eye towards health or nutrition during preparation. Vegadeli, on the other hand, gets it. That is how a simple thing done well becomes an oasis. Today I had 3 things: The raw pad thai uses linguini cut zuchini noodles, has an excellent mouth feel, and is really tasty. The chocolate chip cookie was soft and delicious and the vegatable juice hearty. I only visit STL on business, but when I do, I think this will be my oasis.

Pros: Raw, local, organic
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

Great new owner, really into the lifestyle

5 Posted on 02 / 08 / 2012

I ate here in November, under the new owner's watchful eye. She is very into the lifestyle and has stayed very active in the business. The food remains outstanding. Great selection of burgers and wraps, I always go for the burgers. I was able to get oil-free items, as well. There is indoor and outdoor seating if the weather is right and plenty of warm drinks if its chilly out.

Pros: burgers, will do oil-free, great selection

fondducoeur
fondducoeur

Good Food, Will Go Again

4 Posted on 02 / 01 / 2012

I finally made it to one of the only vegan restaurants in the St. Louis area. It's a small cafe with an all vegan menu of wraps, salad, veggie burgers, a few sides, smoothies, juices, and desserts. I tried the Kalafornia salad and a side of vegan mac and cheese. Both were very good. My husband tried the chipotle veggie burger, which was fine, but not overly flavorful.
They were out of desserts besides 1 cupcake, and the menu could be better (the wraps and salads were not terribly exciting and there were no "entree" type dishes), but it was all vegan and pretty tasty. My only real complaint was that it was pricey. My husband got a chunky monkey smoothie that was over $6, bringing our lunch to over $30. Yikes.
That being said, it was definitely good enough to go back, and its great to have an all vegan establishment in STL.

Pros: All Vegan, Good Vegan Mac and Cheese, Healthy Food
Cons: Pricey

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: VegaDeli: