Vegetarian Indian and Italian food restaurant. Serves pizza, soups, salads, Indian dishes, etc. From the central station take tram lines 4, 5, (direction Arsten) or 6 (direction Flughafen) and get off at station "Theater am Leibnizplatz". Head back a little and the first street on the left is Neustadtswall. Open 12:30-22:30 during holidays. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Indian, Italian, Delivery

Pamina
Pamina

A vegetarian world

Posted on 01 / 11 / 2015

This is first of all an Indian vegetarian restaurant, and the decor and music are typically "Indian" in a very relaxed and welcoming way. The menu, though, offers more than that, there are many Italian dishes as well. All the Indian dishes can be made vegan upon request. That does not include the drinks, though: I asked for a vegan chai tea and they don't have any vegan milk (such as soy milk) and instead offered to make me a tea without milk. I opted for a juice instead. I really can't understand why they don't just get some soy milk, I am sure many people would appreciate it, as I heard a customer ask for it just minutes after I did.

I ordered a chick peas and potato dish and it tasted very well and was also quite spicy. The waiter had asked me beforehand if I wanted it spicy or not. Every Indian dish comes with rice and salad, and the size of the meal was really huge.

Service was friendly and the location is very good, just a short walk from the old town and the Schlachte. Prices are ok as well, with main dishes between 8,00 and 11,00€.
Actually, this restaurant was much better than I had expected from their website, and I enjoyed my visit!

Pros: Tasty food & friendly service, Affordable prices, Good location
Cons: Non-vegan drinks can't be made vegan
olia_m
olia_m

Nice place

Posted on 05 / 03 / 2012

Quite a large choice of meals, starting from pasta and pizza and ending with Indian meals. Didn't have to wait long for the tasty food, the portions were huge (couldn't eat up my samosa-plate and got a doggie-bag with the rest of my meal). Friendly English-speaking staff, the menu is only in German though.

Pros: tasty food, moderate prices, huge portions

Dear Owner and Manager of Veg-World: