Veg World India

Very small and cozy Indian and continental food restaurant, advertising as "90% vegan." The menu del dia includes a salad and soup buffet, and for the second course a choice of the day's entree or a thali plate, plus a dessert. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, International, Buffet, Take-out

First Review by eg0001
DanielAmaral
DanielAmaral

Nice!

4 Posted on 02 / 10 / 2014

This place is awesome. It is in a walking distance from the Guell Park through a different part of the city. They have so many options that it is hard to choose among them all. I ordered rice with something like "vegetable kebab" that came smoked in sticks. I also ordered the samosa and it was amazing. Go to this place!

Pros: Samosa, big menu
fop21
fop21

Great vegetarian experience

5 Posted on 08 / 04 / 2013

Lovely place, great atmosphere, amazing meal. My first Indian vegetarian experience. I went there in the evening and we ordered an option that was served in courses. I made the mistake of not finishing the first course before the waiter took it away and before I figured out how it worked. The food was so tasty, not spicy at all. Would definitely recommend Veg World India and go back!

Pros: Delicious food, Great atmosphere, Very pleasant experience
Cons: Pricey, Water I ordered came in a plastic bottle
GizelaRego
GizelaRego

Good energy :)

5 Posted on 07 / 12 / 2013

Nice place, cozy and friendly. The price was really good, with big portions! And the entree was amazing, because is a buffet with many many options, also with amazing soup :)
Really nice employees
Want to go there again, for sure :)

Pros: Price, Portions, Employees
Cons: Small place
heliorodrigues
heliorodrigues

feels like india!

5 Posted on 07 / 10 / 2013

excellent service, friendly and relaxed atmosphere. good value for great indian food!! it seems to be very popular and since the place is very small i'd recommend to book in advance or get there early. nice vibe and proper indian! strongly recommend!

Pros: good value, excellent food, friendly staff
Little fatty
Little fatty

Fantastic

5 Posted on 04 / 07 / 2013

My husband and I, who are strict vegetarians visited here after seeing it advertised on the metro. The service was excellent and friendly. The food was authentic and delicious, where the portions and variety were generous. The decor was quaint and delightful. All in all an excellent meal at an affordable price. A really lovely place.

Blueberries
Blueberries

Good vegan Indian food

4 Posted on 10 / 06 / 2012

Had a vegan meal for two here, I had aloo gobi, garlic naan bread and carrot cake (we asked if there were vegan desserts and this was the option we were given) and my companion had korma, potato naan bread and the carrot cake. The food was delicious, not too spicy. The restaurant was busy and most of the customers were Indian, which is always a good sign for an Indian restaurant. My only qualms were that the vegan options were not listed on the menu, we just ordered dishes that had no obvious dairy listed and asked if they were vegan, which we were assured they were. My companion had a milk drink that they made up with soya milk, so they seem to adapt things when asked. The price of a meal for two with dessert and one drink each was €25.95 which was reasonable.

Pros: Reasonable price, Good vegan options including naan bread, Prompt service
Cons: Vegan options not marked or listed, Only one vegan dessert
vegetariangirl
vegetariangirl

friendly and mostly vegan

5 Posted on 06 / 19 / 2012

Great staff easily assisted us in ordering all vegan. Great salad bar with soup. Lots of vegan options.

Pros: salad bar, almost all vegan , great naan
kimchipokumbap
kimchipokumbap

Great at lunch-time

4 Posted on 07 / 30 / 2011

Very nice little restaurant with a menu del día consisting of a varied salad buffet (which includes excellent hummus and strips of tasty tofu), a soup of the day and a hot course like indian thali. Almost everything is vegan. They serve naan bread with cheese but you can ask it only with garlic seasoning. They have also tasty desserts like different kinds of pies, ice-cream, fruits, etc.

Pros: Friendly staff, 90% vegan, Good atmosphere
herbitraveler
herbitraveler

Awesome place

5 Posted on 04 / 27 / 2011

Hi all,
Went to this place with my wife on a Spanish holiday. We loved the place, excellent food, great hospitality. Food was reasonably priced, the variety was good and was not too oily. The salads were crisp and tasty as well.
To top it all, the toilets were clean. All in all a highly recommended place.

burritomath
burritomath

Veg World India 90 % Vegan Indeed

5 Posted on 01 / 03 / 2011

This was just a short walk from the metro stop along a mostly residential street. The hanging sign greeted us as we approached and we excited to see the "90% vegan" there. It is a small narrow place, but quite cozy and well appointed. There were a lot of interesting decorations to look at as we waited for our food to arrive. There was a nice soundtrack playing low in the background as well. When we placed our order, the server asked if we wanted vegan and we happily said yes. As for the reviews that disagree with the 90% vegan claim, we were told we could have almost any non cheese item prepared vegan. We chose a aloo ghobi and aloo bombay, with garlic naan and rice. The food was amazing. Seriously amazing. And compared to other Indian places I have eaten throughout Europe, the price versus portion was better than anywhere else I can think of. The bill for two people, with appetizers, entrees and drinks came in under 30 euro.

Pros: super vegan friendly, very good food, great atmoshere
Cons: could get crowded
estefinparis
estefinparis

Cosy Indian restaurant

3 Posted on 01 / 31 / 2010

Veg World India is a cosy little restaurant in the Gracia area. We tried it on a Saturday evening and there was no "menú del día" or salad buffet as this is reserved for midday. We shared the mixed starters (onion baji, samosa, paneer pakora, baingan pakora...) and as main course we had the tandoori veg kebab and paneer dosa. This, together with two nan, one lime juice, one lassi, one tea and one chocolate cake cost us approximately 50 euro. All in all quite enjoyable with good food and a nice atmosphere. I do disagree though with their claim that the restaurant is 90% vegan, considering a significant number of dishes contain cheese, yoghurt or cream, including the thali and the two tasting menus.

eg0001
eg0001

Great Food - Friendly Service

5 Posted on 05 / 30 / 2007

We found Veg World accidentally and were pleasantly surprised! The place has a menu-del-dia which includes a buffet-style salad bar, quite a large main course, and dessert. The staff was very friendly and refused to charge my friend full-price for her meal because she didn't eat very much. The food was great! The salad bar included basmati rice, hummus, grilled tofu, and fresh naan was served at the table upon arrival. The main course consisted of several tasty Indian tapas of sorts, and there were several dessert options. According to the waitress/hostess, my entire meal was vegan. The place claims to be 90 percent vegan. I'll definitely be returning on my next trip to Barcelona.

Pros: large portions, friendly service, great food

Dear Owner and Manager of Veg World India: