Vegetarian Indian and Italian food restaurant. Serves pizza, soups, salads, Indian dishes, etc. From the central station take tram lines 4, 5, (direction Arsten) or 6 (direction Flughafen) and get off at station "Theater am Leibnizplatz". Head back a little and the first street on the left is Neustadtswall. Open 12:30-22:30 during holidays. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Indian, Italian, Delivery

Tank242
Tank242

WTF?!

Posted on 05 / 11 / 2015

Bremen held two very contrary culinaric surprises for my family and me. Tired after an easterly roadtrip especially our three kids were craving for some vegan dinner.
Ignoring the warning of my inner voice (or the fact of the hopelessly dirty windowfront, the grass covered flower boxes next to the entrance, the formerly white, now grey/black stained high chair, the warning eyes of the waitress - short: every warning an experienced traveler should not ignore) we hit the adventure.
Staff was pretty but impolite, the v-cheese on the dry, tasteless pizza was so substandard... It reminded me of cellulose. I had veggie lasagna with some cellulose crumps on it, but the inside was not better. Only the indian dish was mediocre at best.

The waitress elegantly avoided any questions concerning our well-being and asked if she could take some plates with her. (That impressed me really - thinking: Hey, they really know they are serving crap for money!)

Any advice for this place?
a) shut down
b) new owners immediately
c) ignore, until a) or b) happens.

Till then, go for a good indian place without enhanced menue or to my other Bremen review...

Pros: Indian food is eatable
Cons: everything. Really.
Pamina
Pamina

A vegetarian world

Posted on 01 / 11 / 2015

This is first of all an Indian vegetarian restaurant, and the decor and music are typically "Indian" in a very relaxed and welcoming way. The menu, though, offers more than that, there are many Italian dishes as well. All the Indian dishes can be made vegan upon request. That does not include the drinks, though: I asked for a vegan chai tea and they don't have any vegan milk (such as soy milk) and instead offered to make me a tea without milk. I opted for a juice instead. I really can't understand why they don't just get some soy milk, I am sure many people would appreciate it, as I heard a customer ask for it just minutes after I did.

I ordered a chick peas and potato dish and it tasted very well and was also quite spicy. The waiter had asked me beforehand if I wanted it spicy or not. Every Indian dish comes with rice and salad, and the size of the meal was really huge.

Service was friendly and the location is very good, just a short walk from the old town and the Schlachte. Prices are ok as well, with main dishes between 8,00 and 11,00€.
Actually, this restaurant was much better than I had expected from their website, and I enjoyed my visit!

Pros: Tasty food & friendly service, Affordable prices, Good location
Cons: Non-vegan drinks can't be made vegan
olia_m
olia_m

Nice place

Posted on 05 / 03 / 2012

Quite a large choice of meals, starting from pasta and pizza and ending with Indian meals. Didn't have to wait long for the tasty food, the portions were huge (couldn't eat up my samosa-plate and got a doggie-bag with the rest of my meal). Friendly English-speaking staff, the menu is only in German though.

Pros: tasty food, moderate prices, huge portions

Dear Owner and Manager of Veg-World: