Cozinha vegetariana. Pay for all-you-can eat or per kilo buffet weekdays, and Saturday is all-you-can eat. Also has veg burgers from $R10, salgados vegan snacks from R$3, plus you can also get dessert and cake. Previously located in a different location on Rua Augusta. Confirmed open Dec 2013. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Buffet, Fast food, Brazilian, Pizza, Western
Rua Augusta, 2030 Jardim Paulista
Sao Paulo, Brazil
11-30629989

Open Mon-Thur 11.30-15.00, Fri-Sat 11.30-18.00.

First Review by Merciless666
Viviane
Viviane

Great and divers buffet!

4 Posted on 04 / 23 / 2014

I loved the buffet. Ate there almost daily when I was in Sao Paulo. The food is really fresh and good, and not expensive at all.

The service was sometimes poor... forgetting things, not cleaning the tables, not smiling people... could work on that. More important than the ambience.

Pros: Great buffet, Quality food, Inexpensive
Cons: Service, Ambience
laranjatomate
laranjatomate

Simple but good

5 Posted on 03 / 30 / 2014

The self service buffet (lunch) has simple but nutritive and delicious dishes.
At hight, there are some hamburguers and bakery candies ttah look like the omnivore ones.
They have even vegan Capuccino!

Pros: Peopple committed to Veganism, Good cakes, hamburguers ans snacks, Near SESC Cinema
Cons: It does not open all nights of week
kennyp353
kennyp353

Gone downhill since they moved uphill

2 Posted on 02 / 25 / 2014

My first visit since they moved location and dramatically cut their opening hours. It's no longer focussed on fast food options - now it's really just about the buffet.

The buffet is heavily soy focussed with no hot vegetable options, the meagre salads looked so wilted and scary that I dared not try them, and the tabasco had that cloyed dried-on rim of cheap Anerican diners that refill their ketchup bottles. Ew.

As for what used to keep bringing me back here, the veggie dogs? They've doubled in price since they moved.

So I won't be bothering again. Another one bites the dust.

Original review:

I have been here a dozen times this year, only once for the lunchtime buffet which was very good and at R$16 the cheapest around (Vegethus is R$26 by comparison, and not significantly better). I usually come here as there are few late afternoon or evening options - most of the buffet places are lunchtimes-only - and this place does veggie burgers and other street food all day. Best value by far is the veggie dog - at R$5.50 it comes in a bed of mashed potato (!) inside the bread roll, with various sauces, and covered in thin potato chips.

One guy there speaks excellent English, and all of them are friendly, albeit a bit fierce-looking with all their tattoos.

Updated from previous review on Sunday August 29, 2010

Pros: not many any more
astro
astro

best food, best value

5 Posted on 11 / 12 / 2012

Vegacy became my local eatery - either for it's vegan burgers or the lunch buffet - either fixed price all you can eat (18 reals in Oct 2011) or pay per kilo (one loaded plate is about 17R) Their desserts were delicious but often ran out (because they were so popular!) The buffet selection is fresh and freshly-made and had some great regular staples (rice and feijoada) and different dishes every day - extensive cold salad variety, different hot food, quiches and tarts, lots of tofu, beans, soja protein, selection of sauces/oils and grains, coffee (americano) on tap and choice of cordials (very sweet)included in the buffet or drinks bought separately (other coffees, juices, fresh juices, beer). Sells a few vegan products (soaps, chocolates, bars), cupcakes and cakes, t-shirts.. staff extra lovely and food DELICIOUS!!!
It's a real favourite :-) Highly recommended! A favourite with non-vegan locals too!

Pros: excellent food, lots of variety, friendly
dnmp
dnmp

Good Vegan Dessert & Fast Food Like Food

4 Posted on 08 / 14 / 2012

I was here in July 2012 and I really enjoyed the food.

I never made it to the buffet but I had their Açai juice drink, their hamburger and their desserts.

I ended up eating here several times because I found the food to be good. The staff is nice and the location is quaint. They even sell Vegan home care items like soap and toothpaste so a great stop of you forgot something or ran out of something and you don't want to fair the drugstore.

I know I will be stopping by on my next trip to Sao Paulo.

Pros: Good Food, Location, Price
Cons: Small Space, Hours

pradipd
pradipd

Big Disappointment

2 Posted on 11 / 24 / 2011

This place turned out to be a big disappointment. We first went for lunch, but were late for the buffet that we had heard so much about. Then we went for dinner, since it is one of the few veg places open for dinner in the jrdins area. However, they really have just 2 items for dinner... burgers and hot dogs, with fries. We ordered the burgers with fries. It took a long time for the burgers to come out, and when they did, the patty was cold, there was no dressing of any kind, no salad or any other accompaniment. On top of it, it was quiet bland and without flavor. The fries never arrived from the kitchen by the time we were ready to pay and leave. The ambience too is very unusual. There were a couple of older gentlemen sitting and watching TV in a corner that resembled more like a living room.

Cons: Quality, Flavor, Choice
xPedroxVx
xPedroxVx

Vegacy

5 Posted on 11 / 23 / 2011

Um ótimo lugar para frequentar, atendimento de qualidade, pessoas simples, simpáticas e humildes, sempre muito prestativas. Tanto as refeições quanto os lanches e salgados oferecidos pelo estabelecimento sao ótimos. Um dos melhores lugares para frequentar quando estiver com vontade de experimentar comida boa e um ambiente agradável.

theveganbastard
theveganbastard

best brazilian restaurant ever!!!

4 Posted on 10 / 28 / 2011

I went in 2010 this place, in the new location, they have one of the best vegan buffets of Brazil, with a variety of meals you can take from healthy food to the junkie fast food, for a really good price, the place also have a small place which sales snack bars, candies and things like that. The kids working out there are really nice by the way. Highly recommended for vegan hardcore kids

nspanee
nspanee

Sao Paulo's finest?

5 Posted on 05 / 08 / 2011

We love Vegacy. we ate there everyday. Lunch buffet is inexpensive and has lots of variety, and healthy options. on the menu you can always get the fast food things like burgers, hot dogs, sandwich....we tested every single dish from the menu and none of it was dissapointing.
everyone eats there. from businessmen in suits to heavy tattooed people. it is a place where you get good food for a good price in that area. so thats why everyone goes there. one of the owner is a tattoo artist and he knows most of the people that hang around there. also always some straight edge kids there.
there is no aircon but they have few fans. next time they will make renovations AC definately comes. there was only one guy really speaking a good english but even if he wasnt there we were able to get the right stuff.
an all time favourite in Brazil is Açai. some berries thats taste might remind you of blueberries and hey have it in glasses with straws as thick shake or in a bowl with banana and granola(muesli). thats better than any other dessert. its very nutritional. it is so popular in brazil that you can nearly get it everywhere.

Profound_Raincloud
Profound_Raincloud

Vegacy Rocks

5 Posted on 05 / 07 / 2011

We visited Brazil this summer for a conference in Recife and on our way home to Canada stopped in Sao Paulo for 3 days. I had printed out the list of restaurants in Sao Paulo before we left home and our first day in Sao Paulo headed out to find Vegacy as it was so close to our hotel. We got there late but they were still accommodating and served us dinner even though I think we got there right before they were closing, we had veggie burger and fries. It was a great atmosphere and wasn't far from awesome shopping places. We ate at Vegacy again on our last day in Sao Paulo before we had to leave and attended the lunch buffet, it was delightful and extremely affordable and I recommend it to anyone who lives in Brazil or is visiting! Check out Vegacy!

xyzz
xyzz

Wholesome vegan food.

4 Posted on 04 / 03 / 2010

I had been at Vegacy for some snacks but today was the first time I had lunch. I could eat very well, there were nice warm foods ("feijoada" - Brazilian bean stew -, leek soufflé etc.) and enough salads. There are some fruits too and fruit juice included on the price.
On a personal note, I was pleased to be able to eat anything I wanted without worrying about what it was made from.
It is quite cheap too (actually some other vegetarian restaurants in SP have not so fair a price). R$16 (US$9) on Saturdays and R$15 (US$8.50) on week-days.

Pros: good value, wholesome cousine
Marcelo
Marcelo

Burguer delicioso! / Delicious burguer!

5 Posted on 09 / 15 / 2009

Os hamburgueres de tofu defumado e de grao de bico sao deliciosos. O bufe no dia em que fomos (quarta-feira) era feijoada e nao era tao gostoso quanto o burguer.

The smoked tofu and the chickpea burgers are delicious. The day we been there for lunch it was feijoada day, and we didn't like it as much.

Pros: Delicious burger!, Nice location, Fair price.
Cons: Could have a more warm lightning
Merciless666
Merciless666

lovely made food...

5 Posted on 10 / 19 / 2008

one of those places, that only serve lunch.
But it's in one of the nicest parts of Sao Paolo.
The staff seemed to be punkrock based and very kind. don't remember the food so much anymore, since it's been a while when i went there. But it must have been nice enough to take a business card with me and add it in the happay cow...questions?

Pros: nice area, friendly staff, cheap as hell
Cons: closes too early

Dear Owner and Manager of Vegacy: