CLOSED: Veg-O-Rama

Locally owned and operated and sourcing as much local and organic produce as possible. Part French cafe, part retro American diner with art and music. Tofu reuben, veggie burger, chili dog with the works, salads, soups, and desserts. Changing seasonal menu. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto,American, Organic, Beer/Wine
1204 N Central St
Knoxville, Tennessee 37917
865-540-8346

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Diane Bird
tempest
tempest

Fair

Posted on 10 / 19 / 2010

While this restaurant has a wonderful atmosphere and cheap beer, I found the menu to be uninspired. They do tend to have a nice rotation of soups.

Pros: Vegetarian, Atmosphere, Happy Hour
Cons: Menu
Kevin Meyer
Kevin Meyer

Best Vegan

Posted on 07 / 12 / 2010

Great creative vegan food featuring local produce, good wine & beer list, warm bright friendlt atmosphere. Our vegan meetup group has met there several times.

Pros: high quality food, creative, delicious
Cons: service can be slow
Kaity Proctor
Kaity Proctor

Yummy vegetarian food!!!

Posted on 06 / 26 / 2010

I love this place! Great atmosphere and great food! They can do almost anything vegan-including the veggie reuben with tofutti cheese. I also had the french onion soup which was yummy as well-also able to have them make with vegan cheese! Will be returning soon! Just a few minutes off broadway and literally 3 min from St. Mary's hospital.

Pros: good food, great atmostphere, lots of vegan options
Cons: limited parking, reviving neighborhood, closed mondays. =(

kristenstar4
kristenstar4

very good

Posted on 01 / 16 / 2010

I went to this restaurant on my company's dime (travel expense). I was able to try more food because of it. I really enjoyed the flavors. Not many places that are vegan friendly like this so I would return again

Willers
Willers

Veg-O-Rama

Posted on 01 / 12 / 2010

This friendly, low-key, vegetarian restaurant should not be missed if in Knoxville. The veggie burger was excellent, as was the chili and the soup (which changes daily). Beer and wine prices were extremely reasonable. It goes without saying that the ingredients are as fresh as they can get. The "downtown north" neighborhood is one that is undergoing restoration and revival, so don't be put off by its eclectic, yet at times sparsely populated, nature.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly service, Retro-modern decor
Cons: Reviving neighborhood
Diane Bird
Diane Bird

Very Good

Posted on 07 / 24 / 2009

I had the Veggie Skewers. They were delicious. They were served on polenta and grilled tofu with a wonderful tasty sauce. I also had fresh carrot, apple, ginger juice. I'll be going back soon.

Pros: organic, several vegan choices, delicious

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Veg-O-Rama: