CLOSED: Vega Vegetarian Bar...

Popular vegetarian food bar from the Bar Vega Group. Offers a wide selection foods in a relaxed atmosphere. Tables outside in the summer. SHUT DOWN SUMMER 2013. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-Friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Juice bar, Salad bar
22 Krupnicza Str., Kraków, Małopolska (minutes walk to the West of Planty & of the Rynek Main Market Square)
Krakow, Poland 31-123
48-12-4300846

Open daily 9am-9pm.

First Review by Stevie
Ophee
Ophee

Pretty Good

4 Posted on 06 / 04 / 2013

Not always a big selection and changes a bit day but day. Can be difficult to know whats vegan.

Pros: Get bang for your buck
Cons: Confusing to order
summerwine
summerwine

how to eat for cheap in the centre of krakow

4 Posted on 02 / 22 / 2013

portions were huge and food was really tasty! i went there with my meat-eating friend and he was surprised how good vegan food is;) i've eaten better things so i for me it was only ok. but then it was really cheap even for Poland-dinner would cost 2,5-3,5 euro and as said earlier, meals are big so you won't leave hungry. the restaurant is located in the centre- 7 min wlak from main market square. the only complains are 1/ food was cold and 2/ no english menu.

Pros: big portions, cheap
Cons: cold food, no english menu
nclarken
nclarken

Good & cheap

4 Posted on 01 / 01 / 2012

One of a plethora of options for vegetarians in Krakow. The menu here is normally extensive, the food cheap and there is quick service. Most of the dishes on the menu are vegetarian versions of Polish favourites. Look to spend between 10-15zl for a main dish.

Pros: Cheap, Location
hack_man
hack_man

Delightful setting

4 Posted on 07 / 06 / 2010

A very strong contender for best veggie place in Krakow in my opinion. Set in an old fashioned style inside with traditional tables and cloth doilies. The food is all ready to serve and sometimes you have to wait your turn as it gets very busy. The main courses are piping hot and are mainly veggie or vegan versions of traditional Polish dishes such as golabki, pierogi, bigos etc but they also do moussakas and lasagnas etc. The outside seating area is a bonus in hot weather.

Pros: location, outside seating, value

kasia
kasia

my favourite

4 Posted on 05 / 18 / 2010

I go there whenever I am in Krakow. Its a great place for any occasion, to go on ur own or with other ppl. Normally I pop in just for a salad, and I end up staying for main, coffee, cake and milk coctailwith fresh fruit. Love it! Love the old fashioned decoof the place and the beautiful tablecloths.

SaraGale
SaraGale

Absolutely Fantastic!

5 Posted on 02 / 28 / 2010

My husband and I are both of polish descent and made a trip to Poland and luckily found this place. It has been over 4 years and we still talk about this place, so that should indicate how wonderful it is. It has authentic polish food presented as vegetarian - which really fulfilled a lot cravings we have had since childhood but couldn't fulfill as all of our relatives couldn't fathom attempting these dishes without meat or meat products. The piergois are to die for and so our all of their soups. Also, the deserts (not vegan) were out of this world. Next trip we take to Krakow this will be our first stop!

Pros: authentic polish food, cozy atmosphere, excellent prices
Cons: can't think of any!
~Jen~
~Jen~

2 locations are better than 1!

4 Posted on 02 / 16 / 2010

Still can't believe that Poland has multiple vegetarian restaurants! I went to the other Vega restaurant first, but was delighted that they had another one in a different area of town!

Same cuisine (I wrote a review as well for the other one), just a delight to have what I thought was impossibole (Polish family telling me that vegetarians didn't even exist LOL).

Had some pretty fresh and yummy salads, among many things!

If you're in Krakow, check it out, not too expensive and just plain awesome!

Pros: 2 locations, Polish vegetarian cuisine!, Inexpensive
Veggie Mama
Veggie Mama

Good basic food that is vegetarian

3 Posted on 10 / 09 / 2009

We live in the mountains, so when we come to Krakow we need a quick bite to eat. Very good crepes (nalesniki), excellent soups. We generally don't get the heavier fare. Nice relaxed atmosphere, plants and fireplace in winter. Good deals on lunch and clean, pretty place. SMOKE FREE!

Pros: ALL NO SMOKING!, reliable food, easy parking, fast service
Cons: not real creative , no new choices, salads not fresh it seems
Marquis
Marquis

Vega

3 Posted on 03 / 18 / 2008

I went here twice: the first time I had red borsjsj soup (I've had better) and a kind of wiener schnitzel with mushrooms, which was quite good. I noticed that the restaurant was filled with single women, I havn't found the reason for that though :-) The second time, I took their vegetable "casserole", which is actually not really a casserole, it's just a kind of pasta with vegetables on a plate, which I woulnd't recommend. The banana cake I had as a dessert was better than the main dish.
6.5/10

tablemoonspoons
tablemoonspoons

what a treat!

5 Posted on 01 / 30 / 2008

this is place is wonderful, romantic on the night i went there with my vegan sweetheart... dark with candle light. affordable, good selection. i have the best story about how i found out about this place, but i wont bore you here with it! just go eat here as much as you can if your visiting.

carols9995
carols9995

Reliable restaurant just off main square.

5 Posted on 11 / 04 / 2007

This restaurant is down a suburban street, a few streets off main square. Very cosy and comfortable. Very popular especially with a younger crowd. Not much choice, soups, salad or vegetable dish, but all choices are healthy. No english spoken or english menu, but very friendly staff and good atmosphere. Good range teas & juices. Excellent value. Meal costs £2-£3. Large portions.

Pros: Good value, friendly staff, Healthy cuisine
Cons: Few choices
Stevie
Stevie

Vega, Krakow

4 Posted on 09 / 09 / 2006

I've eaten in both branches of Vega. As a vegan I wold be more than happy to eat in either again. Tasty and good value for money.

Pros: Tasty, Value for money

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Vega Vegetarian Bar - Krupnicza Str: