All vegan store offering a variety of products including shoes, t-shirts, sweaters, body care products, books, and snacks. Previously located on Blauwburgwal. more-less

First Review by gemmer
Amy1274
Amy1274

Little bit of everything

4 Posted on 07 / 20 / 2014

Small shop right in the city centre selling vegetarian shoes, bamboo clothes, drinks, Fairtrade snacks and vegan ice-cream, vegetarian cookery books and natural toiletries and cosmetics. It is amazing to me how they manage to fit such a wide selection into such a small place!

Pros: location
vegan_ryan
vegan_ryan

Cute store, lots of vegan items

4 Posted on 10 / 28 / 2013

This is a nice little store in a great location in Amsterdam that sells clothing, shoes, toiletries, and some food items.

They have a wide range of vegan shoes, from sneakers to dress shoes, and lots of shirts/jackets/sweatshirts. There is also a section for bath products, pet toys and some frozen food items to cook at home.

Definitely a great store.

Pros: All-vegan, Vegan shoes
Sarask
Sarask

Vega-life - a great place in Amsterdam

4 Posted on 07 / 25 / 2012

I saw it on my walk around in Jordan. I went in there, and it was like heaven for vegans. Unfortunately, I didn't need new shoes or boots at that moment, but all of them looked really nice. They had a small snack and vegetarian meat-section with very cheap raw fruit-bars and vegan white chocolate and substitute milk chocolate. I also found a free vega-map where all vegan, vegetarian and vegan-friendly places in Amsterdam were plotted in on a map with a little description of them. Very useful.

Pros: Vegan chocolate and snacks, Vega-map, Has a lot of vegan stuff
slithers
slithers

go for shoes, stay for extras

5 Posted on 06 / 20 / 2012

The shoe selection is pretty decent, but geared towards the "earthy" set (mostly sneakers, hiking boots and canvas type shoes) and they have some basic clothing and bags (also earthy). However, my favorite was the lovely eclectic mix of "extras" in back including vegan white chocolate (first I ever saw) and some very nice nailpolish (in unusual colors) and creams and such. Also, in heart of Amsterdam and owner lady is super-nice - definitely worth a visit.

Pros: Extras: creams, makeup, chocolate, Nice staff / atmosphere, Location
Cons: Limited shoe styles (mostly earthy)
Aya
Aya

It's amazing!

5 Posted on 03 / 31 / 2012

They carried some very nice shoes and t-shirts, and lots of other items (clothes, toiletries etc).
There were just a few food items, including some vegan white chocolate. :p
It's like a heaven for vegans, definitely worth visiting. Even if everything is quite expensive, I am always happy to support such independent shops.

Pros: All vegan, Very nice shoes, good selection, Lots of other stuff
Cons: Expensive..

niallmc
niallmc

If only I needed shoes

5 Posted on 11 / 24 / 2011

I stumbled across vega life by accident after eating in Bolhoed. It is an amazin shop. All vegan, full of clothes and shoes. There are some creams and a small selection of food. As I was travelling light and on holidays creams were no use, shoes were not on my list of items to buy but the selection is excellent. I would have loved to have seen more food as I would definitely have purchased any vegan goodies. It reminded me of a bigger version of Londons Secret Society of vegans without the self publicity and food. Next time I'm saving for some shoes as stores like this deserve our custom

Pros: great selection of footwear, all vegan, nice staff
Cons: not enough food
hack_man
hack_man

Full of Good Stuff

4 Posted on 02 / 25 / 2011

Set in an idyllic location between Prinsengracht and Keizersgracht in beautiful Jordaan this is a vegan shoppers' paradise. I hope they do well but on our two visits here we were the only people who came through the door. On sale is a good range of vegan clothing and footwear products. A lot of the items are imported from the UK and USA (Vegetarian Shoes, Ethical wares and Macbeth Vegan Products etc) hence the high prices but they do have sale items and reductions. They also sell fridge magnets, books, ethical toiletries and bathroom products. Definitely worth a visit when in Amsterdam

Pros: range of products
Cons: prices
estefinparis
estefinparis

Great shop!

5 Posted on 11 / 02 / 2010

This store is a gem - shoes, clothes, food, books... I wish there were more shops like this one in other countries in Europe! Great selection of vegan shoes, including some beautiful pairs by Novacas. Easily accesible too as it is centrally located.

SynthVegan
SynthVegan

They have a lot of vegan products!

5 Posted on 10 / 10 / 2010

This is the place to go to in Amsterdam for almost any vegan item - I'm sure if they don't have what you're looking for they'd probably order it. It's not a big store, but they carry a ton of product such as clothing (i.e. shirts, socks, panties, belts, etc.), shoes, random food items, creams/lotions, etc. It's a good place to check out for sure, and everything is vegan!

Pros: Everything is vegan
gemmer
gemmer

Keep it coming!

5 Posted on 07 / 12 / 2010

Vega-Life is a great place- lots and lots of selection when it comes to shoes. They also have quite a few other options for clothing, including organic, fair-trade undies and socks. good selection of vegan cosmetics and even great postcards! This place is a gem =)

Dear Owner and Manager of Vega-Life: